Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Toro no good!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Seriously, all he does is miss and die. I went to replay the story of the wedding in Mooshu. When we got the gift, he kept on missing and within a few rounds, he DIED. He is not as good as I thought.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
Seriously, all he does is miss and die. I went to replay the story of the wedding in Mooshu. When we got the gift, he kept on missing and within a few rounds, he DIED. He is not as good as I thought.
Give him riposte level 2 and give him relentless. Give him max dodge, to trigger that riposte. Train him in Max accuracy, rough, agility and what ever shielding you can fit in. He is one of those hard hitters the you will need to protect so he can do his job. Remember our mantra: Protect your squishies If you put Valor's Armor or Shield on him you will be stunned at what he can do. It's not that he is no good, you have a responsibility to train him so that he can excel for you.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 12, 2013 wrote:
Never thought I'd see the day someone dislikes El Toro...

Did you promote him..? Or are you keeping his level high? As magnificent as he is, if you don't train him and promote, then he'll fall behind for good reason...

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Bloody Belle on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Never thought I'd see the day someone dislikes El Toro...

Did you promote him..? Or are you keeping his level high? As magnificent as he is, if you don't train him and promote, then he'll fall behind for good reason...
I second that motion! lol, always wanted to say that ... Toro's not magnificent ............he's EPIC! I don't care you have to take care of him, he's just wow! ...
'' Um, Ashley? Your blushing'' says Bonnie, giggling.
'' I am?'' Ashley slaps her cheeks and feels her hand burning.'' Oh ... sorry got carried away. Please tell me he didn't hear a word''
The bull steps out from a corner. '' Every word, my young friend''
Ashley feels her face burning even more.
'' That's it ... I'm in a volcano'' she jokes, putting a cold glass to one cheek.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Star owl on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
I second that motion! lol, always wanted to say that ... Toro's not magnificent ............he's EPIC! I don't care you have to take care of him, he's just wow! ...
'' Um, Ashley? Your blushing'' says Bonnie, giggling.
'' I am?'' Ashley slaps her cheeks and feels her hand burning.'' Oh ... sorry got carried away. Please tell me he didn't hear a word''
The bull steps out from a corner. '' Every word, my young friend''
Ashley feels her face burning even more.
'' That's it ... I'm in a volcano'' she jokes, putting a cold glass to one cheek.
Lol Excellent writing I could totally hear El Torro's voice when I read that line.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Aw come on now Cherry, El Toro is good stuff, all you need is some tips on what to give him

Rough Lvl 4

Dodgy Lvl 4

Accurate Lvl 4

Agile Lvl 4

Riposte Lvl 2 Relentless Lvl 2

Riposte Lvl 2 Relentless First Strike

You make too many of these topics Sorry

Xavier

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Speed Switch on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:
Aw come on now Cherry, El Toro is good stuff, all you need is some tips on what to give him

Rough Lvl 4

Dodgy Lvl 4

Accurate Lvl 4

Agile Lvl 4

Xavier
Oh wait, he needs promoting anyway...

Ensign
Jun 12, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 13, 2013 wrote:
Give him riposte level 2 and give him relentless. Give him max dodge, to trigger that riposte. Train him in Max accuracy, rough, agility and what ever shielding you can fit in. He is one of those hard hitters the you will need to protect so he can do his job. Remember our mantra: Protect your squishies If you put Valor's Armor or Shield on him you will be stunned at what he can do. It's not that he is no good, you have a responsibility to train him so that he can excel for you.
Totally agree even when I haven't got him yet but I have a friend in the game that does and I have to say El toro rocks. From Fearless Maya Nelson
Also thanks for posting it helps me for when I get him also I am at level 20.
I am also Amber Iceblossom in wizard101 Storm level 32.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Speed Switch on Oct 15, 2013 wrote:

Rough Lvl 4

Dodgy Lvl 4

Accurate Lvl 4

Agile Lvl 4

Xavier
Now now, be nice. It is just her writing style. It is to get us to respond to it and how she gets her information. She is playing devil's advocate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jack Frost989 on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
Totally agree even when I haven't got him yet but I have a friend in the game that does and I have to say El toro rocks. From Fearless Maya Nelson
Also thanks for posting it helps me for when I get him also I am at level 20.
I am also Amber Iceblossom in wizard101 Storm level 32.
You are quite welcome. It is what we are here for, along with making each other giggle and blessing each other.
Welcome to the message board family Maya.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Never mind I remember when we were fighting Blue Oni and he kept on using criticals!

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
Now now, be nice. It is just her writing style. It is to get us to respond to it and how she gets her information. She is playing devil's advocate.
hmph *hand fold* if she need to right it like that then we aren't very good informers ..

but i guess, i didnt sort of notice that myself, but she thinks so too! lol

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
Oh wait, he needs promoting anyway...
you didnt promote him??? felony!! authorities!!lol

only i am allowed to not promote such companions, and its ony cuz i can evade the authorites!! *dodge dodge* lol

ok, promote him, and come back to us if he isnt awesome *bow*

Ensign
Jul 20, 2013
He is not good because he always tells all secrets i don't like him but i like his look his thread and mask

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Man his thread and mask looks... plain-looking. (I kind of liked his older look)

Community Leader
El Toro has always been one of my favorite characters. His attitude (character wise), and his abilities fight wise I have found are quite valuable. He is almost always my "Firstmate" as his accuracy/dodge spell is a great place to start helping the entire team.

I do a lot of video capture, and I have found that if you hit CTRL-G to get rid of interface stuff and get in a battle by accident that you cannot do anything but wait out the entire battle (or exit the game).
Thank goodness El Toro is my firstmate to be there to take out all the mobs when this happens!
His Riposte and Relentless clean up! ;) (obviously it depends on what level mobs your fighting as well)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
El Toro has always been one of my favorite characters. His attitude (character wise), and his abilities fight wise I have found are quite valuable. He is almost always my "Firstmate" as his accuracy/dodge spell is a great place to start helping the entire team.

I do a lot of video capture, and I have found that if you hit CTRL-G to get rid of interface stuff and get in a battle by accident that you cannot do anything but wait out the entire battle (or exit the game).
Thank goodness El Toro is my firstmate to be there to take out all the mobs when this happens!
His Riposte and Relentless clean up! ;) (obviously it depends on what level mobs your fighting as well)
Yes I have been aware of that CTRL-G battle hazard many times. I love to inch up on a bad guy to get a good screenshot with them and use CTRL-G to get a clean shot but boy if I accidentally right click as I move things around and it makes my character move and starts the battle them I am totally stuck and I have to flee and then need to fill back up my life and just pray that I don't get that occasional glitch that puts me back in to the battle with 1 life instead of at the nearest life fountain Yup there is no way out of that but to reset the game. I wonder if that is fixable? Hey KI exterminators, any hope

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I always give my companions as much accuracy and dodge as possible, as well as their specialty, (agility, strength, will). Giving them a lot of their specialty males it so they do more damage and
And criticals more often.

Hope this Helps! Lvl 65

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
A well trained El Toro is.... ALL good! He is simply magnifico! Just a tad pompous

Ensign
Dec 21, 2013
Ever since I've used El Toro, he was very useful. He does miss time to time, but for me, I didn't even give him accurate and he usually hits all the time. It could just be that you're getting really unlucky, but honestly I think it could be the enemies; the samurai block attacks a lot, but it could be because they have a high amount of dodge.

Level 41 Swashbuckler

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
What I can't wait to get him immature tell el Toro you said this
Me:El Toro!
El Toro:yes my freind
Me:Your captain thinks you are bad
El Toro: justice prevails! Theme music to El Toro

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
please close this thread down I am so ashamed...

El Toro: You do not believe in one of the best crewmembers ever?! Hogwash madam!

Ok everybody I changed my mind El Toro is the best crewmember ever!