Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

English Bill Farming

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Ahoy me fellow Pirates!

This is just my own little tale of woe. I have been farming for the complete outfit of English Bill, a.k.a. The Duck of Death; off and on for months. I went up two levels, got his guns twice and his hat but no coat nor boots. I know that farming takes time, that's why we all love it. Arg! But, I'm sad that the guns are no trade. I want to get two coats, one for my muskateer and one for my witchdoctor. I want my muskateer to wear the full outfit, but he's still in the newbie zones. So I've been farming on my privateer so that I could have lots of heals and not worry about dying. So she's stuck with the guns. Which is fine because when pirate101 will let us display our weapons like wizard does, she'll have a nice place to hang them.

That's all I wanted to say. Been farming for incomplete outfit, and wishing full outfit was tradeable. Oh and secretly wishing that ultra rare drops dropped more often but we all know that random is random.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Captain Rosethorn on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy me fellow Pirates!

This is just my own little tale of woe. I have been farming for the complete outfit of English Bill, a.k.a. The Duck of Death; off and on for months. I went up two levels, got his guns twice and his hat but no coat nor boots. I know that farming takes time, that's why we all love it. Arg! But, I'm sad that the guns are no trade. I want to get two coats, one for my muskateer and one for my witchdoctor. I want my muskateer to wear the full outfit, but he's still in the newbie zones. So I've been farming on my privateer so that I could have lots of heals and not worry about dying. So she's stuck with the guns. Which is fine because when pirate101 will let us display our weapons like wizard does, she'll have a nice place to hang them.

That's all I wanted to say. Been farming for incomplete outfit, and wishing full outfit was tradeable. Oh and secretly wishing that ultra rare drops dropped more often but we all know that random is random.
Oh, I so hear you on those ultra-rare drop rates! Good luck getting the complete outfit for your musketeer!

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Well after farming for a week solid from 10am to 4pm and even with the help of my friend I did not get the english bill coat. I did get the guns yet again, but I just have to sell them now as I can't trade them to my side character who couldn't even use them until he reaches lv20.

This random way of farming has taken all of the fun out of it. Because of how hard it is to get just this one item I'm never again going to farm for anything that I wanted before. I had even thought about going back to Bobby bones to grind for his weapon but now that's not happening. Honestly 1 in 100 chance per battle is just too high a number for these loots. I know that if that number was changed it would take the fun out of working for it, but seriously how much "fun" is it to grind for weeks on end maybe even months at this rate for one item? Does anyone enjoy that? Honestly?

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Just in case anyone was wondering, I finally got the coat yesterday. It's Sep. 24, and I actually officially started farming way back on Feb. 2 of this year. That date was saved in a different file but overall it has taken me roughly eight months of farming to get the darn thing. So yeah, ultra drops drop very fairly for all. I did get pets from him but wasn't all that pleased. Pets are fine but not the whole point of the grinding.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I farmed for a while, four guns, four hats, one jacket but no boots. I gave up on them and went for generic. But don't loose hope

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I spent a VERY long time farming on both English Bill fights-Boot Hill and Silver Stallion. Then I finally got the jacket. I hope I can get the rest of the set!!! I also got some accessories. EARRINGS!!!

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Boucan do it!
Current goal: Search for Burly's gold!