The Daily Hybrid Combo Project

1
AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Calamity Pixieshade came up with the idea of a Daily Hybrid Combo Project where we all do the same combo per day. You don't have to spend all of your gold and morphing attempts on this combo. You can morph just once. If you want to do more morphing attempts, that's up to you. But please do post your results below.

Also if you have an better combo hybrid theory than the ones we got below or you think we should change certain ones, just again post your idea!

If you can't post a reply here or you prefer Twitter better, you can tweet your morphing results with the hashtag: #P101MorphProject.

Wednesday, June 25th: Crokagator x Armadillo Verde (Silver or Cool Ranch Armadillo?)
Thursday, June 26th: Lion Fish x Inky Octopus (Glow Fish?)
Friday, June 27th: Fandango x Violet Bubblefish
Saturday, June 28th: Celestial Dragon x Inky Octopus
Sunday, June 29th: Jackalope x Silver Buffaloon
Monday, June 30th: Mini Minotaur x Lil' Labor Golem
Tuesday: July 1st: Inky Octopus x Jackalope
Wednesday, June 2nd: Silver Buffaloon x Clown Fish
Thursday, June 3rd: Violet Bubblefish x Fandango
Friday, June 4th: Imperial Lion x Golden Stingtail (Manticore hybrid?)
Saturday, June 5th: Lion Fish x White Tailed Jackalope
Sunday, June 6th: Lil' Labor Golem x Coconut Crawlie
Monday, July 7th: Armadillo Verde x Celestial Dragon
Tuesday: July 8th: Coral Widow x Violet Bubblefish
Wednesday, June 9th: Golden Stingtail x Armadillo
Thursday, June 10th: Clown Fish x Imperial Lion
Friday, June 11th: Tropical Sky Snake x Crokagator
Saturday, June 12th: DinoLizard x Mini Minotaur
Sunday, June 13th: Quackosaurus x Lion Fish
Monday, June 14th: Coconut Crawlie x Coral Widow

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Calamity Pixieshade came up with the idea of a Daily Hybrid Combo Project where we all do the same combo per day. You don't have to spend all of your gold and morphing attempts on this combo. You can morph just once. If you want to do more morphing attempts, that's up to you. But please do post your results below.

Also if you have an better combo hybrid theory than the ones we got below or you think we should change certain ones, just again post your idea!

If you can't post a reply here or you prefer Twitter better, you can tweet your morphing results with the hashtag: #P101MorphProject.

Wednesday, June 25th: Crokagator x Armadillo Verde (Silver or Cool Ranch Armadillo?)
Thursday, June 26th: Lion Fish x Inky Octopus (Glow Fish?)
Friday, June 27th: Fandango x Violet Bubblefish
Saturday, June 28th: Celestial Dragon x Inky Octopus
Sunday, June 29th: Jackalope x Silver Buffaloon
Monday, June 30th: Mini Minotaur x Lil' Labor Golem
Tuesday: July 1st: Inky Octopus x Jackalope
Wednesday, June 2nd: Silver Buffaloon x Clown Fish
Thursday, June 3rd: Violet Bubblefish x Fandango
Friday, June 4th: Imperial Lion x Golden Stingtail (Manticore hybrid?)
Saturday, June 5th: Lion Fish x White Tailed Jackalope
Sunday, June 6th: Lil' Labor Golem x Coconut Crawlie
Monday, July 7th: Armadillo Verde x Celestial Dragon
Tuesday: July 8th: Coral Widow x Violet Bubblefish
Wednesday, June 9th: Golden Stingtail x Armadillo
Thursday, June 10th: Clown Fish x Imperial Lion
Friday, June 11th: Tropical Sky Snake x Crokagator
Saturday, June 12th: DinoLizard x Mini Minotaur
Sunday, June 13th: Quackosaurus x Lion Fish
Monday, June 14th: Coconut Crawlie x Coral Widow
Tee, Hee, now where are we gonna put the Mechanical Owl attempts in.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
9
How did you decide to use these combos?

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
17
I think this is a great idea, if a bunch of people try the same thing one of us is bound to hit. I don't have all the pets but will ask around and do my best to give these a go. As a side note, I heard a large group of people at the tent a couple days ago doing the silver buffaloon and the armadillo verde, saying the grey armadillo hybrid was found.
Not sure if it is true.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
552
Ebon spectre and mini minotaur = deadly minotaur? Like the Nightwalker in w101?

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009
58
sweet idea, I can do at least one morph for sure. I'll add it to my morphing routine.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
17
Morphed the crockagator and armadillo verde twice, got two armadillos. I don't have the pets for the next two days, so I won't be able to do those, but I will do the ones I can, especially if other players do as well, this could be a great way to test some of these combos, if the idea catches on. (I hope it does)

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
152
I think a Violet Bubblefish and a Coconut Crawlie would create some kind of Puffer Fish. I saw one inside of Snodgrass' Quality Fruits in Marleybone's Isle of Dogs and I wonder if it could be a hybrid...

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
You can only get a hybrid from morphing with someone else's pet, right?

I have only morphed twice, once with two of my own pets (White-Tailed Jackalope x Cutie Chameleon) which produced another Jackalope, and once with another Pirate, which produced a Tidepool Crawlie (which they had. I think I used my Jackalope in that one too.)

I was doing a practice sparring match, and I saw a Longhorn Jackalope. I don't remember if it had the Crowns icon or not, but if it didn't, I'm guessing at which combo would create it. I think it may be White-Tailed Jackalope x Sabretoothed Bunny.

I don't have a lot of adult pets (I think I have four--the Jackalope and Cutie Chameleon mentioned above, an Emerald Budgie (Game Card pet), and possibly an Orchid Chameleon-I don't know if it dropped from Fin before or after the update. It's in my house right now.) but I will try to morph with other Pirates, and hopefully discover a hybrid or two!

This is so exciting! I can't wait to have a hybrid of my own! Or possibly discover one. Could I be that lucky?

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
67
we could see if we can get that hex cat by morphing the imperial lion and either the ebon spirit or a scrimshaw drake

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
435Snow Owl on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I think a Violet Bubblefish and a Coconut Crawlie would create some kind of Puffer Fish. I saw one inside of Snodgrass' Quality Fruits in Marleybone's Isle of Dogs and I wonder if it could be a hybrid...
Hello there 435Snow Owl.

It is quite possible that there could be some kind of Puffer Fish Hybrid out there waiting to be discovered- I sure hope so! But I know that there are at least 4 types of Puffer Fish that came from P101 gift cards. Some of the puffers that the wiki currently lists are the Blue Skies Puffer (no image), the Nimbus Puffer, the Pitfall Puffer (no image) and the Rouged Puffer. I'm curious as to whether the one you saw was from one of the cards or something new and exciting.

Here's a Link to the Wiki Pet Page Index. There's a few that are missing still, especially newer ones. If you click on the Pets tab from the list on the left side of the screen, you will see a menu where you can check out other pet related pages and topics like Pet Snacks, Pet Gear and Pet Powers/Talents. A lot of the newer discoveries and data still needs to be updated though.

Good luck morphing and trying for your hybrids- known and new!

Commodore
Jul 07, 2013
960
I have produced the hybrid pets with using two of my own pets so it's not impossible.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
152
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Hello there 435Snow Owl.

It is quite possible that there could be some kind of Puffer Fish Hybrid out there waiting to be discovered- I sure hope so! But I know that there are at least 4 types of Puffer Fish that came from P101 gift cards. Some of the puffers that the wiki currently lists are the Blue Skies Puffer (no image), the Nimbus Puffer, the Pitfall Puffer (no image) and the Rouged Puffer. I'm curious as to whether the one you saw was from one of the cards or something new and exciting.

Here's a Link to the Wiki Pet Page Index. There's a few that are missing still, especially newer ones. If you click on the Pets tab from the list on the left side of the screen, you will see a menu where you can check out other pet related pages and topics like Pet Snacks, Pet Gear and Pet Powers/Talents. A lot of the newer discoveries and data still needs to be updated though.

Good luck morphing and trying for your hybrids- known and new!
Hullo! I saw the images that were there. None of which matched what I saw. The fish inside eyes were completely black. Their body is way more spiky and rounder. They were a dark blue/turquoise color on top and faded to a light blue on bottom. They had pale violet fins and upper lip. Could they be one of the missing images or is this really new?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
435Snow Owl on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Hullo! I saw the images that were there. None of which matched what I saw. The fish inside eyes were completely black. Their body is way more spiky and rounder. They were a dark blue/turquoise color on top and faded to a light blue on bottom. They had pale violet fins and upper lip. Could they be one of the missing images or is this really new?
Well that is fantastically interesting. Maybe that puffer was one of the missing images, but perhaps and hopefully, it was some new Hybrid that nobody has made "known" in the P101 Community. Did the puffer maintain that image the whole time? Just asking in case it wasn't one of those "idle" moments that some pets/mounts have where they have a different animation or look to them. I don't have any of the puffers at all, so I don't know if they actually puff out at times while standing around or at other times.

Although, I vaguely remember seeing an actual spiked-out puffer somewhere, but I have no clue where or if I definitely did see one. It could have been on another site or maybe on an actual gift card I saw in a store. But I guess it also could have a chance of being an actual Hybrid. Let's hope that if it is, someone speaks up about it or others start to discover it as well. Your encounter with this little puffer has got me excited to hit the morphing tent.....again.

Good luck morphing and Hybrid hunting!

Commodore
May 30, 2010
863
Anyone have any luck to report so far?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
801
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I have produced the hybrid pets with using two of my own pets so it's not impossible.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Thanks for the info!!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
152
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Well that is fantastically interesting. Maybe that puffer was one of the missing images, but perhaps and hopefully, it was some new Hybrid that nobody has made "known" in the P101 Community. Did the puffer maintain that image the whole time? Just asking in case it wasn't one of those "idle" moments that some pets/mounts have where they have a different animation or look to them. I don't have any of the puffers at all, so I don't know if they actually puff out at times while standing around or at other times.

Although, I vaguely remember seeing an actual spiked-out puffer somewhere, but I have no clue where or if I definitely did see one. It could have been on another site or maybe on an actual gift card I saw in a store. But I guess it also could have a chance of being an actual Hybrid. Let's hope that if it is, someone speaks up about it or others start to discover it as well. Your encounter with this little puffer has got me excited to hit the morphing tent.....again.

Good luck morphing and Hybrid hunting!
They didn't have any animation to them at all, they stayed that image. It's one of those decorations in a shop, like beside the puffer fish were batacuda and above them were thresher sharks. The puffers were the only thing I have yet to see running alongside a pirate. I hope it's a hybrid too, but I don't have a Violet Bubblefish to test it myself. I'll have you yet, Bubblefish!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
435Snow Owl on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
They didn't have any animation to them at all, they stayed that image. It's one of those decorations in a shop, like beside the puffer fish were batacuda and above them were thresher sharks. The puffers were the only thing I have yet to see running alongside a pirate. I hope it's a hybrid too, but I don't have a Violet Bubblefish to test it myself. I'll have you yet, Bubblefish!
You and me both! That fish has burst my pirate's bubble as well. I think I have had about 6 or 7 total pets received from Pet Wranglin' but alas, no Bubblefish. I just may have to break down and morph with someone to get one. I was offered to morph to try and get one, but I ran out of time, and nearly gold, and had to log off. I'll probably build up some gold, hit the tent and try my luck that way. If I get one first, I'll be happy to share the wealth.....and the fish!

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
79
Snow Owl, I have a Violet Bubblefish. If you're interested, we could set up a time to meet in the morphing tent.

Community Leader
Ascew on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I think this is a great idea, if a bunch of people try the same thing one of us is bound to hit. I don't have all the pets but will ask around and do my best to give these a go. As a side note, I heard a large group of people at the tent a couple days ago doing the silver buffaloon and the armadillo verde, saying the grey armadillo hybrid was found.
Not sure if it is true.
I never saw a Grey Armadillo Hybrid anywhere, so I doubt it's true. HOWEVER, they might meant that outside the Morphing Tent, there is a Grey Armadillo as one of the pets outside.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
435Snow Owl on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I think a Violet Bubblefish and a Coconut Crawlie would create some kind of Puffer Fish. I saw one inside of Snodgrass' Quality Fruits in Marleybone's Isle of Dogs and I wonder if it could be a hybrid...
Hmm that's an interesting thought!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
The Peculiar on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
How did you decide to use these combos?
Some are theories, some are random since people are usually making logical morphs, I want to try to do the opposite because some hybrids could be unexpected like the Emusaur.

Hope you guys have finding my list to be useful! I have been hatching following the schedule that I've posted in this topic and have not received any success. I sure hope we hit the motherlode of those days!

Good luck, Morphers!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
1
Hey Kelsey, I morphed all the combinations on your list, each of them one time, but no success. Good luck morphing a hybrid!

Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
15
If the ostrich only produces a blue ostrich or if another pet is used, that parent or a possible new hybrid, to increase the ostrich pedigree is only possible by increasing the blue ostrich numbers, is that right? Not sure.

If it is right, then is the blue ostrich really an option to mix with itself or other pets for a new hybrid as if it were 'not' a hybrid at all? All the other original pets can be reproduced. To reproduce an ostrich means the blue ostrich, as if it were an original.

Also, Decius hints often had the ending comment to go spar with him, his pets were restless, he says it on almost every hint comment about morphing the common pets. Could that be another hint of something that might affect the morphing success? unlocking the 'training' slots?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
cat agate on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
If the ostrich only produces a blue ostrich or if another pet is used, that parent or a possible new hybrid, to increase the ostrich pedigree is only possible by increasing the blue ostrich numbers, is that right? Not sure.

If it is right, then is the blue ostrich really an option to mix with itself or other pets for a new hybrid as if it were 'not' a hybrid at all? All the other original pets can be reproduced. To reproduce an ostrich means the blue ostrich, as if it were an original.

Also, Decius hints often had the ending comment to go spar with him, his pets were restless, he says it on almost every hint comment about morphing the common pets. Could that be another hint of something that might affect the morphing success? unlocking the 'training' slots?
Hmmm, I like how you think. I can just picture Decius bouncing frustrated in his chair saying something like: "I am TRYING to help them but they just aren't hearing my hints. How much more obvious can I be without taking all of the fun out of it?"

1