Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

bugs

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 09, 2012
I am having a lot of issues with this area. Sometimes I am having to redo the same quests several times for the next action to be toggled. I am also finding myself appear in the sky, miles above an island.
A few time I have found my character stuck on an angle. I would be walking around and fighting on a 45deg angle, part of me in the ground. I am also having issues with the battle interface. Many times, a companion starts a fight with me, but he is lies dead on the ground until it is the companions turn to move..

Ensign
Jun 09, 2010
i have done boot hill like 5 times and cant get tonka to show up this is not cool how do i get him to show up

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I have had the 45% problem gut so far only on ships. What I have had to do is either go to character selection and re-select my character (works sometimes) or exit the game entirely and restart it. Of course, this is done after the fight and in a safe area to save (ie on land or in a Windlane). I agree it's a work-around but for me, it does work and doesn't take too much time.

Ensign
Jan 29, 2012
Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
One goal in the Quest: Treasure of the Sierra Padre is to explore the Banditoad Trail. Its quest arrow takes me to a place in the middle of the valley at the beginning of the trail where there is nothing in particular except scorpions. when doing that quest, the map shows a big "x" at a spot further up the valley on the left, but there's nothing accessible there.

I don't know what to do now. It's a Companion promotion quest for my Birgus Latro.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Faithful Malik Bristol

Administrator
Morgrim Owlshield on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:
One goal in the Quest: Treasure of the Sierra Padre is to explore the Banditoad Trail. Its quest arrow takes me to a place in the middle of the valley at the beginning of the trail where there is nothing in particular except scorpions. when doing that quest, the map shows a big "x" at a spot further up the valley on the left, but there's nothing accessible there.

I don't know what to do now. It's a Companion promotion quest for my Birgus Latro.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Faithful Malik Bristol
I believe the next goal is explore a cave in Banditoad Trail, but it sounds like your quest arrow is pointing you to the wrong spot.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Apr 20, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
I believe the next goal is explore a cave in Banditoad Trail, but it sounds like your quest arrow is pointing you to the wrong spot.
I learned what the bug is. It's more general and happens a lot in this game. Every now and then the pop-up dialogue boxes, e.g. "Press X to .....", at the bottom center of the screen stops popping up. I have found that I can reset the game sometimes by simply exiting to select a different player (even though I have only one), and then re-entering the game by clicking on "PLAY".
In this case, the quest arrow took me to an elevator, but no dialogue box popped up to say "Press X for elevator", so I presumed it simply looked like a lift but did nothing.

After resetting the game, I got the pop up dialogue and ascended to continue the game.
This happened occasionally in Wizard 101 but is happening much more often in Pirate 101.

Grimely

Ensign
Jan 25, 2010
I have a bug issue in the Haunted Skyways in Fort McMurry.

Quest name : Band of the Hande

I need to talk a Private Henson quest arrow points to an empty space. No Private, can't finish quest.
Tried going to 5 other realms/worlds, what ever, and arrow still points to an empty space.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2009
I have had ship fights where I couldn't heal or fire. I am right by the guy. i am hoping they will board me for the fight and they won't and 3 ships hitting me, its over. I have had this more then once.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
I am doing the quest "Mighty Medicine".
It's where I have to gather mandrake root from Black Storm Raiders,
in Arroyo Grande.

In my third fight, after I defeated the last of the Black Storm Raiders,
I did not receive any chests.
But it did something very odd.

I found it moved me away from the Black Storm Raiders
The closest ones were eighty two clicks away.
And, those were not even the ones I was fighting.

I found myself among The Wild Bunch and Scorpions.

Very strange.
Has this happened to anybody else?

Ensign
Jan 03, 2012
Trystal on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
I have a bug issue in the Haunted Skyways in Fort McMurry.

Quest name : Band of the Hande

I need to talk a Private Henson quest arrow points to an empty space. No Private, can't finish quest.
Tried going to 5 other realms/worlds, what ever, and arrow still points to an empty space.
I am having this problem also.
Has anyone found a way to access Private Henson?

Ensign
Nov 17, 2009
is it me or is anyone else running into alot of bug issue in big sky in cool ranch

Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
burundi3 on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
I am having this problem also.
Has anyone found a way to access Private Henson?
This issue is bugging me also. I have a quest I cannot complete and I hate having open quest. If anyone finds a way to make this quest work please post ASAP. Thanks and Happy sailing my fellow pirates!!!

Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
ozz67 on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
i have done boot hill like 5 times and cant get tonka to show up this is not cool how do i get him to show up
Brother Owl won't show up. How can I fix this?