Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How long is it?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 10, 2012
When people said that Cool Ranch was long, I thought it was going to be about 2-4 weeks, but then I hear people say 7 months. 7 months! My membership won't last that long! Is it really that long? How much time does Cool Ranch take? And btw, why do people get sick of CR? I love the gorgeous sunset. and when I try to tell people in w101 text chat, it won't lemme say "Ranch"!

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
It really depends on how dedicated you are to playing.

I have a friend who finished the entire game in about 2 weeks (I imagine he had to have IV sustenance to keep him going).

I play several hours a day and if I were playing straight through with one pirate I could finish Cool Ranch in your 2-4 week timeframe, no problem. As it is, I hop around between pirates and spend quite a bit of time in Bestia so it'll take a bit longer.

I think the *tiring* of Cool Ranch is likely because there are several points throughout where it seems as if you're SO close to being done and it feels like the next world is right around the corner and then BAM! You find yourself in a whole new skyway system with so many more CR quests on your plate. By the second or third time you're thinking, "Oh, come on!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dandy Lucille Barc... on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
When people said that Cool Ranch was long, I thought it was going to be about 2-4 weeks, but then I hear people say 7 months. 7 months! My membership won't last that long! Is it really that long? How much time does Cool Ranch take? And btw, why do people get sick of CR? I love the gorgeous sunset. and when I try to tell people in w101 text chat, it won't lemme say "Ranch"!
It is a very long world, mainly because we're searching for the map piece and it is in Capt. Blood's treasure, so we search for El Toro, etc etc, take a side trip to tradewinds and the scurvy dogs then to Port Regal ( too short, though interesting ) then return to CR and more errands... by which time you are heartily sick of the place! Takes more like a month and a half ( depending on play time ). Three months tops I'd say. The filter is sometimes very weird.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Hey Lucille!

Cool Ranch definitely does not take 7 months, unless you play for 15 minutes a day. It all depends on your battle strategy, how fast you quest, and whether you have a group of people or go it solo. In my estimate, it's about 1-3 weeks to finish the entirety of Cool Ranch. Don't worry, I'm not sick of CR, that's where I got my Santa Rana hat for my Musketeer which gives him a very nice Overwatch Epic Talent.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
well, at first CR can be difficult because of the level jump. after that though, it isn't difficult, just tedious.
with a whopping 6 different sky ways, it is the largest ( so far ) world in p101. even skull island has only 4 skyways.
it it so large, they have a hiatus in the middle where you go to port regal for a while! however, 7 months is an exaggeration. it is more on the order 3-4 weeks. ENYOY!

Matthew Walker-65-

Petty Officer
Aug 27, 2010
I did it in a week. It matters from how much you play per day.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
If there are more than one character in the selection screen, let's say 4 to 6 in total and switch between characters often it dose take that long ( witch to me 7 months is very long ). But with one character on the selection screen depending how long and often, do you play it takes around with all or most of the side quests takes like 1 to 2 months to move on to well that world, with some side quests and/or just the main storyline faster to finish but a lot harder it takes about 3 to 6 weeks. Enjoy your visit in Cool Ranch.

Congrats to players who finished it faster than 3 weeks ( i thought that was impossible to accomplished.)

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Your best option is to have a max just boost through the entire world with you (happened to me multiple times, ty friends ) but getting back to it, I managed to finish cool ranch in about 6 days with the boost since he took care of everything

(yeah sure it did ruin the game at some points, but heck if this is your 3-5th time around to this world, you are happy to just END it lol)

(note: I was playing for about 3-4 hours a day and I have all 5 classes maxed out)