Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets with Epics of their own.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
We all have seen max level pirates with pets that give them all sorts of Epics and Abilities, but the pet has nothing, meaning it is quite worthless in battle. Now....how rare is it to see a pirate that says they don't want a pet that gives them all that stuff, but rather, they want a pet that can actually hold its own in battle, with its own moves and Epics?

Oddly enough, I am probably the 2nd person in that statement. I'd take a battle-ready pet over one that just feeds me Epics and Abilities any day. I finally managed to get a Fire Toad that does just that recently. He only gives me Mojo Strike. His Epics include Repel Boarders 3, Charming Gaze 2, and Flanking 1, and his moves are Brutal Charge and Ravenous Gaze.

So do any of you have pets like that? And if you DO want a pet like that, post your request and the good people of the forums can meet you in the Tent to help you get a battle-ready pet!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
That sounds like a great pet!
One of the things we attempted to do with the pet system is make it so you can customize your pet to be exactly the kind of pet you wanted.

Keep on going and see if you can "turn the tide" of current pet fashion by making self sufficient pets.
These are the pets that do the best in battle I think.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there,
That is a pretty awesome idea. You can actually use your pet to effectively defeat enemies. It could be your choice; if you want epics for yourself or a more combat suited pet. Pets could become as good as companions, I guess, but then I guess that kind of ruins the point of a pet, since they should be different from companions.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have gone both directions through the years. What I find is that, at the higher levels (say, Marleybone +) the beefed-up-for-combat pets just become outclassed by the opposition. Their accuracy and dodginess just doesn't seem to increase sufficiently to be effective at higher levels. The only combat pet I have kept running with a pirate in the 65+ range is one that has Charming Gaze 3.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
My favourite pets that I keep going back to are those with Merciless 2. There's nothing quite so satisfying as watching my foo lion run up to an enemy in the red and super hit 600 damage on them (without the beastmaster banner.) Although, I have to wonder, in one of the recent system updates, was Merciless changed so that it only dealt the necessary damage to KO an opponent? Because I honestly prefer watching my pet have op moments.