Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2016
I have my pet that I first got in the game in the first pet slot. Since I've been playing I've received lots more pets and I've trained them up to a point to see what kind of powers/talents they would have to see if they would be useful to me. I have about 6 pets that I like and keep training but so far I haven't had them in combat. I've tried to put another pet in the first slot but when I'm in combat only my very first pet joins. How do I get the other pets to join in combat so I can see what they do and see if another pet is better than my first pet? What do I do with all the other pets that I have that I've determined won't be useful to me? They take up space in my backpack or bank? Thanks for the help.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JerseyGirlLisa on Feb 9, 2016 wrote:
I have my pet that I first got in the game in the first pet slot. Since I've been playing I've received lots more pets and I've trained them up to a point to see what kind of powers/talents they would have to see if they would be useful to me. I have about 6 pets that I like and keep training but so far I haven't had them in combat. I've tried to put another pet in the first slot but when I'm in combat only my very first pet joins. How do I get the other pets to join in combat so I can see what they do and see if another pet is better than my first pet? What do I do with all the other pets that I have that I've determined won't be useful to me? They take up space in my backpack or bank? Thanks for the help.
Only the pet you have equipped will show in battle and unless it has "Loyalty" as a talent it's only a 20% chance of showing. If you want to see what other pets do for you, go to your backpack, click on the pet you want to try, and at the bottom of the page you will see a glove. Click on that and that pet will then be equipped.
Look for pets that have a Grant - in other words, gives you a power - that can help you.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
As anecorbie says, you have to equip the pet you want to use. You do that the same way you select your hat, boots, weapon, etc. - enter your backpack and select the desired pet. You might rotate through your pets to see how you like them. But only the selected pet has a chance to show up and help you.

If you have not tried it yet, morphing pets with other people is a lot of fun, and gives you a chance to develop pets with powers and talents that are better suited to your pirate's needs.

-Indigo