Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Still Waiting...

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Um...so I really like this advanced pets update, and I am really looking forward to mastering pet pvp, but it seems that there isn't anybody available to play me. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the matching system or What but I try when there are a bunch if people many of who tell me they are doing a nonpractice match, around my level (55) and I wait 25+ minutes for a match. I just sit there and hope that a some lower level player put in his pet and an ostrich in lol. It won't change if I out in a diff number if pets either. I just wannid to know if anyone was having the same problem... Maybe a new matchmaking system is in order?

Ensign
Apr 08, 2014
I've been having a similar problem. It seems the normal wait time for my little peg-legged ostrich to get a PVP match is anywhere from 5-20 minutes. Agony to wait that long when the rest of the game is so smooth and fast!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
It doesn't try to match based on your level, but rather your pets level. (and a few other things)

Are you attempting to take in all level 55 pets?
Or are you taking in pets under level 10?

A little more information here on what you are attempting to do would be great.

Thanks

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
GoldRoseKnight on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Um...so I really like this advanced pets update, and I am really looking forward to mastering pet pvp, but it seems that there isn't anybody available to play me. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the matching system or What but I try when there are a bunch if people many of who tell me they are doing a nonpractice match, around my level (55) and I wait 25+ minutes for a match. I just sit there and hope that a some lower level player put in his pet and an ostrich in lol. It won't change if I out in a diff number if pets either. I just wannid to know if anyone was having the same problem... Maybe a new matchmaking system is in order?
I think you may be on to something. I was on really late at night and there were only two of us there, in that realm at least, and we both agreed to pair two max pets against two. We waited over 5 minutes and we were not paired with each other or anyone else. We canceled and tried two more times then just gave up. I thought it was just a fluke but perhaps there is a pattern here.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Thanks Decius.
Here are the combos I've tried

One lvl 56

Two lvl 56

Three lvl 56

One lvl 56 and One lvl 1

2 lvl 56 and One lvl 1

And that's only on this character!

Ensign
Apr 08, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on May 14, 2014 wrote:
It doesn't try to match based on your level, but rather your pets level. (and a few other things)

Are you attempting to take in all level 55 pets?
Or are you taking in pets under level 10?

A little more information here on what you are attempting to do would be great.

Thanks
My ostrich is currently about level 17; it's the only pet I have at the moment. I did get matched with people a few times, but the wait times in between were quite long.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I've tried combinations of 2 x lvl 65, 3x level 65 and 4x level 65, all with the same time in the queue of 3 min to a half hour. Hope this helps with your information gathering.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Is there possibly a way to send a message to someone who is waiting to match all four pets against another set of our that there is a single or two pet match, in order to make matching quicker? I've been trying with two pets on various characters, from level 10ish to level 43/46, to maxed level 65's. It seems as though many players who CAN use all four will only look for all four pet matches. If they could be told that a 2v2 is available, they might be willing to switch?

That or how about a matching "board" indicating who might be already waiting, so that I could take a look and say, "someone's been waiting for a level 10 single pet match? - I can do that!" or "there are only 4v4 matches available, so my single level 35 pet is going to be waiting for a while."

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
A nice way of fix this that I thought of bc of willowys post:
You put any pets you like in
It finds a match for any combo of the pets you put in, only using the ones it needs to and leaving out excess ones. That way since nobody cares if it is 1v1 or 4v4 the matching is quicker