Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

snacks and training

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Ok so I have 2 pets one is the starter pet and the other is a fish pet (sorry forget it's name) and I have seen somebody else's pet in battle and it had A. more health and B. better attacks so please tell me what to do so I can make him more powerful

this is the messanger(witchdoctor) signing off

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor super ... on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Ok so I have 2 pets one is the starter pet and the other is a fish pet (sorry forget it's name) and I have seen somebody else's pet in battle and it had A. more health and B. better attacks so please tell me what to do so I can make him more powerful

Hi Bearsocks, welcome to the message boards. There are a couple of great guides out there that really taught me a lot.
Stars of the Spiral has a great list of where you can get pets and their talents &
Another is from Duelist 101 that taught me how to cheer and the best way to train up a great pet.
Also the Petnome project has really detailed info on all the first generation pets for you along with some great explanations of the new stats and what all the pet info means.
These should get you going.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Keep training the Pets you have. Find what they like to eat (or preferably what they love to eat) and try to feed them those Snacks. You get an increase of Power (+1 like, +2 loves) when you do this. Certain snacks (mainly the higher level snacks) can also include an increase in Power). Power allows you to cheer your Pet more often. If your Pet's health is low or medium, that will definitely affect how long they can last in a fight. You also need to get their stats higher also (Strength, Agility, Will, Guts, Guile, and Grit) which will increase your ability to cheer. I recommend concentrating on Guile and Grit first they are affected by having Medium and Low Health respectively since this will be where your Pet may spend most of the time in battle.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
First generation pets of the same time are identical in terms of potential. They have the same list of talents and powers and the same maximums for agility, strength, health, etc. As they are trained and rise in levels they will probably unlock different combinations of powers and talents, and some will become more effective than others because they are luckier in unlocking the stronger powers and talents. Their statistics will improve as they go up levels, although the maximum potentials only change if a talent is unlocked that raises the maximum for a stat. So if your pet fought a pet of the same type that had more health it had probably been trained to a higher level and/or had gone through training (and fed snacks) that boosted health more than your pet's health had been boosted.

Alternatively, the "identical" pet your fought may not have been a first generation pet, in which case it would have stats and powers and talents mixed from both parents (and potentially grandparents, great grandparents, etc.).

Training your pets up in Pirate101 is far less time consuming than in Wizard101, and is well worth doing.

-Indigo

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
First generation pets of the same time are identical in terms of potential. They have the same list of talents and powers and the same maximums for agility, strength, health, etc. As they are trained and rise in levels they will probably unlock different combinations of powers and talents, and some will become more effective than others because they are luckier in unlocking the stronger powers and talents. Their statistics will improve as they go up levels, although the maximum potentials only change if a talent is unlocked that raises the maximum for a stat. So if your pet fought a pet of the same type that had more health it had probably been trained to a higher level and/or had gone through training (and fed snacks) that boosted health more than your pet's health had been boosted.

Alternatively, the "identical" pet your fought may not have been a first generation pet, in which case it would have stats and powers and talents mixed from both parents (and potentially grandparents, great grandparents, etc.).

Training your pets up in Pirate101 is far less time consuming than in Wizard101, and is well worth doing.

-Indigo
"Training your pets up in Pirate101 is far less time consuming than in Wizard101..."

One simple reason for this is no mind-numbing minigames. And I hope beyond all hope that it stays that way

Silly Sebastian (,,)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
witchdoctor super ... on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:

One other thing to add to the already great advice others have shared, is that when you feed a pet a snack it Likes/Loves, not only does it gain a +1 to Power for Liked and +2 to Power for Loved- it also gets a small increase in XP every time you feed it a Snack that it Likes/Loves. So far I have seen a +4 for Liked Snacks and a +8 for Loved Snacks. It may not seem like much but it can make up the difference in the XP gained/lost from feeding a pet a lower level Snack versus a mid level. Those multiple +8s gained from your pet Loving a Snack can add up and help your pet level up that much faster, especially early on, on it's way to adulthood and to morphdom. Aww, Stinky Precious is all grown up!

I will have to investigate to see if there are even higher bonuses to XP from Liking/Loving the level 8-10 Snacks, but man those Mega Snack Packs carry a hefty price tag!

Also, I am not sure how many out there are aware of this, but each pet has a Home World Origin and likewise so does each Snack. Match the Pet's World Origin to the Snacks displayed World Origin and you are guaranteed a minimum of your pet Liking the Snack. (NOTE- some of the pets Home world's aren't obvious, like the Ice Scarab which drops in Aquila, is a MooShu pet and the Not so Great White Shark drops in Marleybone, but is a Skull Island pet. Hmmm, maybe I should post the known pets and their Home World Origin in another post)

Also the Snacks are classified into 4 classes: Main Course, Side Dish, Desserts and Universal Snacks. Each pet has a preferred Snack class that when feeding a Snack from that preferred class will result in the pet Liking it. The only exception that I have seen, is the Level 10 Snack- El Doreeto, which is guaranteed to be Loved by all pets!

You can get your pet to Love the Snack by feeding it one from BOTH it's preferred Snack Class and from it's preferred Home World Origin. Feeding from just one of the two, will produce a Liked Snack. Also you can feed them a Universal Snack, which is Liked by ALL pets, and from EITHER their preferred Snack Class OR Home World Origin to produce the result of a Loved Snack.

These are the Universal Snacks (combine them with the pets preferred world, for a Loved snack):

LVL 3- Banana Soup (Monquista)
LVL 4- Sasperilla (Cool Ranch)
LVL 5- Farm Fresh Yum (MooShu)
LVL 5- Moolong Tea (MooShu)
LVL 8- Ryan's All Natural Yum-N-Ade (Skull Island)
LVL 10- Hot Buttered Yum (Skull Island)

Hope this helps and happy snacking, training, sparring, pet PvPing and morphing to you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
One other thing to add to the already great advice others have shared, is that when you feed a pet a snack it Likes/Loves, not only does it gain a +1 to Power for Liked and +2 to Power for Loved- it also gets a small increase in XP every time you feed it a Snack that it Likes/Loves. So far I have seen a +4 for Liked Snacks and a +8 for Loved Snacks. It may not seem like much but it can make up the difference in the XP gained/lost from feeding a pet a lower level Snack versus a mid level. Those multiple +8s gained from your pet Loving a Snack can add up and help your pet level up that much faster, especially early on, on it's way to adulthood and to morphdom. Aww, Stinky Precious is all grown up!

I will have to investigate to see if there are even higher bonuses to XP from Liking/Loving the level 8-10 Snacks, but man those Mega Snack Packs carry a hefty price tag!

Also, I am not sure how many out there are aware of this, but each pet has a Home World Origin and likewise so does each Snack. Match the Pet's World Origin to the Snacks displayed World Origin and you are guaranteed a minimum of your pet Liking the Snack. (NOTE- some of the pets Home world's aren't obvious, like the Ice Scarab which drops in Aquila, is a MooShu pet and the Not so Great White Shark drops in Marleybone, but is a Skull Island pet. Hmmm, maybe I should post the known pets and their Home World Origin in another post)

Also the Snacks are classified into 4 classes: Main Course, Side Dish, Desserts and Universal Snacks. Each pet has a preferred Snack class that when feeding a Snack from that preferred class will result in the pet Liking it. The only exception that I have seen, is the Level 10 Snack- El Doreeto, which is guaranteed to be Loved by all pets!

You can get your pet to Love the Snack by feeding it one from BOTH it's preferred Snack Class and from it's preferred Home World Origin. Feeding from just one of the two, will produce a Liked Snack. Also you can feed them a Universal Snack, which is Liked by ALL pets, and from EITHER their preferred Snack Class OR Home World Origin to produce the result of a Loved Snack.

These are the Universal Snacks (combine them with the pets preferred world, for a Loved snack):

LVL 3- Banana Soup (Monquista)
LVL 4- Sasperilla (Cool Ranch)
LVL 5- Farm Fresh Yum (MooShu)
LVL 5- Moolong Tea (MooShu)
LVL 8- Ryan's All Natural Yum-N-Ade (Skull Island)
LVL 10- Hot Buttered Yum (Skull Island)

Hope this helps and happy snacking, training, sparring, pet PvPing and morphing to you!
Ok pirate friends, so hear is a list of the pets that I actually have and their Home World Origins along with their Snack Class preferences. The letters in parenthesis after the pet are it's Home World Origin: SI=Skull Island, MQ=Monquista, CR=Cool Ranch, MS=MooShu, MB=Marleybone, AQ=Aquila and UN=Unknown.

MAIN COURSE PETS (if the snack seems like an "entrée", then it is a Main Course- I know pretty vague, right? But I couldn't possibly list all of them....or could I)

• Armadillo Verde (CR)
  • Celestial Dragon (MS)
  • Crokagator (MB)
  • Frostbiter (MS)
  • Hammerhead Shark (MQ)
  • Imperial Lion (MS)
  • Lion Fish (MQ)
  • Mini-Minotaur (AQ)
  • Scrimshaw Drake (UN)
  • Spiny Serpent (AQ)
  • Thresher Shark (SI)
  • Tiger Shark (MQ)
* Match a Main Course type snack's Home World with the Home World of a pet on the Main Course Snack list to produce a Loved snack. Or just feed the pet from this list any Main Course snack from other worlds for a Liked snack. Also just match the World Origin of any other snack class for a Liked Snack.

SIDE DISH PETS (if the snack seems like lighter fare- not an entrée, not a dessert, it is a Side Dish)

• Coconut Crawlie (SI)
  • Deathstalker Scorpion (CR)
  • Dinolizard (SI)
  • Ebon Spectre (MS)
  • Emusaur (SI)
  • Fandango (MB)
  • Golden Stingtail (CR)
  • Inky Octopus (SI)
  • Mechanical Owl (CR)
  • Not so Great White Shark (SI)
  • Ostrich (MB)
  • Silver Buffaloon (CR)
  • Skarakeet (SI)
  • Tawny Sky Turtle (MS)
  • Tropical Sky Snake (CR)
  • Violet Pufferfish (SI)
** Match a Side Dish type snack's Home World with the Home World of a pet on the Side Dish Snack list to produce a Loved snack. Or just feed the pet from this list any Side Dish snack from other worlds for a Liked snack. Also just match the World Origin of any other Snack class for a Liked Snack.

Dessert Snack Pets (if the snack seems more like a tasty, after dinner treat, then it's a Dessert)

• Clown Fish (SI)
  • Coral Widow (SI)
  • Cutie Chameloen (SI)
  • Grimtooth Reaper (SI)
  • Ice Scarab (MS)
  • Lil' Labor Golem (MB)
  • Orchid Chameleon (SI)
  • Quackosaurus (CR)
  • Sabretoothed Bunny (MS)
  • White Tailed Jackalope (CR)
*** Match a dessert type snack's Home World with the Home World of a pet on the Dessert Snack list to produce a Loved snack. Or just feed the pet from this list any dessert from other worlds for a Liked snack. Also just match the World Origin of any other Snack class for a Liked Snack.

**** For Universal Snacks refer to previous post

A lot of this info was gathered and tested from Leah C's great guide over on Duelist101. And much of the info was gathered from my own pet snack feeding trials and errors and testing out. In fact I had already conducted and documented many snack attack experiments before I found that great guide of Leah C's. I do have all of these pets, except for the Coconut Crawlie- so I can confirm that, at least so far, that this info is correct.

Hope this helps get those little critters trained to max potential! Good luck and happy pet training to all!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy fellow pet lovers, here is a link to a Pet Snack- Cheat Sheet that I posted over on Central. It was easier to get all of the info into one post over there than to try to squeeze it all in or break it into multiple posts here on the boards. I have one on my desk that I like to use for a quick reference when feeding my pets.

Hope it helps with the training of your hungry critters!