Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets into Companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
I know this may be unlikely to happen, but I think it would be awesome if our pets had the option of becoming an actual companion. Once the pet has reach a certain level, probably max lvl, you could have the option of leaving it as a pet or have it grown into a companion; for a gold fee. It would then grow into a companion-sized creature and will be treated like any other companion just received; it would keep its unlocked talents and powers, plus you get to choose one or two additional epics and the rest of its abilities. It can no longer do pet sparring, pet training, morphing (make sure you have a replacement if you want the pet version too), or change names (make sure it's the name you want to keep for it) but you can give it orders, lvl it with training tomes, and finally be able to control what it does in battle. I truly think it would be awesome to have a companion version of a celestial dragon, ice scarab, mini-minotaur, or even a grimtooth reaper. Of course you can only have one companion version of each kind of pet; i.e. if you have one pet ostrich that you've turned into a companion, you can't have another pet ostrich turned into a companion too. So, let me know what you think of this. What Says Ye
Golden Mycin Inglewood lvl 65 Witchdoctor

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Overall a good idea, but not yet. Until the maximum level is determined, every time the level cap is increased, they'd become pets again. However, it would provide a very good incentive to train your pets.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
warriorscreed on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Overall a good idea, but not yet. Until the maximum level is determined, every time the level cap is increased, they'd become pets again. However, it would provide a very good incentive to train your pets.
I meant maximum level for what would be the current level cap. Right now the cap is 65, so the companion option would be open to lvl 65 pets. If the cap increased, say lvl 90, then the pet would have to be trained to lvl 90 before the option is available. If the pet was turned into a companion at a previous lvl cap, it would stay a companion and you'd just lvl it up with training tomes. If pets are able to unlock more talents and powers through the next lvl cap, the same could be possible with the pet-companions; I imagine these pet-companions would have a slightly different kind of stats panel than regular companions.