Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valencia part 2 Hybrid Hints?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
So, like many of you, I've managed to acquire quite a few of the new pets introduced with the Valencia part 2 update. And, upon reading that each new pet has at least one new hybrid associated with them, I've begun morphing! Unfortunately, I, like most of you reading this, really have no idea where to start. I'm making this post in hopes that Decius might drop a hint or two for breeding these new hybrids, as well as providing a space where fellow pirates can share any information on these new hybrids that we've yet to discover! Should you be reading this, Decius, this my formal plea for help on breeding these new hybrids. With that said, please feel free to use this thread as a collective database for anything that might be useful on the hunt for these new hybrids!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
JDpwner on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
So, like many of you, I've managed to acquire quite a few of the new pets introduced with the Valencia part 2 update. And, upon reading that each new pet has at least one new hybrid associated with them, I've begun morphing! Unfortunately, I, like most of you reading this, really have no idea where to start. I'm making this post in hopes that Decius might drop a hint or two for breeding these new hybrids, as well as providing a space where fellow pirates can share any information on these new hybrids that we've yet to discover! Should you be reading this, Decius, this my formal plea for help on breeding these new hybrids. With that said, please feel free to use this thread as a collective database for anything that might be useful on the hunt for these new hybrids!
I am going to keep my beak shut about any more hybrid hints for a little while. But this is a great spot for you and your fellow hunters to plan your hybrid attempts! I will be watching :)

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Usually it's helpful to think about the name of pets, and what would seem logical when looking for hybrids. Many hybrids are played off puns, so try different combinations. Also, remember that some hybrids can be a bit stubborn, so don't give up hope. A common rule among us hybrid hunters is to try to morph a combination 10 times that seems logical. If nothing happens, move on to the next combination. Hope this gave you some pointers, and good luck finding those hybrids!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
There were a few hints on the last KI Live, and one of then was a bluish Furry Egg. My guess is the Silver Buffaloon and Inky Octopus to create some sort of ocean buffaloon.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
I think we should try morphing some of the new pets with some of the older pet drops that haven't made any hybrids yet, like the dinolizard or quackosaurus. They are due for one...

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
There were a few hints on the last KI Live, and one of then was a bluish Furry Egg. My guess is the Silver Buffaloon and Inky Octopus to create some sort of ocean buffaloon.
Perhaps the Royal Ibis is involved? The bluish furry egg reminds me of the feathered egg that results in the Ibis. Perhaps Ibis and Buffaloon?

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
ElijahWaterVault on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Usually it's helpful to think about the name of pets, and what would seem logical when looking for hybrids. Many hybrids are played off puns, so try different combinations. Also, remember that some hybrids can be a bit stubborn, so don't give up hope. A common rule among us hybrid hunters is to try to morph a combination 10 times that seems logical. If nothing happens, move on to the next combination. Hope this gave you some pointers, and good luck finding those hybrids!
Of the pets I have, the first thing to come to mind that sort of makes sense is Ebon Specter + Royal Ibis = Ebon Ibis? I could see it...? Perhaps the Ibis has quite a few reskins? I'd love to get together with someone and hatch my Ibis with possible hybrid partners. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
JDpwner on Jul 9, 2016 wrote:
Of the pets I have, the first thing to come to mind that sort of makes sense is Ebon Specter + Royal Ibis = Ebon Ibis? I could see it...? Perhaps the Ibis has quite a few reskins? I'd love to get together with someone and hatch my Ibis with possible hybrid partners. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
I'd love to morph with you! I have the ebon, just post a date, time, and location and I'll reply if I can make it. I'm completely willing to try any ideas you have in mind. I do agree that the Ibis is due to make a hybrid combination. If you think of anything else, just let me know!

-James Underwood

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
I am going to keep my beak shut about any more hybrid hints for a little while. But this is a great spot for you and your fellow hunters to plan your hybrid attempts! I will be watching :)
Ok, as you say...
(grumble grumble)

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
Quick update! I'm nearly certain that the Ebon Specter and Royal Ibis don't make a hybrid. I've done roughly 10 or 11 hatches and so far, nothing but the 2 parents. I'm not quite sure what to go for next. I'm probably going to try Silver Buffaloon and Royal Ibis now in response to the comment about the blue, furry egg. Will keep you guys updated!

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
Hello once again pirates! I'm slowly training up my silver Buffaloon that one of my companions no doubt had to head into the Cool Ranch skyways to get, but I'd love to hear other suggestions if you have any? Perhaps besides the Ibis? I've farmed quite a bit of gold, so sometime after I post this, probably this evening, I'm going to be hatching the Ibis with the Buffaloon! Fingers crossed! Would love to hear of anyone else's trials thus far as well. Any hatch attempts recorded on this board would be incredibly helpful to the Hybrid Hunt! So, please don't be afraid to post results. With that, I bid you ado once more. Happy hunting!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I gave a hint at the last KI Live.. has anyone found it yet?

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
I gave a hint at the last KI Live.. has anyone found it yet?
I have not, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. One is old, one is new. One is orange, one is blue. Thinking about the new blue pets, the ones I thought stood out were the Ibis and the Blue Lion Fish. Of course, this doesn't mean that the blue one is the new one. The orange part that could be new is the Everest Yeti. I'm just going to assume that one of these is the new one. However, for the old pet, there is a lot of possibilities. The Armadillo Verde could be considered orange, Not so Great White Shark is blue, etc. I will keep searching the wiki, and see if I can come up with anything. Thanks for the hint on KI Live!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Okay, here's my guess (well one of them), based upon this hint from Decius.

"One is old, one is new. One is orange, one is blue."

To me, the Everest Yeti fits the "One is orange..." part and the "...one is new" part. It is orange --both the pet and the egg-- and it is a new drop from Kane.
Now for the "One is old..." and "...one is blue" part, I'm going to offer up the Ram-a-Lam because it comes from a blue egg and it's an older pet. A hybrid from the two would actually make perfect sense, but I'm not sure the KI Critter Creators would be tricky enough to craft in this manner.

Now this could be quite a stretch but I think that the Everest Yeti morphed with the Ram-a-Lam could produce either a Mountain Tahr, a Himalayan Tahr, a Mountain Goat or Himalayan Goat (or perhaps even Mountain Ram/Himalayan Ram). The horns on the Everest Yeti are more fitting of a Tahr/Goat, so the possible hybrid from the Yeti and the Ram could have horns like the Yeti...only a bit longer.

Or possibly it could be the Everest Yeti (orange/new) combined with something like the Ice Scarab (blue/old) to produce an Abominable Snowman. And I still would love to see the Everest Yeti combine with the Imperial Lion to produce a Mountain Lion. I think creative hybrids like that would be great additions to hybrid hunting/discovering process.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 26, 2016 wrote:
Okay, here's my guess (well one of them), based upon this hint from Decius.

"One is old, one is new. One is orange, one is blue."

To me, the Everest Yeti fits the "One is orange..." part and the "...one is new" part. It is orange --both the pet and the egg-- and it is a new drop from Kane.
Now for the "One is old..." and "...one is blue" part, I'm going to offer up the Ram-a-Lam because it comes from a blue egg and it's an older pet. A hybrid from the two would actually make perfect sense, but I'm not sure the KI Critter Creators would be tricky enough to craft in this manner.

Now this could be quite a stretch but I think that the Everest Yeti morphed with the Ram-a-Lam could produce either a Mountain Tahr, a Himalayan Tahr, a Mountain Goat or Himalayan Goat (or perhaps even Mountain Ram/Himalayan Ram). The horns on the Everest Yeti are more fitting of a Tahr/Goat, so the possible hybrid from the Yeti and the Ram could have horns like the Yeti...only a bit longer.

Or possibly it could be the Everest Yeti (orange/new) combined with something like the Ice Scarab (blue/old) to produce an Abominable Snowman. And I still would love to see the Everest Yeti combine with the Imperial Lion to produce a Mountain Lion. I think creative hybrids like that would be great additions to hybrid hunting/discovering process.
Now if the blue is new, then we'd have to look at the new blue pets added since the most recent update. The ones that I have seen that fit the blue and new description are the Royal Ibis, Blue Lionfish and Valencian Delicacy...but hunch leads me to believe that if blue/new was the right "pairing", the Ibis is the one the hint is about.

(But perhaps there's a Blue Lionfish/Lionfish combo out there. That would surely fit both the blue/new and orange/old hint pairings.)

So that would leave orange fitting with old. There's quite a few pets that would fit that "description", including the following; Fire Lizard, Habanero Shark, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Sabretoothed Bunny, Sunshine Tarantula, Ginger Cat Cub (not that old, though) and possibly these orange-ish pets too-- Fire Toad and Horned Toad. I'd lean towards the Fire Lizard, Clown Fish, Lion Fish and Sabretoothed Bunny.

But there is one thing that I read about the Ibis, and that is- it is found within the scientific name for Cattle Egret, which was mistakenly identified as the Sacred Ibis (at least wikipedia says so). So possibly one of the Buffaloons (for the cattle part) could combine with the Royal Ibis to either create the Cattle Egret, Sacred Ibis or even a Cattle Ibis?. If that's the case then that pairing doesn't fit the clue Decius gave, but it could be a new hybrid nonetheless. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Cattle Egret and/or Sacred Ibis are hybrids awaiting discovery. If so, then that would leave Decius' hint still belonging to another undiscovered hybrid. Which is pretty exciting!

And if I happen to be on to something, and you see this Decius...please don't just yar the post-- copy and post the exact part that you deem yar worthy. Hey, can't blame a guy for trying!

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
Now if the blue is new, then we'd have to look at the new blue pets added since the most recent update. The ones that I have seen that fit the blue and new description are the Royal Ibis, Blue Lionfish and Valencian Delicacy...but hunch leads me to believe that if blue/new was the right "pairing", the Ibis is the one the hint is about.

(But perhaps there's a Blue Lionfish/Lionfish combo out there. That would surely fit both the blue/new and orange/old hint pairings.)

So that would leave orange fitting with old. There's quite a few pets that would fit that "description", including the following; Fire Lizard, Habanero Shark, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Sabretoothed Bunny, Sunshine Tarantula, Ginger Cat Cub (not that old, though) and possibly these orange-ish pets too-- Fire Toad and Horned Toad. I'd lean towards the Fire Lizard, Clown Fish, Lion Fish and Sabretoothed Bunny.

But there is one thing that I read about the Ibis, and that is- it is found within the scientific name for Cattle Egret, which was mistakenly identified as the Sacred Ibis (at least wikipedia says so). So possibly one of the Buffaloons (for the cattle part) could combine with the Royal Ibis to either create the Cattle Egret, Sacred Ibis or even a Cattle Ibis?. If that's the case then that pairing doesn't fit the clue Decius gave, but it could be a new hybrid nonetheless. I have a sneaky suspicion that the Cattle Egret and/or Sacred Ibis are hybrids awaiting discovery. If so, then that would leave Decius' hint still belonging to another undiscovered hybrid. Which is pretty exciting!

And if I happen to be on to something, and you see this Decius...please don't just yar the post-- copy and post the exact part that you deem yar worthy. Hey, can't blame a guy for trying!
I'm currently morphing the Royal Ibis and the Silver Buffaloon. So far, I'm about 6 morphs in, and nothing but the parents. Also, I was given a lead involving a "Deadly Ibis" which was the Royal Ibis and the Corrupted Celestial Dragon, but after doing about 8-9 morphs, I'm pretty sure that isn't actually a hybrid. Although, I did encounter a funny bug with the color scheme of the resulting Corrupted Celestial Dragons. They would be a purple and black color, and then after I re-logged, they would return to the crimson and purple combination. I almost thought I was on to something. In any case, I'm still wrapping up the Buffaloon hatches as I type this, and I'll be sure to make a post if I discover a hybrid. If anyone is interested in trying out a potential Ibis hybrid, just let me know the date and time and I'll be more than happy to meet up with you and morph until I'm out of gold, or we feel there's nothing worth noting. I'm glad there's still activity on this thread, and I hope we can continue sharing theories and results to hopefully find this hybrid. Happy morphing!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I am going to try the dinolizard (old, blue) with the yeti (new, orange). I will report in after 10 morphs.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
JDpwner on Jul 27, 2016 wrote:
I'm currently morphing the Royal Ibis and the Silver Buffaloon. So far, I'm about 6 morphs in, and nothing but the parents. Also, I was given a lead involving a "Deadly Ibis" which was the Royal Ibis and the Corrupted Celestial Dragon, but after doing about 8-9 morphs, I'm pretty sure that isn't actually a hybrid. Although, I did encounter a funny bug with the color scheme of the resulting Corrupted Celestial Dragons. They would be a purple and black color, and then after I re-logged, they would return to the crimson and purple combination. I almost thought I was on to something. In any case, I'm still wrapping up the Buffaloon hatches as I type this, and I'll be sure to make a post if I discover a hybrid. If anyone is interested in trying out a potential Ibis hybrid, just let me know the date and time and I'll be more than happy to meet up with you and morph until I'm out of gold, or we feel there's nothing worth noting. I'm glad there's still activity on this thread, and I hope we can continue sharing theories and results to hopefully find this hybrid. Happy morphing!
Well keep on trying with those Buffaloons. I think there's something there, as well.

I was actually thinking about trying the Terrorloon and the Royal Ibis because the Sacred Ibis is black and white. And since you mentioned it, that would also fit with the "Deadly Ibis" that you were referring to. I mean what sounds more deadly than something with the word terror in it? I should have more time this weekend to devote towards hybrid hunting, so I'll round up my Terrorloon and give that combo a few tries.

By the way, I have tried the Everest Yeti with both the Ice Scarab and the Ram-a-Lam (3x each) in hopes of getting a Himalayan Tahr/Goat/Ram or an Abominable Snowman/Snowyeti. Indigo's pairing also sounds promising, as well. That Dinolizard just has to play nice with something out there!

Like you noted, hopefully if we keep trying, throwing out ideas and reporting the attempts....we should stumble upon something new. I'll keep the gold coming in and keep hitting the tent.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Both can be acquired with a little coin.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Both can be acquired with a little coin.
"Little coin" as in a small amount...or as in a singular, plankton-sized piece of currency?

Ok, so I will post possible pairings one post at a time...just in case you should feel the unflappable need to yar the correct pairing.

Lion Fish (orange/old) x Blue Lionfish (blue/new)? Both can be purchased at vendors.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Oh guys I cant believe you cant think of this one, Fandango is old and orange!

And little coin might mean it's buyable at the arena for a small amount of gold.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I FOUND IT

Blue Lion Fish + Lion Fish = Fire Fish
YAAAA

Silent Allan Sharp
YEA A AAA

Ensign
Aug 19, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Well keep on trying with those Buffaloons. I think there's something there, as well.

I was actually thinking about trying the Terrorloon and the Royal Ibis because the Sacred Ibis is black and white. And since you mentioned it, that would also fit with the "Deadly Ibis" that you were referring to. I mean what sounds more deadly than something with the word terror in it? I should have more time this weekend to devote towards hybrid hunting, so I'll round up my Terrorloon and give that combo a few tries.

By the way, I have tried the Everest Yeti with both the Ice Scarab and the Ram-a-Lam (3x each) in hopes of getting a Himalayan Tahr/Goat/Ram or an Abominable Snowman/Snowyeti. Indigo's pairing also sounds promising, as well. That Dinolizard just has to play nice with something out there!

Like you noted, hopefully if we keep trying, throwing out ideas and reporting the attempts....we should stumble upon something new. I'll keep the gold coming in and keep hitting the tent.
Huh, I hadn't even considered the Terrorloon being a possible parent...but, I have to note that I can't really say whether or not the Deadly Ibis even exsists at all. It was a lead from a friend, and there wasn't much evidence to back it actually being real, more of just one of those "I think I read somewhere..." situations. Who knows? If anyone wants to give the Terrorloon and Ibis combo a try and post their results here, that would be extremely helpful!

I also wanted to update the thread on my Silver Buffaloon + Royal Ibis morph results-- thus far, after 8 morphs, nothing but the parents. I'm going to try about 3-4 more times before I can cross the combination off the list. Will update you guys as soon as I can. It's also entirely possible that we're not even on the right path to finding an Ibis hybrid, we mustn't ignore that possibility, as sad as it is to think about...However, that aside, I know that eventually we WILL find something, so don't give up!

Best of luck, hunters!

Ensign
Jul 10, 2010
Congratulations to Silent Allan Sharp for discovering both of the new hybrids!

Zebra Lion Fish = Blue Lion Fish + Lion Fish

Fire Fish = Blue Lion Fish + Lion Fish

I also managed to discover one myself with the same combo!

Butterfly Cod = Blue Lion Fish + Lion Fish

Ensign
May 30, 2010