Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So, about this rain of eggs...

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Fiorenza and I both saw our pet wranglin' crews bring back and unusually large number of eggs today. And I do mean a lot (2 eggs found multiple times, one crew brought back 3). So, does this sudden bounty mean:

(1) the chances of pet wranglin' resulting in an egg have been increased,

(2) There is a temporary boost in honor of the new update, or

(3) Fiorenza and I should pack our bags and head for Vegas?

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Indigo Ring on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Fiorenza and I both saw our pet wranglin' crews bring back and unusually large number of eggs today. And I do mean a lot (2 eggs found multiple times, one crew brought back 3). So, does this sudden bounty mean:

-Indigo
Sad to say this was an oversight from test server. We bumped it up there so it was easier to test.
It will be brought down slightly, but they will not be as rare as they were before. So it should feel like a trickle of eggs rather than a storm of eggs.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
This morning, one pirate scored NINE EGGS out of fourteen crew reporting in.

This afternoon, one pirate hit 3 out of 4 and another 5 out of 8.

Pretty much everybody else scored nada - who knew eggs hunt in packs?

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for the reply. No trip to Vegas, then...

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Glad they won't be quite as rare as they were; I had slowed to a near halt in terms of finding eggs wrangling. While one of my pirates did really, really well the first day things went live, I've not been having the omelet of pets Indigo has had (although I've received a fair few).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Sad to say this was an oversight from test server. We bumped it up there so it was easier to test.
It will be brought down slightly, but they will not be as rare as they were before. So it should feel like a trickle of eggs rather than a storm of eggs.
Well, no one said wrangling for pet eggs would be easy.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
figures somebody mentions they getting lots of eggs and now its getting fixed ... sigh I have yet to get any from wrangling...
stormy jen

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
I only have been receiving Violet Blubberfishes (lol). Maybe one of these days I will get that Redrum (and not receive only a Mini Minotaur, I have around 65 of them). Violet Blubberfishes aren't new so its kind of disappointing, but hey, the odds are on my side.

P.S. I have so many Mini Minotaurs roaming my home, its chaotic.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
stormyjensilverdra... on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:
figures somebody mentions they getting lots of eggs and now its getting fixed ... sigh I have yet to get any from wrangling...
stormy jen
I got twin silver buffaloons again and triplet mini minotaurs on the live realm just now!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Indigo Ring on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:

-Indigo
I'm getting eggs every day on my level 12 buccaneer I'm starting to train up.

One day I got a reddrum and an imperial lion, the next I get an inky octopus and a silver buffalooon. Then later on the same day, I got an ebon spectre. When will this end?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I believe they have already made the adjustment. Eggs should be less plentiful than they were immediately after the last update, but more frequent than they originally were. Certain that is my situation with eggs.

Sounds like you are having some luck - keep it up!

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I think the numbers may have been toned down from Test (from what I hear at least), but there is still a pretty decent over-abundance of eggs being brought back....for the most part. For Valkoor & only 3 of my lower level pirates (levels- 16, 15 and 10), in about the past 2 weeks, they have had companions bring back a total of 21 eggs (possibly more, as I may have sold a few). The lower level pirates only have 3-4 companions assigned to Pet Wranglin' and I only collecting 2x a day. My level 10 Swashbuckler has had the most eggcellent luck, receiving 8 and Valkoor has received 5. They've brought multiples of these back: Ebon Spectres, Cutie Chameleons, Silver Buffaloons, Tawny Sky Turtles, Ice Scarabs, Mini-Minotaurs, Reddrums, White Tailed Jackalope and Inky Octopus. Lots of critters for sure.

I wonder if the chance of companions bringing eggs back is weighted, depending on how many companions are assigned to Pet Wranglin'? Valkoor is maxed and has had 14-18 +/- companions on 'pet duty' and receives far fewer eggs (though a couple recently) in comparison to my lower pirates that only have 3-4 companions Wranglin'. I know that with the other tasks, the wait times increase and the efficiency of the crew decreases as you assign more companions to the same task(s). So, Decius, by any chance does the percentage chance of eggs returning decrease the more you have assigned to pet wranglin'? Or is it still simply a matter of that whole random thingy coming into play?

I'm not complaining though, I pass on all those eggs to my lower level pirates and let them train them up very slowly. Raking in tons of Island Sculls, Bars, Bosun's Whistles and Monkey Bars to keep funding my Mighty Morphing Madness. So, keep those eggs coming!

And congrats Madison and Indigo on your continued egg success. Just whatever you do...don't ever tell your pet wranglin' assigned companions to "Get crackin'"!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ElijahWaterVault on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
I only have been receiving Violet Blubberfishes (lol). Maybe one of these days I will get that Redrum (and not receive only a Mini Minotaur, I have around 65 of them). Violet Blubberfishes aren't new so its kind of disappointing, but hey, the odds are on my side.

P.S. I have so many Mini Minotaurs roaming my home, its chaotic.
Oh I've seen your house before. I thought it was so cute how they all did the victory dance thing all at the same time.

Ensign
May 17, 2013
I've noticed the difference in eggs received from pet wrangling also. I usually have about 12 companions wrangling. Out of those twelve, I'll sometimes get none, but other times get like 4-6, or 2.. but it's not anything I've begrudged. I've noticed that all the wrangled pets sell for 1500g to the vendor in Avery Court. So it's a good cash boost for my lower level pirates :D

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Is the rain back on? I'm getting at least two eggs per pirate on my noob half. My max level pirates, that's another story. I'm getting even more eggs now than during when this thread was made! o. o

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
These days the eggs come in clusters. So if you have multiple crew reporting in from wrangling, if you hit one egg, you will likely hit multiples.

-Indigo