Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

do you agree?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
i love cool ranch i believe it is awesome!!! why do ya'll complain that it is too long i say its not long enough who agrees?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
jesusfollower363 on Sep 30, 2014 wrote:
i love cool ranch i believe it is awesome!!! why do ya'll complain that it is too long i say its not long enough who agrees?
Yes!Cool Ranch is indeed long!I've also never found it to be exceptionally long,as it seemed to be fairly linear,much more linear than some of the other books(Skull Island-Monquista-Skull Island-Monquista-Dragonspyre-Valencia-Skull Island...).I also loved the scenery in general and the world itself,I am beyond impressed with the new Duck of Death Puppet Show.

Also,it kinda reminds me of my dad,and specifically of old memories from my childhood(also the reason Autumn is my favorite season).He was a big fan of western movies,and watched lots of them...add to that the fact that I really liked chickens when I was younger.

The mystical loophole-in-the-agreement thingy of Captain Blood's side really wins him a prize,and Miranda is a very fun dungeon,and I loved finishing off Captain Blood by having him lay his cards down(hehehe,was there a pun in there?).

There's also the added twist that I hope someday we will meet Death again(ye know,before our time actually comes).Maybe when stealing back Kane's pieces we'll survive a near death experience,and get some advice from Death?

Ooo,the El Toro questline was an enjoyable one,and the ending of that book...

And the ''break'' we got from Cool Ranch in Port Regal brought with it Napoleguin and Nicholas,a dangling thread of an owed favor,and most importantly:Lots of Pirates of Penzance puns and jokes and references.

I just wished we couldv'e met Ruth.

And on top of that,I wanna talk about the Bison and the Clawfoot...but I'm afraid I'm running out of time,so I'll talk about it some other time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I always have been a lover of Cool Ranch and all its nods and puns. I have a blast when I am in there and never got tired of the stories or the lovely scenery.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Not I. I still dislike Cool Ranch intensely, although the stagecoach has helped immensely. Some of the quests are fun enough, I suppose, but overall, it's just an incredibly boring slog through to get to Mooshu.

That said, El Toro is still one of my favorite companions. A small compensation for having to go through the purgatory that is Cool Ranch, but at least some compensation for my least favorite part of Pirate101 being seemingly interminable.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
...Meh.

It feels less long when I do it now, maybe it's because I learned a bit more, and use more training points with more care and strategy than I did my first time, but I still kinda get sick of the same battle theme over and over. (Which is why I love the Tumbleweed Tavern battle.)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Cool Ranch maybe big and it take several months to finish in my experience,but I like the place. It got a lot of differnt stories and it's a fun place to be after Aquila in my opinon. I really enjoy the quests and the storyline. I know it take a long time to finish this huge world,but with patience there is a reward at the end.

As for duration,it's long but worth it's worth the effort.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Cool Ranch in my opinion is a fun world to be in those Western times, I love the battle music and the story of the world. To be honest I found it hard on all classes except Swashbuckler at some points, the ship defeating was just horror, even though KI have changed it now I am done with Cool Ranch as I am past it with all my classes, oh I wish you could have changed that earlier KI. I am being honest here and I am sure other people have done most of Cool Ranch solo and that's what I did. It is possible to solo the whole game without friends. Anyways just keep going with this wonderful game, I enjoyed Wizard101 and I am sure there will be another 101 coming.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I love Cool Ranch the puns the nods to every western I know....Who else wore the Trail Boss' Stetson? There's nothing like brining in a herd!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey