Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Did anyone else notice?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
It's been a while since I last did this quest in Cool Ranch, but did anyone else notice anything peculiar? In Cooper Roost's Tavern you have to speak with the frog. (I think it's a frog. Not entirely sure.) Don't get me wrong or not he says young wizard. But then quickly catches himself. Anyone else thinks it's kinda weird he said that.

Pearl Roland lvl 26

Ensign
Nov 21, 2010
iUnknowned on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
It's been a while since I last did this quest in Cool Ranch, but did anyone else notice anything peculiar? In Cooper Roost's Tavern you have to speak with the frog. (I think it's a frog. Not entirely sure.) Don't get me wrong or not he says young wizard. But then quickly catches himself. Anyone else thinks it's kinda weird he said that.

Pearl Roland lvl 26
Its a dog, and I think he is the Wizard City librarian so he is used to saying "young wizard" lol

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
It the the dog, Desmond Argleston (I think that is the name). He seems to be related to the librarian in Wizard City, and that is why he calls you wizard. In fact, I think it may even be the same voice actor.

Ensign
Mar 26, 2012
It is the dog librarian Harold Argleston from the Wizard City library, that is why he said that.But a new question has started now, how did he say old habits?

Cass Underwood Lvl 25
Ryan Underwood Lvl 4

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Not really considering hes from wizard 101 originally thats why he says young wizard at first then catches himself and means pirate. I play both games and have max characters on both so thats how i know of him.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
Not the WC Librarian, since his name is Desmond Argleston, and the librarian is Harold Argleston, but they look pretty much alike.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 32

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
What I thought when I saw that is that he's the voice of the old wizard guy (I haven't tried Wiz101 yet). Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Ensign
Nov 12, 2012
haven't tried wiz101 yet kinda heard it was good but I just think the whole wizard thing is a tad overused (a.k.a. Harry potter :P)

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Dominooooo on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
Not the WC Librarian, since his name is Desmond Argleston, and the librarian is Harold Argleston, but they look pretty much alike.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 32
I saw and met with Desmond Argleston in Cool Ranch before, and begain to notice... an odd thing about Desmond. He called the captain "young Wizard" before quicky correcting himself by saying "Pirate". It's a wonder, with the last name "Argleston" in mind, and that they look alike, the one question comes to mind, is he somewhat of a brother or a cousin of Harold Argleston in Wizard101's Wizard City? A family relative of him, perhaps? Is it possible that he's used to, and, pretty much, still used to, encountering Wizards before Pirates, or anyone else? Is there another Argleston relative in the midst? It's somehow quite obvious that they're of the same breed and last name, but they, perhaps, went on to different worlds at one point or another, but I believe they may come across each other at their family reunion, wherever it is held. I say, the Spiral's full of strange mysteries and questions to be solved, one way or another.

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
Trimond297 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
I saw and met with Desmond Argleston in Cool Ranch before, and begain to notice... an odd thing about Desmond. He called the captain "young Wizard" before quicky correcting himself by saying "Pirate". It's a wonder, with the last name "Argleston" in mind, and that they look alike, the one question comes to mind, is he somewhat of a brother or a cousin of Harold Argleston in Wizard101's Wizard City? A family relative of him, perhaps? Is it possible that he's used to, and, pretty much, still used to, encountering Wizards before Pirates, or anyone else? Is there another Argleston relative in the midst? It's somehow quite obvious that they're of the same breed and last name, but they, perhaps, went on to different worlds at one point or another, but I believe they may come across each other at their family reunion, wherever it is held. I say, the Spiral's full of strange mysteries and questions to be solved, one way or another.
As one mentioned before he quickly catches himself and says, ".....sorry old habits....." it's kinda strange and unlikely. However, the developers mentioned before, Pirate101 takes place long before Wizard101. Desmond Argleston distant relative of Harold? If so, how come Harold hasn't mention anything to Merle Ambrose about his distant relative meeting pirates? (Unlikable due to Wizard101 coming out first) still it's a mystery and we may not no anything or it may never be solved.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
The dog's probably related to Harold Argelston. This is the first reference to Wizard 101 in the game, it's awsome because I love Wizard 101. I wonder if there are any more references to it in the game.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2008
Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Fluffy Puppy on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Its a dog, and I think he is the Wizard City librarian so he is used to saying "young wizard" lol
I don't think it's the same dog, because in Wizard City, his name is Harold Argleston, while in Cool Ranch, his name is Desmond Argleston.

Ensign
Sep 06, 2011
iUnknowned on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:

Pearl Roland lvl 26
It's a dog

and he's in Wizard101

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
There is another Argleston, Norbert Argleston, in Aquila. He is in the Lyceum on Nova Aquila. So far no quest from him....

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
iUnknowned on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
As one mentioned before he quickly catches himself and says, ".....sorry old habits....." it's kinda strange and unlikely. However, the developers mentioned before, Pirate101 takes place long before Wizard101. Desmond Argleston distant relative of Harold? If so, how come Harold hasn't mention anything to Merle Ambrose about his distant relative meeting pirates? (Unlikable due to Wizard101 coming out first) still it's a mystery and we may not no anything or it may never be solved.
In Wizard, we were hot on the trail of Malistaire, and in Pirate Mooshu there was a mention of some stuff that related to the emperor. Given the troubles in both Jade palace (Wizard Mooshu) and Hammamitsu (Pirate Mooshu), which are related, I think our pirates are questing around the same time as the wizards. These areas are far apart and the news might be slow getting to an outer province like Hammamitsu. I didn't see what you saw from the developers, you may be right or they may have changed their minds. In trying to avoid spoilers, I'll just say that something Malistaire did sounds like it caused problems in our pirate part of Mooshu.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2009
Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Dracorro on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
Not really considering hes from wizard 101 originally thats why he says young wizard at first then catches himself and means pirate. I play both games and have max characters on both so thats how i know of him.
its Desmond Argleston in pirate101 and Harold Argelston in wizard101 they both are brothers hope this helped

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
i'm wondering how he got to cool ranch in the first place, which makes me think wizard city will be a world

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Fluffy Puppy on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Correct:

He is the Dog Librarian from Wizard City. This is a very clever and fun integration of Wizard101.