Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Too OP Pets

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Hi everyone, and I personally think that pets are becoming too strong. My friend has one that gives Turn the Tide II and another that gives Elusive. See my point?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
piratemonster3002 on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone, and I personally think that pets are becoming too strong. My friend has one that gives Turn the Tide II and another that gives Elusive. See my point?
Sorry, nope, not a bit. I just LOVE it that our pets have become a real asset to us and can really help us out and do something besides clean up. The new pets RAWK in my humble opinion.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
a pet can grant elusive, bladestorm, and turn the tide, get all these and your pet is perfect( depending on the class, pretty useless for a privy)

Ensign
May 21, 2012
Yep, totally disagree. In fact, bring on the "Grants Double Tap" and "Grants Mojo Rising" while we're at it. Why not? Same skill as Bladestorm for the other weapon classes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
a pet can grant elusive, bladestorm, and turn the tide, get all these and your pet is perfect( depending on the class, pretty useless for a privy)
My privy now has a pet that grants her Brutal Charge, other pets on other pirates have or grants, Assassin's Mist, Calm the Troops, Scent ( woot! ). Especially valuable to my swashbuckler is her white tailed jackalope which gives her Regroup!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Actually I have found my pet to be of great use simple yet very effective. The new features aren't over powered the current enemies are underpowered. The tower gave us a taste of stronger enemies. Let them increase in skill and powers even more going forward. I'd also like to see an increase of the difficulty in Aquila since it is a higher level world. The enemies are too weak for us now.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
My pre-update Armadillo Verde.......Riposte 1, Relentless 1, and Pirate 1. It also has Sneak Attack, and that makes my beloved Commodore Vaden the pet I always use!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
Actually I have found my pet to be of great use simple yet very effective. The new features aren't over powered the current enemies are underpowered. The tower gave us a taste of stronger enemies. Let them increase in skill and powers even more going forward. I'd also like to see an increase of the difficulty in Aquila since it is a higher level world. The enemies are too weak for us now.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Don't say such nefarious things. Nothing to read here Ratbeard, just keep on scanning by.

You can always use lower equipment or lesser companions if you want a challenge. Don't make our world harder cause you are so buff.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
I would have to disagree. The current pets are wonderful and I will enjoy them while I can. Unfortunately the wailing about OP pets has begun before Advanced Pets has gotten off the ground good yet here in Pirate. I know eventually KI will hear too many complaints and the wonderful pets we have will be changed and degraded, just as they were in Wizards. It will be sad to see.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013
Frankly it's a manner of perspective -- for example when ranked is eventually released I'm certain others will see your reasoning. Now you see the owners of these Pets will without a doubt beg to differ seeing as they worked for them with their time and gold, leading to the opinion if they worked for it then they should be able to use their pet(s), of which I can agree upon. I wouldn't be all too worried about TtT/Elusive/Storm though, more so Charming Gaze/Scent rank 2 and 3 if you ask me. I agree to disagree with you, if that makes any sense.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"Hi everyone, and I personally think that pets are becoming too strong. My friend has one that gives Turn the Tide II and another that gives Elusive. See my point?"

Nope.

They are a significant asset for our pirates. But the fights are becoming tougher and tougher...

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
OfTheUnKnown on Oct 17, 2014 wrote:
Frankly it's a manner of perspective -- for example when ranked is eventually released I'm certain others will see your reasoning. Now you see the owners of these Pets will without a doubt beg to differ seeing as they worked for them with their time and gold, leading to the opinion if they worked for it then they should be able to use their pet(s), of which I can agree upon. I wouldn't be all too worried about TtT/Elusive/Storm though, more so Charming Gaze/Scent rank 2 and 3 if you ask me. I agree to disagree with you, if that makes any sense.
Welcome to the message boards Of The unknown. You seem to have a good grasp of what makes our pets so awesome. I look forward to hearing more from you.