Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets, what to do?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 02, 2012
Hi been away from this game a long time and now there is a pet pavillion and all. I do have the wizard101 pets down really well with some awesome pets with good talents. But here, I am totally lost and confused. Is the whole pet thing the same? Do you hatch for talents like on wizard? Where does one go to learn about all this? I recently bought the halloween octopus pet from the crown shop. I honestly am lost in the process. Thanks in advance for your input.

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
valerian ice on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Hi been away from this game a long time and now there is a pet pavillion and all. I do have the wizard101 pets down really well with some awesome pets with good talents. But here, I am totally lost and confused. Is the whole pet thing the same? Do you hatch for talents like on wizard? Where does one go to learn about all this? I recently bought the halloween octopus pet from the crown shop. I honestly am lost in the process. Thanks in advance for your input.
Hello Valerian,

We at Petnome Pirates created a complete overview and a guide to advance pets.

I believe that this GUIDE will help you in process of better understanding the Advanced Pets system.

I will be watching this thread if you have any further questions about new (now, not so new :D) pet system. I dived into that matter really deep when since it was announced in Test Realm.

I am sure that other official fan sites made an article or few about this update when it came to live. That won't be hard to find.

Please, feel free to post here if you have more question, and I'll be sure to respond ASAP.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
valerian ice on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
You'll find pet training here much easier than in W101. Just select an activity and the pet training begins; you can then quest or do anything else you want until the activity ends - then feed the little guy a snack.
Yes we hatch for talents and grants just like in wizard although here its called morphing.
Have you done the pet quest from the pelican outside Avery's office? He will direct you to Bestia and a brief tutorial on pet training and morphing.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Pet Morphing as pirates call it, is a lot like pet hatching in wizard101 as far as gaining talents and powers. Pet training is entirely different though as pet training here requires time or crowns. You train your pet and when the timer is up, you can feed your pet a pet snack, just like in wizard101.

However, there are no mini games to play to quickly feed your pet and level it up fast, you must either wait the amount of time needed for your pet to complete the training or pay crowns for your pet to finish the training.

Hope this helps

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Darth JT on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
Pet Morphing as pirates call it, is a lot like pet hatching in wizard101 as far as gaining talents and powers. Pet training is entirely different though as pet training here requires time or crowns. You train your pet and when the timer is up, you can feed your pet a pet snack, just like in wizard101.

However, there are no mini games to play to quickly feed your pet and level it up fast, you must either wait the amount of time needed for your pet to complete the training or pay crowns for your pet to finish the training.

Hope this helps
Honestly, I like it better. Set my pets training, and get to play the actual game and progress, rather than frittering away my precious time running mazes or doing silly dances and the like.

It'd be nice if P101 allowed us to feed our unwanted gear to our pets as W101 does, but the sheer joy of not having to run that maze over and over again makes up for that minor inconvenience.

Petty Officer
Dec 31, 2009
trying to get a perfect pet in pirate is a very different experience than in wizards, what traits manifest in the children has absolutely no relationship to what manifested in the parents. Additionally, as most wanted talents are "ultra-rare" and most wanted powers are "epic" it is very very difficult to even tell what you have in your pet pool to begin with. Now what the parents have manifested is about 95% sure of transferring to the pool on the children, what actually manifests is pretty random.

Sure training takes no effort, however it takes a long long time to even get a pet to adult so you can rehatch it.

My advice is just to learn what goes on here and forget what you thought you knew, because there is no relation to wizard101 pet hatchings.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Ensign
Oct 02, 2012
Hi everyone, so sorry for the late response. Thanks so much for replying. I have finally made a mega pet. The wait is too long though. 1 day + to get it there . You guys are right, this is so much different than on Wiz and more enjoyable. Now if only I could get some gold I would try to morph hatch it. Seems like my companions are eating it all up with leveling them.