Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Snacks in shared bank

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Yeah, I just spent hours making lists of which pets and pet snacks each of my pirates had in their backpack and then distributed all of my pets to my pirates, grouping them all by world of origin with the intention of dividing up my snacks by way of the shared bank so that each pirate got rid of all the excess junk the pets only *ate.*

So much for that.

I understand that snacks are tradable in W101 so I'm confused as to why that's not an option here. Is this something we can possibly look forward to being added in the future?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That's a very good point. We should be able to trade snacks and pet gear between our pirates!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I've wondered the same thing! I had so many pets with not enough energy on one pirate to train all the pets at once, so I spread the pets throughout my other pirates so I could train them quicker. Unfortunately, not all my pirates are maxed so they don't exactly have the best snacks coming in. I attempted to share some gear and snacks to my other pirates too, until I figured out that it couldn't happen. I do hope it would be added someday. It would be nice to train all those pets even quicker with those high ranked snacks on my lower level pirates.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I expect that we will eventually be able to trade snacks among our pirates. We might also be able to trade the gear that we can currently sell at the bazaar.

I toyed with sorting my pets out earlier, but I was lucky enough to realize we can't trade snacks before I got to the great sorting. Sorry you spent so much time and effort for no good purpose. But perhaps in the next proper big update that will be changed.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
That would be very helpful. My workaround currently is put the fussy eater pets in the share bank and then have the pirate who has energy to spare and the correct snack pull them out for a training round. The opposite of what I do in Wizard101, there I store all the snacks in the share bank and whichever wizard needs them for a pet just grabs them.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
I was just waiting for that one in an update, but not there so far. It would be great to get that going here too, in Wiz its so handy to throw snacks and stuff into the shared bank and have plenty for all, they could add a 'yum' slot too... just for yum... I mean fun! Yep, just for yum.

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Oh, I'm glad others want this too!

I didn't really understand pet training until recently (shocker ) so I was very haphazard with it. It took getting whooped in pet PVP to understand the significance of the *power* thing. That's what precipitated the idea to be more organized and get the most bang for my buck with the snacks. Virtually all of my pets are max level but with very low *power*. Some are like, power 12.

It just drives me nuts to train an Imperial Lion and have to feed it Banana Gumbo or something while one of my other pirates has 5 loaves of Wondercud just sitting there.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
On the up side, at least in P101 you don't lose all your energy moving a pet from the shared bank so you can use the swapping pets work-around.

One hopes they resist the impulse to add the energy cost in....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
On the up side, at least in P101 you don't lose all your energy moving a pet from the shared bank so you can use the swapping pets work-around.

One hopes they resist the impulse to add the energy cost in....
Oh YES I am eternally grateful for that one. Many times I have a broke pirate and someone wants to morph with something and I can just go get the pet with another, more well funded pirate with no penalties. Thank you again KI.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Yes, you can put pets in the shared bank, which is awesome.

It's just very labor-intensive and time-consuming to use that feature as a way of getting the most of the snacks for upping the power stat.

Seems to me that the quickest and easiest way to feed your pet at LEAST a *liked* snack every time (and to always have *loved* snacks at your fingertips) is to group the pets with snacks from their world and the only way to feasibly do that is to be able to arrange the snacks between pirates.

Otherwise, it would mean tons of switching between pirates and each one making trips to the bank to switch off pets after almost every training session.

I'm usually thrilled with the status quo and never delve into the world of, "Wouldn't it be great if........" but this is one instance in which a tweak here would be awesome.