Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Have mercy... please help me...

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
These Bumbaloons are beating us so badly that everytime I try to fight them, I end up at the life fountain. I feel like giving up already, and I feel as if nobody is there to help me. Unfortunately, you cant help other people defeat sky creatures unless you're their friend and you teleport to them. I feel like crying.

Lovable Natalie level 23

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Dec 25, 2013 wrote:
These Bumbaloons are beating us so badly that everytime I try to fight them, I end up at the life fountain. I feel like giving up already, and I feel as if nobody is there to help me. Unfortunately, you cant help other people defeat sky creatures unless you're their friend and you teleport to them. I feel like crying.

Lovable Natalie level 23
Now now, don't cry! I will help you! Just give me a time, place, and realm and I will try to meet you.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Dont worry, i know exactly how you feel (My level 22 privateer struggled too). Dont worry though, here's how you win. Make sure your top 3 spots contain these companions:
First Mate: Egg Shen
If you've promoted him, make sure he has relentless 2. With a critical buff, and 3 extra attacks, you could knock a bumbaloon to extremely low health.
Second in command: Bonnie Anne
The sharpshooting fox, with burst fire 2, completely dominates against melee opponents. Make sure you keep her safe, with valor's shield, and increase her accuracy to get the most out of her burst fires.
Last but not the least: Ratbeard
If he's promoted, make sure you gave him first strike and perhaps repel borders or cheap shot. With a critical buff, he'll deal insane amounts of damage, whilst withstanding it with his high armor stat.

The Battle Plan
You want to use the most essential buffs, as fast as possible, so i suggest you first use a critical buff. Incase the enemies come in straight away, ratbeards repel borders and first strike, along with egg shens first strike and relentless will deal major damage. Plus it is also defensive, as you can critical heal with it too. Second, increase your accuracy with call to arms, and focus fire with your companions. For a dead buffaloon cannot attack, but one buffaloon at 5 hp could epic critical and kill your companion. Make sure you attack with all you've got, even if the buffaloon's riddiculously low, you cant risk it surviving, you'd rather be sure it's dead then to leave it alive and injure your bonnie anne severely. Then, cast a group heal if they're all low. Your new heal (regroup) should serve these purposes. If it criticals thats around 200hp to a group. Then keep using the focus fire technique. In the case one of your companions does die, make sure you protect the surviving ones. Use bonnie's heal if you get her, and if you get Emmett use his refresh group heal.
Good luck :-) !

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 53

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yup, a tough quest when there is no one around to help. Short of calling out to passers-by, and friending them so they can port, you could go to the nearest post and see if anyone on the docks also has a quest for it and you could board the same ship there without friending and work together that way. I know it's not much, but if your friend list is all full, it is another way.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
well did you train and use your powers wisely
I can help you with it
I am in captain Avery's office
you can meet me there and I will help you just tell me the realm you want to meet in
did your companions get their promotions done
if you need help leveling do side quests that are easy for you

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
At the beginning of the game, things can seem to be pretty grindy. Hook up with a friend to make battles and ship battles a lot more bearable.

Hope this helps! Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Before you fight those bumbaloons please read our One-Eyed Jack's excellent advice the give us in the May newsletter. I re read it each time I bring a pirate through Cool Ranch and I now sail through those herds like they are soft sheep. It has wonderful tips that will get you through, if you listen and do what he says.
Also I always let my bumbaloon and buffaloon quests sit in my quest list until I get the quest for the striped ones in the quest for Brother Wolf. That way when you are getting the striped ones, you are also taking care of all the other ones at the same time. With the exception of the regular buffaloons from Rooster Cogburn, those are in Cooper's Roost skyway and won't count but when you go back and do them, they are so weak compared to the striped ones that they will be a breeze when you use the same fighting techniques Jack taught ya.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
You can win most quests without having to cry out for help. I believe in you! Have all your characters attack the same enemy until it dies. Don't forget to heal yourself and your crew when you need it. Use your buffs wisely. Sure fighting with strategy takes longer but you will succeed.

Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
DeathWiz101378 on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
Dont worry, i know exactly how you feel (My level 22 privateer struggled too). Dont worry though, here's how you win. Make sure your top 3 spots contain these companions:
If you've promoted him, make sure he has relentless 2. With a critical buff, and 3 extra attacks, you could knock a bumbaloon to extremely low health.
The sharpshooting fox, with burst fire 2, completely dominates against melee opponents. Make sure you keep her safe, with valor's shield, and increase her accuracy to get the most out of her burst fires.
If he's promoted, make sure you gave him first strike and perhaps repel borders or cheap shot. With a critical buff, he'll deal insane amounts of damage, whilst withstanding it with his high armor stat.

The Battle Plan
You want to use the most essential buffs, as fast as possible, so i suggest you first use a critical buff. Incase the enemies come in straight away, ratbeards repel borders and first strike, along with egg shens first strike and relentless will deal major damage. Plus it is also defensive, as you can critical heal with it too. Second, increase your accuracy with call to arms, and focus fire with your companions. For a dead buffaloon cannot attack, but one buffaloon at 5 hp could epic critical and kill your companion. Make sure you attack with all you've got, even if the buffaloon's riddiculously low, you cant risk it surviving, you'd rather be sure it's dead then to leave it alive and injure your bonnie anne severely. Then, cast a group heal if they're all low. Your new heal (regroup) should serve these purposes. If it criticals thats around 200hp to a group. Then keep using the focus fire technique. In the case one of your companions does die, make sure you protect the surviving ones. Use bonnie's heal if you get her, and if you get Emmett use his refresh group heal.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
OMG Thanks so much for the tip about Egg and Anne! They did so well in this next fight that we won! (Though they died in the process) You guys are great! (Gives Egg and Anne a big hug)

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
DeathWiz101378 on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:

The Battle Plan

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Oh but I also forgot to mention that they die quick, even though they dealt massive damage.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Update: I have also received this quest on my Witchdoctor. It is extremely hard for her to survive a fight as well. (And I'm guessing too for my Musketeer and Swashbuckler) Once I was fighting with her, and she was at yellow, and when the Bumbaloon used its epic hit, she was KNOCKED OUT. Another time, I fought with my Kan Po, and he died within the second round, which is sad. I don't know if my Swashbuckler and Musketeer are going to go through this, but there is a 90-95% chance they will...

Romantic Hannah Devereaux
Slick Stephanie Maxwell
Happy Esmerelda

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
CheeryCherry1234 on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Update: I have also received this quest on my Witchdoctor. It is extremely hard for her to survive a fight as well. (And I'm guessing too for my Musketeer and Swashbuckler) Once I was fighting with her, and she was at yellow, and when the Bumbaloon used its epic hit, she was KNOCKED OUT. Another time, I fought with my Kan Po, and he died within the second round, which is sad. I don't know if my Swashbuckler and Musketeer are going to go through this, but there is a 90-95% chance they will...

Romantic Hannah Devereaux
Slick Stephanie Maxwell
Happy Esmerelda
Ha, funny my witchdoctor died non-stop during that quest.
Anyway, your best chances of winning should have these companions:
Firstmate: Kan Po
If promoted, he totally rocks. With relentless 2 and naturally high dodge, he'll be dodging then dealing damage back to the opponent, and then triggering even more relentless chains. His heal is also very useful, and it seems to critical a lot of the time

I doubt i have to say it again, lol. The sharpshooting fox totally rocks with burst fire 2, or burst 1 and an overwatch wouldn't hurt. Give her some big juju (assuming you have it by now) and she'll burst like crazy, and it also increases her damage output.

Last but not least: Mormo
He may seem a bad choice at first, but if he's promoted, with mojo blast and a reduce damage move, he rocks! Keep him at the back, and give him the epics: Jobu's ruse and mojo echo. His accuracy is so low jobu's ruse guarantees a hit (well, most of the time) and mojo echo deals some extra damage in there. Mojo blast is a great AoE, dealing extreme damage if it criticals. Combined with your mojo blast, and bonnie's scatterblast, you could deal grevious damage to a group in one turn.

And with your swash, it wont be too hard. Your companions are likely to die but you'll survive, with your high dodge and first strike, dealing damage before they can touch you.
However, on your musketeer it wont be the same. But good luck in the future, and come back here if you need more help! :D

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 56

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well my swashbuckler saved all her buffaloons until she got the striped quest. By then she was at level 28. I re read Jack's article and I soloed the quest and only lost a couple of companions and never needed to go to a life fountain. I put all my witchdoctors and shooters up to the front of my crew roster and used the first turn to place everyone so that they could not be flanked and we just took them out one at a time and it was very stress free. It was the same with my buccaneer. These herds can be managed if you just do it right..

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
My witchdoctor had no issues with these guys either but I made sure to put my strong guys up front to protect me and I placed them to avoid the dreaded bumbaloon sandwich from them flanking. If you are placed where they cannot flank you just be patient. You do not have to go out to hit them. They will eventually come to you. Passing a turn because you can't reach one is always much wiser that to step out to reach one and getting flanked and triggering their other epics. I have never had to pass more than one round. Trust me, they will come to you. Once you are down to that last one then by all means swarm all over it and celebrate your victory.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Really I didn't lose a single battle or any companions doing them there easy and I was a witchdoctors and I honestly think you should be able to get help its unfair

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 26, 2013 wrote:
Yup, a tough quest when there is no one around to help. Short of calling out to passers-by, and friending them so they can port, you could go to the nearest post and see if anyone on the docks also has a quest for it and you could board the same ship there without friending and work together that way. I know it's not much, but if your friend list is all full, it is another way.
I don't think I can do that, since I don't have chat, and 70% of the people there do. Also, my friends have chat as well, and are unable to help me everytime I cry for help during combat. And I get embarrassed when I do that, since many people are not on that quest. This quest is so AGGRAVATING, and guess what? Did you know that ONE Super, Mega, or Epic Hit can take you down 35-50%???? (Due to the fact that Bonnie Anne was so squishy at that time that when she was at yellow, the Bumbaloon's Epic Hit knocked her out.) These Bumbaloons need to be nerfed FAST.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CheeryCherry1234 on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I don't think I can do that, since I don't have chat, and 70% of the people there do. Also, my friends have chat as well, and are unable to help me everytime I cry for help during combat. And I get embarrassed when I do that, since many people are not on that quest. This quest is so AGGRAVATING, and guess what? Did you know that ONE Super, Mega, or Epic Hit can take you down 35-50%???? (Due to the fact that Bonnie Anne was so squishy at that time that when she was at yellow, the Bumbaloon's Epic Hit knocked her out.) These Bumbaloons need to be nerfed FAST.
Things will get easier CheeryCheery1234- as long as you pay attention to how you train your pirate, properly train companions and use them effectively in battle, and always remember to upgrade your pirate by choosing gear that works best her. If you truly want help it is ok to ask for it but unless you do the things above and pay attention to the details, it may continue to be a struggle.

Also if you post the realm you play in, specific world location you can be found questing in, and times (and Time Zone) you tend to play, I am sure there are a lot of great people here who will try and keep an eye out for you- even without you specifically posting for help. Most of the people here seem to look out for their fellow pirates, especially if the ones asking for help are willing to help themselves in the process.

Well, good luck and if you post your info, I will be sure to check on you from time to time. Or if you need help with a particular quest just post your needs (with all info of course) and make sure to reply and show up if I or someone else responds with the desire to help you out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
They do not need to be nerfed. If you would just follow our advice you can easily tackle them. Just re read the tips and take the time to do what they say and you can do it. I have soloed them on each of the classes so I KNOW it works. Just be patient and use the tips. You CAN do this.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Get lefty in Santos pollo and get bones McGee in flotsam then have your highest health guy in your crew

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I can help you if you want on this character:
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 60 witch doctor

on Monday January 13 2014 at 5:20 Central time