Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can you be lvl 16 in Cool Ranch?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 05, 2010
I dont know why, but I'm halfway through Cool Ranch and i'm only lvl 16. Its kind of weird. I feel like some of the missions aren't giving me enough experience. So, I really dont know what to do.

-Beau (Lvl 16 Witchdoctor)

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
If you only do the main story quests you actually get to CR around level 15. Keep looking around for quests throughout CR, you will find them.

Ensign
May 29, 2011
Being 15 or 16 at the START of CR is aweomely fine. In fact, when I entered CR, I was level 15, but the enemies were doo hard I was thinking, "All right ben, put yourself together and do sides until one more level, you will get awesome new attacks and stuff" and I did, got to 16 and did the first quest in CR. However, that fact that you have beatean the duck of death and are level 16 is a problem. Actually, its not much as a problem as a lie. I Never did any sides up until level 15, when I began cool ranch. You said you are level 16 HALFWAY through CR, meaning you have beaten Duck of Death. This is either a lie, or a misunderstanding on either of our parts, since many people in CR know that this is highly unlikely. I don't know what to say if this is really the case though, but if it is, then do some sides! Its all A OK if you have just started it and are this level, but really difficult if your halfway through at this level. I hope I helped :)

-Bloody Benjamin Level 32 Swash

Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
Actually, there 're many quests in cool ranch, like "Wagon waiting" and there is a tomahawk in the Arroyo Grande.
So try getting companions.

Community Leader
Its been my observation that most pirates will range from level 15-17 1/2 when they arrive in Cool Ranch depending on how many sidequests were pursued up to that point.

Levels do move a bit slowly at first in Cool Ranch, it tends to have longer quest lines, with big rewards at the end of a several step quest line (not at each step). Levels should start rising as you get further through.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
I was lvl 14 at the start of Cool Ranch, and I was fine. If you're halfway through Cool Ranch at lvl 16, I don't know how you're doing it, I'm lvl 24 now and I can barely do it, it's so hard. My advice: get side quests. Lots of them.
(from lvl 24 )

Ensign
May 30, 2009
i spent a whole lot of time doing side quests, and i was level 18 when i started cool ranch. Now I am level 21, and less than a quarter done through cool ranch. My suggestion to level up quicker is to look for more side quests and do them? Is your quest log long? Also, many taverns host loads of side quests. I also don't understand how this is possible, because there are 2 quests that give around 2000 xp each, enough to level up my 18 level self twice, and you said that you're half way through so you had to have completed these quests.
Best wishes to level up though

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
I'm level 30 in Cool Ranch and I'm still not done with the cogburn quests and dixie chicks. I've yet to do the SI portion with the dogs to open up haunted I think. My nautical level is around 26 as well since there were a ton of ship gather/destroy quests. They drop great loot as well and are a good source of income if you can kill them in two or three cycles solo or better. I do find it odd cogburn gave me one quest for like 1200 gold then gives another afterwards for 750. They're being really stingy on the gold since you can't keep up with all the levels and companions. Seriously quest gold and dropped gold needs to be tripled. The exchange rate for gold for crowns is also disturbing. Korean grinders aren't this bad.

I'd also like to point out that sky snakes/buffaloons/stingtails are overpowered and are harder than boss fights of the same level and even higher.

Ensign
May 30, 2009
Baconnaise on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
I'm level 30 in Cool Ranch and I'm still not done with the cogburn quests and dixie chicks. I've yet to do the SI portion with the dogs to open up haunted I think. My nautical level is around 26 as well since there were a ton of ship gather/destroy quests. They drop great loot as well and are a good source of income if you can kill them in two or three cycles solo or better. I do find it odd cogburn gave me one quest for like 1200 gold then gives another afterwards for 750. They're being really stingy on the gold since you can't keep up with all the levels and companions. Seriously quest gold and dropped gold needs to be tripled. The exchange rate for gold for crowns is also disturbing. Korean grinders aren't this bad.

I'd also like to point out that sky snakes/buffaloons/stingtails are overpowered and are harder than boss fights of the same level and even higher.
I have to disagree on the last part, I haven't battled with sky snakes or stingtails, but buffaloons on the Coopter Roost (is that spelled right?) skyway aren't that strong. Do you mean other skyways with buffaloons as I know you're higher leveled than me

Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
I was a level 17 Witchdoctor when I got to cool ranch XD

Ensign
Dec 21, 2008
im a level 16 im in cool ranch right now it experiecnece (mind my spelling) is tough

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
bjblankenship123 on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
I dont know why, but I'm halfway through Cool Ranch and i'm only lvl 16. Its kind of weird. I feel like some of the missions aren't giving me enough experience. So, I really dont know what to do.

Doing side quests may help you, I was also a Witchdoctor at lvl 16 and i was about half way in cool ranch. I noticed that so i did my side quests and got something like lvl 20 which was great

Stormy Wolf Gordon

P.S. for more help see me in cooper's roost for help in Avery realm

Ensign
Jul 13, 2010
What I do is collect side-quests in a world, Finish it, then before going to the next world complete the Side-quests to level up. I was level 17 when I got to Cool Ranch, and I'm just past the White Stallion part of Cool Ranch and at Level 23, and finding it pretty easy. Although my experience probably varies from others due to classes, And may I correct myself by saying I am a Swashbuckler at Level 23.

- Brave Molly Quinn, Swashbuckler

Ensign
Apr 09, 2013
wait, you are halfway in cool ranch and are level 16? how do you do it? i am level 18 and i am pacing in circles wondering how many side quests i must have skipped for cool ranch to be so hard. i cannot even complete one side quest there. should i continue on the main quest? should i farm to level 20? should i get help? (i do have friends who are willing to help me, however my friends seem to not have as much trouble as me traversing cool ranch.) please help in any way you can!

- Musketeer in Need! -
lvl.-18.
like, 570

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
go back in skull island and do quests and badges!

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
bjblankenship123 on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:

I was actually a level 16 as well and half way done with part 1 of cool ranch. It's pefectly normal if you haven't done any side quests. Most people level up more by doing side quests, so if you want to level up.. just do some side quests!

~Noble Mistydove, level 60 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 17, 2010
Dude, it's fine
I started cool ranch at 16, then again I am a swashbuckler so it's a tad eaiser. But if things get hard once you get nurse quinn she will fight like nobody's business and be your best friend

Her victory call is annoying though

Good luck,

Shadowblizzards