Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stardust Chameleon

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I get that the newest pet is a tribute to David Bowie, yet, I don't see a little bit of specialty that pet holds. No offense to Decius, nor to all the pet loving enthusiasts out there. It's just a different coloration of a Chameleon pet to me.

However, if it does show more specialty, I could imagine it being made in a more unique shape to stand out from the other Chameleon pets & really bring out the popular essence David Bowie holds.

Still, I find that new pet to be equally nice, all the same. What do you think, Pirates?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Well, it makes sense that the pet would be an existing pet with different coloration and abilities, rather than something completely new, as it was put together quickly after DB's death (although it is possible it was already in the wings with a different name and was re-purposed after DB's death). I would think to design a completely new pet with unique animations would be fairly time-consuming.

Mine received the "Time Warp" power at level 20, which I think is only the second pet to have it (the other I know of is the Mechanical Owl).

-Michael

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
whats cool is its different from the other Pirate101 pets in its pattern.. in fact its similar to wizard101 one.. is a good thing! look at the chamelion in the tent on the sigil near where bailey and hunter stand... its pattern is more akin to the stardust than the other p101 chameleons... except the "jungle chameleon" who has thus far remained in the pet sparring area.. one of decius's special pets... maybe a hybrid hiding then?
though with the recent death of Alan Rickman(professor Snape for the younger generation, Sheriff of Nottingham for older generation) am wondering if there will ever be a tribute pet or otherwise for him.. wands up.. always..
stormy jen silver