Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet System Rework

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 14, 2009
Hello, I'd like to ask for the pet system to be reworked in such a way that pet tasks finish quicker. When your pet is low level, tasks don't take long to complete. However, once your pet gets around level 60, pet tasks around 1 day to complete. One day. 24 hours. Is that not ridiculous? All that just for a single level. Also, consider how prone pets are to fail. All that time just for a pet to fail from a random power or talent. It's ridiculous that it takes a month to train pet and that's with constant training. It's about time that this system changes. With the game getting more attention, please consider looking at old systems that are poorly designed. I write this with no intention of being rude. I, like many players, am frustrated at how some of these systems work.

Lieutenant
Mar 18, 2022
David the Conjurer on Aug 1, 2022 wrote:
Hello, I'd like to ask for the pet system to be reworked in such a way that pet tasks finish quicker. When your pet is low level, tasks don't take long to complete. However, once your pet gets around level 60, pet tasks around 1 day to complete. One day. 24 hours. Is that not ridiculous? All that just for a single level. Also, consider how prone pets are to fail. All that time just for a pet to fail from a random power or talent. It's ridiculous that it takes a month to train pet and that's with constant training. It's about time that this system changes. With the game getting more attention, please consider looking at old systems that are poorly designed. I write this with no intention of being rude. I, like many players, am frustrated at how some of these systems work.
Long term projects can break expectations, especially when it comes to MMO time frames. Pets are meant to be a powerful long-term ally you work on while playing the rest of the game normally. Heck, in Eve Online it takes actual YEARS of irl time to be able to fly the capital class ships, let alone use them efficiently.

Pets can make the difference between a difficult loss and a triumphant victory. We reckon they're worth spending a good chunk of time on to properly earn the boost of power they provide.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
David the Conjurer on Aug 1, 2022 wrote:
Pets are still useful while they are being trained, they can still join your battles and provide support. It's not like you would wait to equip the pet until it was perfect.

The Pirate101 pet system is great because you can work on lots of pets at the same time while still traveling and doing your thing, or offline overnight -- rather than concentrating on one particular pet with an activity you have to monitor in real time.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2009
NobleOtter on Aug 1, 2022 wrote:
Long term projects can break expectations, especially when it comes to MMO time frames. Pets are meant to be a powerful long-term ally you work on while playing the rest of the game normally. Heck, in Eve Online it takes actual YEARS of irl time to be able to fly the capital class ships, let alone use them efficiently.

Pets can make the difference between a difficult loss and a triumphant victory. We reckon they're worth spending a good chunk of time on to properly earn the boost of power they provide.
That's a pretty strong rebuttal, and to be honest I can't really think of a counter to it. Well played.

Ensign
Nov 14, 2009
If I can't appeal to get the tasks changed, all I ask for is a way to get mega snacks outside of packs. Currently, that's the only way to get mega snacks.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
David the Conjurer on Aug 5, 2022 wrote:
If I can't appeal to get the tasks changed, all I ask for is a way to get mega snacks outside of packs. Currently, that's the only way to get mega snacks.
This I agree with - our Level 70 companions should be able to bring back a bonus mega snack rather than the repetitious pet eggs we no longer need.