Pet Talent/Power Re-Roll

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
8
Greetings, my glorious fellow pirate players! Recently, I've been investing much time into my pets and have a few with pretty high pedigrees and good grants. However, quite a few of my pets let me down (still loved and cherished all the same) by granting 1 undesirable talent/power. Currently, I'm working to achieve a decent buccaneer pet. Most of the time, I get a pet that grants desired talents like bladestorm, relentless, and turn the tide. And then...tough. My proposal: A pet talent/power re-roll similar to how second-chance chests work. I'm interested to hear your opinions and thoughts to add to and make this idea better.

Thanks for reading!

Serena
glhf

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9102
BossnessGG on Apr 3, 2018 wrote:
Greetings, my glorious fellow pirate players! Recently, I've been investing much time into my pets and have a few with pretty high pedigrees and good grants. However, quite a few of my pets let me down (still loved and cherished all the same) by granting 1 undesirable talent/power. Currently, I'm working to achieve a decent buccaneer pet. Most of the time, I get a pet that grants desired talents like bladestorm, relentless, and turn the tide. And then...tough. My proposal: A pet talent/power re-roll similar to how second-chance chests work. I'm interested to hear your opinions and thoughts to add to and make this idea better.

Thanks for reading!

Serena
glhf
What if you re-roll and get something worse? Then you lose their good talents/grants for others you don't want.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
8
Oh, I meant a re-roll for a single talent or power. Also, a re-roll could only be done once per pet. Thoughts on this? I appreciate the reply, btw!

Time for a visit to the morphing tent and try again.
We have to make sure Hep stays busy. Do you know how much of a mess a bored Kroc can make?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1366
I'm guessing the re-roll would only change the talent or power just added, not the entire list. Or would it?

Moderator
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 4, 2018 wrote:
Time for a visit to the morphing tent and try again.
We have to make sure Hep stays busy. Do you know how much of a mess a bored Kroc can make?
I'd imagine they can get quite "snappy." ;)

The Untold Spiral Founder/Owner, Co-leader of Mercenaries101, MMORPG.com Writer, and much more!
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9102
BossnessGG on Apr 4, 2018 wrote:
Oh, I meant a re-roll for a single talent or power. Also, a re-roll could only be done once per pet. Thoughts on this? I appreciate the reply, btw!
Even that one re-roll may not turn up a desired talent/power. If it's like an SCC would you suggest that it cost Crowns?
As Decius said, just try to morph again, but that Tough talent is already in it's gene-pool ( as I understand from pet Morphing. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9102
Why is "Tough" not a desired talent for you? Was this talent a Grant or is it a talent for the pet? Having an extra tough pet means it won't be easily defeated, and we now can have up to 4 ranks in any talent. Having "Tough" means you'll have more health and that's a good thing for any class.

a b
a b
a b

a
b
a
b
a
b

ish

welcome to the wonderful world of morphing!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
8
Decius Duelmaster on Apr 4, 2018 wrote:
Time for a visit to the morphing tent and try again.
We have to make sure Hep stays busy. Do you know how much of a mess a bored Kroc can make?
I will definitely keep trying! Morphing is fun and it would be a shame if Hep were to make a mess of Circus Maximus. Hep should think about having a frequent buyer program though!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
8
anecorbie on Apr 5, 2018 wrote:
Why is "Tough" not a desired talent for you? Was this talent a Grant or is it a talent for the pet? Having an extra tough pet means it won't be easily defeated, and we now can have up to 4 ranks in any talent. Having "Tough" means you'll have more health and that's a good thing for any class.
Yes, tough is a grant many of my pets manifest. The pet I'm working on will be for my buccaneer. Pets can grant tough rank 2. Currently, bucks and privys don't benefit from that grant. If in the future KI decides to add more ranks of tough, that would be great! You're definitely right, nothing wrong with more health.