Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cool Ranch - Why must it be a world?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
I just hate Cool Ranch! It's so long and I've been dieting for El Toro and Mustang Sally!! It's too long I can't take it!

Wolf Zipman Lvl 32

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ravensrule191 on Nov 25, 2013 wrote:
I just hate Cool Ranch! It's so long and I've been dieting for El Toro and Mustang Sally!! It's too long I can't take it!

Wolf Zipman Lvl 32
Any good reward is worth the work involved to get it. Just enjoy the process a bit instead of focusing on what you want at the end. There is a lot of fun stuff in Cool Ranch. Enjoy the adventure along with the treasures.

Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
You're about to be done, and then you'll enjoy then wonders of MooShu... *shudders*

If anything, I like Cool Ranch better than MooShu. MooShu's waaay too hard.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2013
I think CR is long for a reason. There are two parts, but at least you get El Toro and one of the Magnificent Seven (depending on which class you chose), so I think it was worth it. I also really like the music and how the clothes look. They both have a western look to them; as the quest that gets you into CR is "Go West, Young Pirate!", and I think that's special. It's also the only world that represents western areas and deserts. I also like the companions from Cool Ranch. I personally like them more than the companions from MooShu! The companions I like best are:
Weasel Gambler earned from side quest "Stung"
El Toro earned from storyline "Blood's Own Hand"
etc.
I'm sure the long wait for El Toro and Mustang Sally is unbearable, but trust me, it's worth it!

LvL 47 swashbuckler

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
It's taken me awkile but I know lefty was worth it
People say he is bad but he has high health and takes out an enemy alot with burst fire and overarching when I promote him he gets double tap or burst fire 2 considering he always burst fires or gets an enemy down cool ranch is a awesome world

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Friendly Isaac Ing... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I think CR is long for a reason. There are two parts, but at least you get El Toro and one of the Magnificent Seven (depending on which class you chose), so I think it was worth it. I also really like the music and how the clothes look. They both have a western look to them; as the quest that gets you into CR is "Go West, Young Pirate!", and I think that's special. It's also the only world that represents western areas and deserts. I also like the companions from Cool Ranch. I personally like them more than the companions from MooShu! The companions I like best are:
Weasel Gambler earned from side quest "Stung"
El Toro earned from storyline "Blood's Own Hand"
etc.
I'm sure the long wait for El Toro and Mustang Sally is unbearable, but trust me, it's worth it!

LvL 47 swashbuckler
Hello Isaac. I definitely agree with you on this one. Although Cool Ranch is long and at times trying, it is very rewarding as far as companions go. El Toro will, for most pirates, play a vital role to success in the Spiral. If trained properly he is a bona fide damage dealing machine.

I particularly enjoyed Cool Ranch because of all the references to Western Hollywood pop culture and to historical figures of this time period. There were a lot of charismatic characters throughout CR and I think this world had some of the funniest dialogues, from movies and history, that the game has to offer. In my opinion it just gets a bad rap because of how long it takes to complete and because it seems to be the first time your pirate is truly tested. That's the ruggedness of the Wild West though.

Good luck and nice to meet a fellow fan of the wild frontier. Welcome to the boards by the way and congratulations on receiving your first yar.

Two-Faced Valkoor Ohlen, Lvl 65

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
I like Cool Ranch personally and don't mind a challenger but honestly doing all side quests is a bit of a grind. I think that so far I've had to take down around 50 buffaloons and about 300 ships and there are two skyways I haven't even visited.

For a game that is supposed to be geared towards a younger audience, having to beat 12 of the same ships for just one side quest then getting 4 more quests that have to do those ships again seems to be anti-ADD intuitive. There's only so many Banditoad ships I can fight before I get bored. I'd recommend dropping the 12s down to 8s and the 8s down to 5s. For such a large world there's an awful lot of forced repetition. I welcome the odd quest here that let's me actually stop seeing scorpions and toads.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Antonio Shadowbrea... on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
I like Cool Ranch personally and don't mind a challenger but honestly doing all side quests is a bit of a grind. I think that so far I've had to take down around 50 buffaloons and about 300 ships and there are two skyways I haven't even visited.

For a game that is supposed to be geared towards a younger audience, having to beat 12 of the same ships for just one side quest then getting 4 more quests that have to do those ships again seems to be anti-ADD intuitive. There's only so many Banditoad ships I can fight before I get bored. I'd recommend dropping the 12s down to 8s and the 8s down to 5s. For such a large world there's an awful lot of forced repetition. I welcome the odd quest here that let's me actually stop seeing scorpions and toads.
Yes I'm getting bored and the armarda so far has died out last time I saw him was on boot hill with duck of death really 12 darkmoor ships I know that was boring as if it's a side quest I'd only do it for a companion

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
You have to fight so many ships and buffaloons and hornets and bloodclaws that I totally forgot about the Armada until Duck of Death. I would level up and forget who the Commodore or Captain Avery were. I'm saying it's looooooong. (But went quicker after I decided not to board any more ships and just destroy them).

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
galactic mindswipe trying fighting armada ships in marleybone talk about hard. I die after each and every fight and i need to defeat six armada ships for a quest but i only defeated two so far because i keep dieing

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Kronosroses on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
galactic mindswipe trying fighting armada ships in marleybone talk about hard. I die after each and every fight and i need to defeat six armada ships for a quest but i only defeated two so far because i keep dieing
Ehh I have to defeat ten imperial monquistador warships I managed to board and beat one because they always take me out I have the best boat armor everything else available but it is still hard and use your charm when you take one out of boarding then it's 5 against 3 and if you use all your summons I think you can get 3 at your lvl its more I hope this helps

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kronosroses on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
That is why we keep telling players to work on their nautical xp and get it built up so they can buy higher ships when they level that can actually be equipped. Yea you can buy that higher ship but it us useless without the gear. For the gear you must have your nautical xp. There is no getting around it for long. That is, unless you plan on riding on someone else's coattails for the rest of the game.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
That is why we keep telling players to work on their nautical xp and get it built up so they can buy higher ships when they level that can actually be equipped. Yea you can buy that higher ship but it us useless without the gear. For the gear you must have your nautical xp. There is no getting around it for long. That is, unless you plan on riding on someone else's coattails for the rest of the game.
Well that's the problem with me I need a hand its pretty hard I think I'll just BOARD EM!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
Well that's the problem with me I need a hand its pretty hard I think I'll just BOARD EM!
That is an option. If you get tired of that then going back and building your nautical so you can get a ship that will easily sink them will be much more fun and a whole lot faster.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Yes I eventually did it defeated the brass monkey and unlocked port regal skyway