Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Pet! Seymour?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2012
Does anybody have any cool information about this new found pet? It looks pretty cool with it's distinct blue eye color! Decius, do you have any new input on this pet?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
finandjake123 on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Does anybody have any cool information about this new found pet? It looks pretty cool with it's distinct blue eye color! Decius, do you have any new input on this pet?
The only thing I can offer up is that upon first seeing the new 'Seymour' pet, it sure made me want to watch some 'Little Shop of Horrors!'

I wonder if we'll be seeing an Audrey II, as well. Yeah, maybe we'll see a giant Venus Fly Trap kind-of pet in the future-- for sale in the Crown Shop for just a 'dolla', ninety-five!' It would only be fitting if we did, that it would Grant Assassin's Strike or Back Stab...you know, something with bleeding.

'Sud-den-ly Seeeey-mour!'

The only other connection that I can make is that at one time it was rumored that Philip Seymour Hoffman was looked at to play Venom in the Spider-Man series of movies. So you have the Seymour, Venom and the whole Spider(-man) thingy...but that may be quite a bit of a stretch.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!.....a friend of mine named Google Lookup McSearchy, just informed me of something rather interesting. There was a children's television show called H.R. Pufnstuf, in which there was an evil witch named Witchiepoo (love the name). Witchiepoo had a henchman that was a spider, who's name just so happened to be....Seymour! It appears that the name was cleverly chosen as a pun, seeing how spiders have so many eyes and thus jokingly must...see more! My kind of pun there! There were also two other henchmen-- Orson Vulture and Stupid Bat (plus some Skeletal Guards).

So either the new Seymour pet is a nod to the H.R. Pufnstuf series, or is no reference at all, but is still quite a super funny pun!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
The only thing I can offer up is that upon first seeing the new 'Seymour' pet, it sure made me want to watch some 'Little Shop of Horrors!'

I wonder if we'll be seeing an Audrey II, as well. Yeah, maybe we'll see a giant Venus Fly Trap kind-of pet in the future-- for sale in the Crown Shop for just a 'dolla', ninety-five!' It would only be fitting if we did, that it would Grant Assassin's Strike or Back Stab...you know, something with bleeding.

The only other connection that I can make is that at one time it was rumored that Philip Seymour Hoffman was looked at to play Venom in the Spider-Man series of movies. So you have the Seymour, Venom and the whole Spider(-man) thingy...but that may be quite a bit of a stretch.

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!.....a friend of mine named Google Lookup McSearchy, just informed me of something rather interesting. There was a children's television show called H.R. Pufnstuf, in which there was an evil witch named Witchiepoo (love the name). Witchiepoo had a henchman that was a spider, who's name just so happened to be....Seymour! It appears that the name was cleverly chosen as a pun, seeing how spiders have so many eyes and thus jokingly must...see more! My kind of pun there! There were also two other henchmen-- Orson Vulture and Stupid Bat (plus some Skeletal Guards).

So either the new Seymour pet is a nod to the H.R. Pufnstuf series, or is no reference at all, but is still quite a super funny pun!
"H.R. Pufnstuf, where you go when things get rough.... " oh lol you just brought back some wonderful Saturday morning memories! I loved Witchiepoo, she was a hoot! And now I remember Seymour!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:

According to a tweet by Pirate101 has confirmed the link to Seymour and Witchiepoo.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yikes! My seymour could not possibly have had a worse selection of talents and powers activated. Extra Guile 2 at 30 is the last straw - he's going to be stuffed in an out-of-the-way closet pretty promptly pour encourager les autres.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
"H.R. Pufnstuf, where you go when things get rough.... " oh lol you just brought back some wonderful Saturday morning memories! I loved Witchiepoo, she was a hoot! And now I remember Seymour!
Esperanza, I think 'a hoot' is the most appropriately fitting description of Witchiepoo...by far! Orson and Seymour are rather 'hootish', as well! I had only seen that show a handful of times and it was definitely quite some time ago. So, I clearly had forgotten all about it and those crazy characters. I checked out a couple of episodes on the internet and WOW-- that'll put you in a trance, for sure! And that 'golden flute'...oiy, too, too funny!

And Chrissy...thank you for the verification! I'm still pretty amazed by the nothing-is-off-limits approach, when it comes to KI's in-game references to pop-culture, literature, entertainment and history of days gone by. And I should surely make it a point to check my birdy account more often-- might end up saving me some 'research time'!