Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Bringing Home The Beads" Thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I enjoyed how the instance quest in Hidden Valley Ranch was made easier after the Cool Ranch improvements, but now, after going through it again, I feel it's storyline needs to be a bit more coherent, like adding some more companion dialogue & some more plot elements. Please listen.

Slow Jake is the boss of that instance & he did had dialogue speech, though, it should be played for after getting to his getaway boat. Also, the dialogue said after reaching a part of the former chamber, "The Duck's gonna pay a pretty penny for these Bison Beads. You want that money, boys? Earn it by thrashin' this confounded Pirate!". That line would imply to me that he was going to sell the Bison Charms to the Duck of Death(A.K.A, English Bill), or the Duck with No Name. My thoughts on that were merely English Bill. The Red Sash Gang did steal their Beads & lied to the Bison & pinned the blame on Merriweather Clark so they could get quick money. Regardless, that line should be reinstated back & played for after boarding Jake's getaway ship & should be replayed every time we do that, for I would think that he would betray Monterey Jack & sell the beads for himself.

I do appreciate the removal of the Yumrunner Cave in that instance, but I do have a thought on that now.

The trapdoor that formerly led to the Yumrunner Cave chamber in the Old Bunkhouse, it has no use of it now. I have a thought on how it can be used again, & no, it's not to re-implement that former chamber. I suggest of you to add in a new chamber with a secret boss placed there. It would be neat to use that trapdoor once more & have it lead to a secret boss in the Old Bunkhouse's basement instead of a series of caves. I would like to see that made.

Old Scracth's dialogue lines in that instance, "I an' I can feel them Sacred Charms, Captain my Captain. They be somewhere in this place.", "Jake took them Charms! Don't let him get away!", & "Run to the boat! We got to get them Charms!", they were coherent about sensing the mojo of the Bison Charms in the storyline, though one of them about leading to the trapdoor was tossed out, for I think it was kind of an unnecessary barrier in the storyline, as One-Eyed Jack spoke before, like in the "Busting Bronco" quest. Regardless, his lines that I mentioned should be re-instated in that instance quest. If some of those lines that I spoke of are already in, that's OK. I just needed to say what's on my mind.

Those are my thoughts on that instance quest & how it can be improved. Please think of this.

Thanks once again for listening!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oh! There is one more thought I forgot to say. After defeating Slow Jake & leaving his escape ship, it should be blown up & sunk, to ensure their secret escape plans are not a success.