Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

P101 Pet Hybrid Project

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
Brand New Hybrid Found by Sorceress Miklai - the Emusaur! It's from Orchid Chameleon x Ostrich. Who would've thought of that? I would've thought that the new hybrid would be from Violet Bubblefish x Quackosaurus. Go figure!

You can see its picture HERE.
He DID say a month ago to hatch with "common" pets; they are both common.

Community Leader
I am pretty impressed by all of your theories, morphers. Keep trying, folks. Decius did say there's a LOT of hybrids out there. So hopefully one of you morphers will strike gold eventually. :D

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Fellow Morphers, I have been thinking of existing animals in real life and have been thinking: there are real animals who I think we could morph to pets together. I have placed some ideas of pets that exist today in Pirate101 to see if we could form some real life pets.

*Flamingo

Fandango + Violet Bubblefish?
Ostrich + Violet Bubblefish?

Using the Violet Bubblefish wouldn't make sense to make a flamingo. But maybe it could make something unique.

*Coral Snake

I know that pet has its morph theory speculations to this day, and am going to try the theory today

Coral Widow + Tropical Sky Snake

Believe it or not, I actually have a coral snake pet in real life. I noticed he has some really unique coloring which could mean that the Coral Snake (if it is a pet in the game) could be morphed with not the Tropical Sky Snake, but it could be with another snake. I will need assistance if the Tropical Sky Snake + Coral Widow theory does not work

Coral Widow + Round up Rattler
Coral Widow + Golden Sky Rattler (since it is a Sky Snake and NOT really a dragon...)
Coral Widow + The other Sky Snakes

*Snapping Turtle

I saw this pet theory on another forum post and it seemed reasonable enough to be real, so please know that this pet theory is not my idea. If this is the real pattern, I want the person who made this theory to get all the credit :). Anyway, his/her breed theory seemed reasonable enough to be the path of discovery, and here is the speculated breed theories.

Tawny Sky Turtle + Crockagator
Highland Turtle + Crockagator

So far these are all the pet theories of pets that I think can be discovered to this day, if I get anymore I shall let you know on this same forum post. See you in the Spiral!

Ensign
Sep 15, 2010
I've tried Armadillo and ostrich a few times for the hedgehog because of the peg leg. And I've tried armadillo and lion fish for hedgehog because both are spiky and if you watch the animation of the hedgehog at one point it looks like he shakes off water. I tried skarakeet and golem a couple times tonight for owl, no luck.

Community Leader
Cheyenne Dragonrid... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
I've tried Armadillo and ostrich a few times for the hedgehog because of the peg leg. And I've tried armadillo and lion fish for hedgehog because both are spiky and if you watch the animation of the hedgehog at one point it looks like he shakes off water. I tried skarakeet and golem a couple times tonight for owl, no luck.
Maybe we should do a bit research on this one. After all, the Emusaur had a BIT of basis in real life history. So maybe we should look into more of where the Armadillo evolved from from real life history and try to see if we can match that up in game?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
May 16, 2011
From my observation so far, the Grimtooth shark, the Tiger shark, the Frostbiter shark and the Emusaur are all a crown pet with a non crown pet combination.
I don't think that many people have realised that the Orchid Chameleon is now a crown pet even though it wasn't before the update, so in essence the Emusaur follows the crown pet to non crown pet combination.

I would like to know from Decius if this is the general rule or am I barking up the wrong tree with this guideline?

Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
Ozzie Mozzie on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
From my observation so far, the Grimtooth shark, the Tiger shark, the Frostbiter shark and the Emusaur are all a crown pet with a non crown pet combination.
I don't think that many people have realised that the Orchid Chameleon is now a crown pet even though it wasn't before the update, so in essence the Emusaur follows the crown pet to non crown pet combination.

I would like to know from Decius if this is the general rule or am I barking up the wrong tree with this guideline?
Oh wow, I didn't realize the Orchid was now a crown pet. You don't know how RELEAVED I am to know that

Community Leader
I've tried the Owl with the following pets:

Crimson Crawlie
Coconut Crawlie
Minotaur
Coral Widow
Ice Scarab
Inky Octopus

Spiders were descended from Crab like ancestors which is why I used the Crawlie just in case. Some combos don't make sense, but still produces a Hybrid. It could be the same in this case. I used Minotaur because a friend wanted to see if we could produce a Mechanical Bull which is a nifty idea. The rest were of course to try to recreate the Mechanical Spider.

I tried once with each combo which isn't enough. But maybe you could try similiar combos or new combos like with common pets for instance.

Let your imagination run wild!

Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I've tried the Owl with the following pets:

Crimson Crawlie
Coconut Crawlie
Minotaur
Coral Widow
Ice Scarab
Inky Octopus

Spiders were descended from Crab like ancestors which is why I used the Crawlie just in case. Some combos don't make sense, but still produces a Hybrid. It could be the same in this case. I used Minotaur because a friend wanted to see if we could produce a Mechanical Bull which is a nifty idea. The rest were of course to try to recreate the Mechanical Spider.

I tried once with each combo which isn't enough. But maybe you could try similiar combos or new combos like with common pets for instance.

Let your imagination run wild!
Not saying it couldn't happen, but I honestly don't think the Mech. Spider is a hybrid. My theory is if any hybrid is to be found, it doesn't appear around Bestia or in the Morphing Tent. The Grimtooth, Frostbiter, Emusaur, and Tiger Shark never appeared anywhere until they were each discovered, and the Mechanical Owl was seen in the corner of the tent with that black cat, but it ended up being a Crown Shop pet waiting to be added. So, any of the pets that are already seen in the tent, on the balances, or running track outside (yeah, I know, that horned dino looks like a have-to-be hybrid, but still), is most likely just waiting to be added into the game instead of popping up as a hybrid. I'm not saying this is pure fact, it's just a theory, but it has some evidence to back it up.