Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Triple digit hybrids

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
Go Crazy!
New hybrids are on test.
Brings the total into the triple digits.

When I saw the response Decius made to the monthly hint question posted by Horrorstar I was pretty shocked.
I estimate that we players have found anywhere between 33-37 hybrids. This number includes the people who have made a hybrid discovery but are keeping it to themselves lol. So when the update goes live we may well have over 70 hybrids yet to be discovered.

So why are there so many unfound hybrids? Well, it isn't for a lack of trying. We try to make hybrids every day.
I try to do something every day. But one thing that I'm guilty of is trying combinations with pets that are my favorites. I like sharks, minis, reptiles, and bugs. Also, I'll be honest if I spend 200k trying to make a hybrid to no avail I most likely wont go drop another 200k on the same lost cause combination.
It's different when you know for a fact that a certain combination makes a hybrid. But spending 3 or 4 hundred thousand on exploration is hard to do. Gold doesn't come all that easy these days.

Another thing that holds people back from trying some pets is the coolness factor and the attack animation of the pet. It's just a fact that people who play the game want the coolest pet. We also want the coolest attack animations. If I dont think a pets attack animation is cool then I dont really wont try to upgrade and equip that pet. That's just me... Everybody is different.

My suggestion for every player who's hybrid hunting after the update is to think outside the box and move outside your comfort zone. Try some combos you've never tried before. Think of how that pet would look as a fire or ice or even lightning version of itself. Talk with your friends in the tent to get new ideas to try.

When this new update goes live I hope we players will see alot more hybrid discoveries. I also hope that the new pets are awesome with cool attack animations. Good luck guys... I hope everyone finds a hybrid.

Lets track down every pet.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2011
CrazyVito on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
Go Crazy!
New hybrids are on test.
Brings the total into the triple digits.

When I saw the response Decius made to the monthly hint question posted by Horrorstar I was pretty shocked.
I estimate that we players have found anywhere between 33-37 hybrids. This number includes the people who have made a hybrid discovery but are keeping it to themselves lol. So when the update goes live we may well have over 70 hybrids yet to be discovered.

So why are there so many unfound hybrids? Well, it isn't for a lack of trying. We try to make hybrids every day.
I try to do something every day. But one thing that I'm guilty of is trying combinations with pets that are my favorites. I like sharks, minis, reptiles, and bugs. Also, I'll be honest if I spend 200k trying to make a hybrid to no avail I most likely wont go drop another 200k on the same lost cause combination.
It's different when you know for a fact that a certain combination makes a hybrid. But spending 3 or 4 hundred thousand on exploration is hard to do. Gold doesn't come all that easy these days.

Another thing that holds people back from trying some pets is the coolness factor and the attack animation of the pet. It's just a fact that people who play the game want the coolest pet. We also want the coolest attack animations. If I dont think a pets attack animation is cool then I dont really wont try to upgrade and equip that pet. That's just me... Everybody is different.

My suggestion for every player who's hybrid hunting after the update is to think outside the box and move outside your comfort zone. Try some combos you've never tried before. Think of how that pet would look as a fire or ice or even lightning version of itself. Talk with your friends in the tent to get new ideas to try.

When this new update goes live I hope we players will see alot more hybrid discoveries. I also hope that the new pets are awesome with cool attack animations. Good luck guys... I hope everyone finds a hybrid.

Lets track down every pet.
There's so many hybrid combinations yet to be discovered out there even before the test realm goes live... So
I was wondering what my pirate friends who play the game thought about the subject.

Do you think you will make the next great hybrid discovery?

What do you think your winning combination is?

What do you think may be holding you back from discovering your hybrid?