Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Query about future plans

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Are there any plans for friends to be able to spar with their friend's pets? Many times I see people trying to match up with the hopes that the system will pit them against their friend's pets and I hear their frustrated chatter when it doesn't happen. After all the menu chat folk have a request to spar pets, why would they ask a friend if they cannot spar with them? It would sure help too when I have waited over 15 minutes in a crowded looking realm and still no match up. On friend and I submitted 4 level 65 pets and we didn't get a match even though we knew we had just entered same level teams. Perhaps can we have a pet arena in our houses too? Is that in the plans for us?

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I second this. The waiting time for a match up is too long. For example, (sadly one of many), this afternoon I hopped into the queue, went to Aquila, battled my way to ulysses's house, accidentally teleported back to the pet arena, ran to ulysses's house again, rescued his family from suitors (again), and was still waiting for a match up. Perhaps have an official pet PVP server from one of the existing servers? Plus having pet pvp matches in out houses would be an excellent addition .

On a side note, how about a way to watch currently undergoing pet pvp matches?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
King Crimson on May 26, 2014 wrote:
I second this. The waiting time for a match up is too long. For example, (sadly one of many), this afternoon I hopped into the queue, went to Aquila, battled my way to ulysses's house, accidentally teleported back to the pet arena, ran to ulysses's house again, rescued his family from suitors (again), and was still waiting for a match up. Perhaps have an official pet PVP server from one of the existing servers? Plus having pet pvp matches in out houses would be an excellent addition .

On a side note, how about a way to watch currently undergoing pet pvp matches?
You can watch your friend's matches. Whenever someone is in a match, just teleport to them and you will be placed outside the velvet rope and can run around the ledge around the arena and watch the match. You will even see whose team is currently "at bat" with the very handy information in the upper left corner of your screen.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 27, 2014 wrote:
You can watch your friend's matches. Whenever someone is in a match, just teleport to them and you will be placed outside the velvet rope and can run around the ledge around the arena and watch the match. You will even see whose team is currently "at bat" with the very handy information in the upper left corner of your screen.
Ahhh, Thanks for the info. I'll try this next time I'm at the arena.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I will bring it up with the ones who construct the entry ways into the arena, and see if we can provide a way to challenge your friends.

Please do not hold your breath as getting the stone cutters and brick layers out may take some time. Not to mention the Aquilian planning and inspection committees.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on May 28, 2014 wrote:
I will bring it up with the ones who construct the entry ways into the arena, and see if we can provide a way to challenge your friends.

Please do not hold your breath as getting the stone cutters and brick layers out may take some time. Not to mention the Aquilian planning and inspection committees.
Lol, this really resonates with me Decius. I do construction and I can surely relate to having to deal with Planning & Zoning, Permits and Inspections. Chrissy, based on my experiences in these areas....holding breath is surely unwise and I'd even suggest putting it 'on a shelf' or at least in the far recesses of your mind, for quite some time- while waiting out the 'Paperwork Stage'.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Lol, this really resonates with me Decius. I do construction and I can surely relate to having to deal with Planning & Zoning, Permits and Inspections. Chrissy, based on my experiences in these areas....holding breath is surely unwise and I'd even suggest putting it 'on a shelf' or at least in the far recesses of your mind, for quite some time- while waiting out the 'Paperwork Stage'.
Well since we are pirates..............Bribery can always speed things up a bit.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Well since we are pirates..............Bribery can always speed things up a bit.
Oh so true Chrissy...a pirate can be quite convincing indeed. Hmmm, I wonder if those same pirate-y tactics can work on the powers-that-be that I deal with in my line of work. I may have to give it a try and if you don't see any posts from me for a while you surely can deduce as to why.......!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Oh so true Chrissy...a pirate can be quite convincing indeed. Hmmm, I wonder if those same pirate-y tactics can work on the powers-that-be that I deal with in my line of work. I may have to give it a try and if you don't see any posts from me for a while you surely can deduce as to why.......!!!
NO NO, Don't try it Never forget the lessons learned in The Towering Inferno.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 30, 2014 wrote:
NO NO, Don't try it Never forget the lessons learned in The Towering Inferno.
Oh, love that movie!!! I know what I am watching tonight...thanks for the memory refresher. McQueen is the King! And yeah, I do believe you have a great point- I'll leave the pirate-y tactics far from work.