Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fort McMurtry and their Side Quests

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
I'm getting a tad bit ticked at the NPCs in Fort McMurtry. It seems that all of the side quests they give out - all of them - have to deal with defeating something. Professor Beakington wants you to defeat Bloodbats or something. Nearly ALL of them want you to defeat Ghost Ships and get something.

It's supposed to be an army! Why not go get permission from the Captain, organize some troops, and do it yourself, you lazy, arrogant - okay. You get my point.

I just think it's a hassle to spend half my day defeating everything in the Haunted Skyway for a little bit of gold and barely any XP, maybe some training tomes. Maybe KI could take away a few NPCs in Fort McMurtry, I guess.

Loyal Emmaline Ramsey, lvl 38

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CyanGirl on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
I'm getting a tad bit ticked at the NPCs in Fort McMurtry. It seems that all of the side quests they give out - all of them - have to deal with defeating something. Professor Beakington wants you to defeat Bloodbats or something. Nearly ALL of them want you to defeat Ghost Ships and get something.

It's supposed to be an army! Why not go get permission from the Captain, organize some troops, and do it yourself, you lazy, arrogant - okay. You get my point.

I just think it's a hassle to spend half my day defeating everything in the Haunted Skyway for a little bit of gold and barely any XP, maybe some training tomes. Maybe KI could take away a few NPCs in Fort McMurtry, I guess.

Possibly but then players would be complaining about nothing to do. Just keeping ya busy with things to get ya the gold and XP, even in small amounts it DOES add up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
Possibly but then players would be complaining about nothing to do. Just keeping ya busy with things to get ya the gold and XP, even in small amounts it DOES add up.
With Cool Ranch being so big and a loooong story line, I doubt any player would complain about making it shorter!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
One way to reduce the number of times you have to go back to Fort McMurtry is to get all the quests that you can before leaving to do the quests. If I remember correctly, this will reduce having to go back there to 3 or 4 times.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
CyanGirl on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:

NO Side quests are a blessing. The more there are, the more opportunities and more story that is added into the game. When it comes to side quests, they are only optional to take but, are recommended to do. If you are bothered by them, then don't do them. And of course big tasks like that are going to result in a nice reward. I did every Fort McMurtry quest, and I got into Mooshu at level 43 (I did do side quests in past worlds), and I was ahead of the game. Mooshu was a slide for me because I dedicated time to do these side quests that I did in the past. Marleybone was a slide because I dedicated time to do the side quests in Mooshu. The same goes with Aquila. What I am saying is that side quests can be of great use. Of course they're not gonna make you do a difficult task and make you go un-rewarded These rewards can very much pay of in the future. Trust me!

Also, here is some advice. When ever I get the chance, I like to kill two birds with one stone - err... In other words, its best to multitask if it is possible. Here is what I did with the ghost ship side quests in Fort McMurtry - In the regular storyline quest, you get a quest to defeat a certain number of Ghost Ships. Now what I did is before I went to do that task, I went to go collect the two other quests that require you to defeat 'X' number of ghost shipsand collect items from them. Once I got all the quests I wanted, I went to go fight the Ghost Ships, and was working on not one, but THREE quests at once. I completed all of them at once, and got TRIPLE the rewards. Thats one trick I used, can be performed with other side quests as well. If you get a storyline quest to defeat some Inoshishi bandits, and if you find a side quest where you need to defeat or collect things from an Inoshishi bandit, then do the side quest. Multitasking can be a great way to get more than just one reward. If you were to find yourself in McMurty again, then take this advice - I know this will be of great use See you in the Spiral