Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Level for Cool Ranch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
I just started cool ranch and I level 16.Am I good enough. 17 now I 17 it's not hard so far but why people say it is

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I got there I at lvl 17.
Jacob Freeman lvl 19

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2009
I got in at 17, but I started doing battling at 18 because of the difficulty.

Community Leader
oZurGs101 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
I just started cool ranch and I level 16.Am I good enough. 17 now I 17 it's not hard so far but why people say it is
I think the reason people just starting in Cool Ranch complain about the difficulty is that some of the side quests you receive right away, really can't be completed with any efficiency until you are around level 20 or so. Specifically, there was a quest to kill Buffaloons that were lvl 22. That's not really possible at lvl 17, or at least not very easy!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
May 10, 2010
If you do all your side quests, you should be level 17 or 18 by the time you reach cool ranch and get to Cooper's Roost. You are the perfect level for that area. Now, if you skip all the side quests, you might be only level 14, maybe level 15 and you will have a bit more of a difficult time there.

The side quests can be very difficult, if you don't level up first or play with friends. Also, make sure your companions are trained up and have good Epic Talents that help in a battle. Relentless, Burst Fire, Vengeance, First Strike, and Riposte are some of the best talents, but there are strategic epic talents like Flanking and CrossFire, but these are a bit harder to get use to.

Try and farm ships with friends and raise your nautical level, so you can equip the best ship equipment and battle horns.

Just a few suggestions from Darth

Ensign
May 05, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Nov 21, 2012 wrote:
I think the reason people just starting in Cool Ranch complain about the difficulty is that some of the side quests you receive right away, really can't be completed with any efficiency until you are around level 20 or so. Specifically, there was a quest to kill Buffaloons that were lvl 22. That's not really possible at lvl 17, or at least not very easy!
True, however I found if you complete all quests (main story & sides) in all areas before you go to Cool Ranch, you should be hitting the Big Sky at around Level 20 anyway.

This was the path I followed and I started Valencia near the end of Level 17. After completing all quests in Valencia I struck the Big Sky somewhere around Level 20-21.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2009
I started at 16 and as long ad you don't get pulled by anything and stay to main quests you should be fine