Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Finding Cool Ranch stressful?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 16, 2011
I do have a recomindation (i thunk i spelt it wrong) when ye get to santo pollo go to the caver there ye will find a quest for a lvl 21 companion ye gotta fight 6 storm raiders once i did that the companion helped meh in most of my fights

- Dead-Eye Griffin Qaurell lvl 20

Ensign
Aug 04, 2010
Cool Ranch is indeed tough. If it's the ships that are the bad part, you need to sink lower level ships for good items. It is good at this level to sink the ship rather than boarding it. As for the enemies, they like to focus on one guy at a time.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Ensign
Jul 16, 2011
I'm a level 33 and I just got into the haunted skyway and am about to fight 12 undead ships. I have a bison skiff (heavy) that I got in tumbleweed that I bought no powers for because I'm only a nautical level 17. So I have to board the ships. Will the fights be easy or hard?

- Loyal Michael Templeton Musketeer

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
I remember when I was stressed out by cool ranch, but some people are able to complete the whole world in A DAY. It took me about a couple of days before I completed the whole thing and the part that took me the longest was actually the hidden valley ranch (lol), it took me about a day to complete that and then the rest took me the rest of my 4 days.

Never give up pirates!!
~ Noble Mistydove

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
I hate the fact that cool ranch just continously makes you do different things all the time. You save clark, you find el torro, you find tonka, you find el torro ghost, you go to port regal (which was a good vacation from CR), You go to the ghost town dungeon, then finally finish with the deacon fight! Long live the other worlds, CR just needs to shorten. You also have to find the magnificent seven, but that was fun and short. at least give us a few more companions from a world that long!

Name: Arthur Lanyard
Type:

Ensign
Apr 09, 2011
I have taken 4 of the available classes to lvl 50 and to the end of currently available quests.I am now taking a 5th class through and am in CR.I have played solo only apart from the odd player stepping into my battles.
My point is that CR is not so bad.Perseverance is the key.If your first mate is not working for you...try another class (eg,range attack).Sometimes you get a bad draw in your combatants and that can make things nasty.You can suffer the defeat or flee and retry with a new company.
A suggestion is to do as many side-missions as you can.They level you quicker...give training points in some cases and also ensure you do not neglect your nautical level.If you are still in your low to mid 20s when you reach CR...I suspect you arrowed through the main storyline.
What I would love to know is....When is the next "chapter" coming?LOL.

Good luck all.Have fun.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
TheEarthGems on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Hey!

A lot of my friends are always asking me for help (I am also in need of help in CR) on things I haven't done or previously done in CR because it's "Too stressful".

If you're finding CR too stressful, take a look at yourself, here's a few tips:

-If you get upset losing a companion that you adore - Don't worry! You can heal it at the end of the battle.
-If you die a lot in CR - Don't get annoyed. Adapt your battle strategy - The mobs are very clever.
-If you get bored of the questline and stressed over it - Don't. It's not worth getting stressed over a game.
-CR is very hard, I know myself. Just keep trying. I know it may be hard!
-Each zone is meant for a certain level. Coopers Roast the lowest, Deacon the highest. You need to be at least a level 18 when you first start CR to not complain about how hard it is. I'm currently level 22 and halfway through CR.

Just remember, CR is hard. Each world offers a challenge for you to participate in. If you need help, call a friend. Don't get upset :)
i started cool ranch at 17 and it wasnt hard at all i had kan po and kills all the guys also someone almost copied the title of your topic you should go yell at him everything was to easy as if i were level 50 which i am now

Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
For witch doctors it's not so stressful at level 20 they get mojo blade which deals a good amount of damage and quickly made me progress through cool ranch Then when your level 30 you get your minion power and mojo reaver it makes it twice as easy due that mojo reaver is twice as strong than mojo blade

Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
My problem is that the quests are too long. I mean, I've got a quest and it wants me to defeat 12 wild bunch ships and 12 red sash ships! And it doesn't even give you that much experience.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Yeah thanks for the tip but this place is very difficult!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Hey!

A lot of my friends are always asking me for help (I am also in need of help in CR) on things I haven't done or previously done in CR because it's "Too stressful".

-If you get upset losing a companion that you adore - Don't worry! You can heal it at the end of the battle.
-If you die a lot in CR - Don't get annoyed. Adapt your battle strategy - The mobs are very clever.
-If you get bored of the questline and stressed over it - Don't. It's not worth getting stressed over a game.
-Each zone is meant for a certain level. Coopers Roast the lowest, Deacon the highest. You need to be at least a level 18 when you first start CR to not complain about how hard it is. I'm currently level 22 and halfway through CR.

Just remember, CR is hard. Each world offers a challenge for you to participate in. If you need help, call a friend. Don't get upset :)
Hey guys, it's Captain Bunny with some advice!
I noticed that at level 16, when you first get to Cool Ranch, It is extremely hard (especially Hidden Valley Ranch)! But once you get to book 6 (El Toro da da da!), the difficulty decreases. In book 7, the lagooneys on the Darkmoor ships, the bumbaloons and the sky snakes are very difficult! Another hard part is the Dusty Arroyo Cave (where you fight Buck Bronco), Miranda (so many battles!) and the Motherlode Mines (where you kill Deacon!). Don't worry. If you ever get really stuck, go back and do side quests. That always helps me!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I have a tip for you!

It will make you feel like it is a lot shorter if you split it into different parts. I split it from Part 1 (Entering Cool Ranch) to Part 31 (The Motherlode Mine). Currently I am on Part 13 (Brother Owl's Tasks).

Petty Officer
Jan 01, 2013
I find it annoying about how very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, long the quests are. I don't know how it could be solved, but it is annoying. I also find it a relief that you leave Cool Ranch for Port Regal, but it is bothersome when you come back and are unused to the scenery after so much Skull Island.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2011
I'm always glitching in CR

It's really annoying

Fearless Kaitlyn Everheart
Lvl 19 Swashbuckler

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
It's gonna be ok because I'm a a level 55 witchdoctor I can
help you on it.i will help you once I'mfinished marleybone and aqulia just tell me what realm you're on whAt time you get on and what area of cool ranch you are having trouble with .see you in the spiral

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
I found cool ranch the best level in game,

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
To be honest i found Cool Ranch sorta easy its just my opinion.

Ruthless Caleb Gunwale
Lev:43

Ensign
Nov 11, 2011
fun and easy

Fiery Kenneth Strong lv 28

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
Hey!

cool ranch isnt hard for me at all if any thing it's been easy since level 20 and im level 25 now

Ensign
Apr 25, 2012
madcatlives4ever on Nov 14, 2012 wrote:
The fights are very hard. you miss alot. I see them in red and they have maybe 12 hp left. I will hit them 3x a turn and maybe on turn 4 or more I can kill one guy off. This must be a dice game, you must hit 20 side dice 1 to hit and the rest to fail. The drop off rate is~ = to it. guys who are under your level by 6 should not be better. Its to the point of all guys on one guy until he is dead. Your going to miss all the time. Magic has a better time of wining this game. I fell very sorry for players not using any magic in fights.
dude i hit them at least 87% of the timethe only one that i thinks doeges and blocks to much are the bison

Ensign
Dec 17, 2008
I soloed CR as a Witchdoctor. All my companions were/are underlevel. It wasn't that hard. I don't remember ever being defeated. It was difficult in spots, but I didn't find it impossible. It was actually my favorite world.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2010
Hello!
For the people that find cool ranch stressful, here's what I suggest doing:

1.By the time you are in cool ranch, you should have quite a bit of gold, so go to a tavern, buy training tomes, and level your companions to around the same level so you have no really weak guys.

2. There are a lot of quests to get more companions like helping doctor Elmore Coop in cooper's roost to get nurse Quinn, if you help the sheriff of coopers roost and throw all the outlaws in jail then get the sheriff as companion. Next, if you go to jolly farm in the canyon by junction, you can do their quests and get one of the farmers.

3.Lastly, you can always find someone at the same quest as you and partner with them to complete a lot of quests in CR.

See you in the spiral!
-Privateer Jake

Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
Cool Ranch actually isn't THAT hard if you play your cards right. I've soloed almost everything in the whole entire game so far and, with the right companions, I find that I can't loose. The main problem for me are the quests when you have to fight (this is the quest I'm on now... ) 12 ships! (I think they are Wild Bunch ships.) That's just SO HARD for me! I always get boarded! But other than that, it's gone pretty smoothly for me so far.

Rachel - Level 33

Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
I only just started CR as lvl 18, and the first enemies I encounter (scorpions in arroyo grande) are 22! Seem fair? (my highest companion is only 19)

Ruthless Richard Radcliffe Lvl 18 Swashbuckler