Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you guys level?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 06, 2010
I was wondering what you people level to make your pets give you all of these cards and what not. I've got pets that give a million things but i manage to only get the bad skills. Is there something you should level first?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
With a first generation, what you receive is a random selection of what your pet comes with.

The pets you see with lots of "Grant X" talents and powers are not first generation, but have been morphed to obtain those talents.

When pets morph, the offspring receives five talents and five powers from each parent. It is not completely random, though, as the transfer is weighted so that (1) the egg is more likely to receive active talents and powers than inactive ones and (2) the more rare talents and powers are more likely to transfer than the more common ones.

Which means if you keep morphing eggs and then morphing their better offspring long enough you will create a stronger pet. To introduce a desired talent or power into the bloodline (embryo line?) you will need to secure a pet with what you want or find someone in the morphing tent to help you.

The quickest way to build strong pets is to morph the best pet you have with a really strong pet that has talents and powers you want some other pirate has already worked up. Go to the morphing tent and check out the pets people have, and ask nicely. Please remember that pirates with super strong pets are probably being asked for morphs very frequently, so be polite and don't take it personally if someone says no. In general I find that our fellow pirates tend to be very generous about agreeing to morphs.

Even morphing with strong pets, it will take you multiple attempts to achieve your dream pet. Be patient!

-Indigo