Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Clue!!!!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Alright, so Decius recently gave us hybrid hint. One parent skitters, and the other crawls.
Let's crack the code, Marauders!

Possible skitters:
the crab family, Scylla Spawn, Spider
Possible Crawlers:
Crockodile

There is definitely more, but I don't remember them. Let's Brainstorm!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Frozenmuskets on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
Alright, so Decius recently gave us hybrid hint. One parent skitters, and the other crawls.
Let's crack the code, Marauders!

Possible skitters:
the crab family, Scylla Spawn, Spider
Possible Crawlers:
Crockodile

There is definitely more, but I don't remember them. Let's Brainstorm!
What made you choose those colors?
What if its skitters and crawls?

Just wondering, not trying to send you on a wild pet chase

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have always thought that spiders skitter, so perhaps the clockwork spider or coral widow is the skittering part.
And we've seen crab crawlies in the game; the closest pets to these are the coconut crawly & Scylla spawn.
Time to get morphin', mates!
Since the clockwork spider already has a hybrid, I'm betting on the coral widow. I have several crawlies, I just need to train and level them. My Scylla spawns are old enough now, so I'll be trying the coral/spawn combo first.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I don't know what to think for crawling... Crawling would be on your hands and knees, not all fours, or maybe I'm just overthinking it... Sabertooth bunny maybe

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I found the meanings, maybe this will help?

Skitter

To move very quickly and lightly(especially of a small animal, bird or insect).

Draw (bait) jerkily across the surface of the water as a technique in fishing.

Crawl

Move forward on the hands and knees or by dragging the body close to the ground.

Behave obsequiously or ingratiatingly in the hope of gaining someone's favour.

An act of moving on one's hands and knees or dragging one's body along the ground.

A swimming stroke involving alternate overarm movements and rapid kicks of the legs.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
What made you choose those colors?
What if its skitters and crawls?

Just wondering, not trying to send you on a wild pet chase
Lets just point out to all you pirates.
This is the hint you are looking for.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
Had my Crawlies and my Cutie Chameleon at the tent ever since I saw your clue first posted. Six tries so far, but no luck yet! Thanks for practically spelling it out for us, we all were in a bit of a morphing induced coma! Back to the tent for a few more tries.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
I have been trying and trying. This pet does not want to come out and play. I think it is enjoying the confines of the training arena.

Gathered my gold, put my thinking cap on, rubbed my tummy and patted my head. Nada so far.

Ensign
Oct 18, 2009
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Confucius say, "When searching for unknown, hidden treasures-- don't spend too much time looking in your own sock drawer!"

and also....

"It is much easier to discover an unknown hybrid, IF the right parents are used when morphing."

In other words, I think I have been overthinking a bit.

Going with the Coral Widow for skitter, since spiders skitter and it's egg is red and Orchid Chameleon for the crawl since Orchid is a purple color, the egg is purple and chameleons kind of crawl. Sped through a few 100k gold with other combos before trying the Coral with the Orchid 7 times so far. I also tried the Coral with the Cutie Chameleon a couple times, seeing as the Cutie's egg is purple-ish/pink-ish and the Cutie itself is purple. No luck so far and I have to build up the gold supply once more! Hopefully someone else has nipped this hybrid in the bud and our sanity will once again be renewed.....until the next hybrid clues come crawling and skittering our way. Or maybe it'll be stalking and flapping....

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Okey Dokie Decius, you sly little bird. You know we have been morphing like one eyed pet crazed pirates, right?

So there must be a little trick to this one. Maybe NOT so obvious. Yes I do over think, but then I go back to the simple original thought. But hmm, now I am back to over thinking again. Certainly with all these pirates I know trying these combos we could have found it by now.

So, with that being said, I'm gonna bring out my crystal ball, and continue to "rubby patty" or "patty rubby" most of the day.

Although I did get side tracked this morning with a bit of scrip gathering, but hey it helps with the empty pockets too

**Can I get a little *wink wink* from you Decius if this is the one that is maybe NOT to obvious?**

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
A red pet that skitters and a purple pet that crawls?

Red skittering pets: (Guessing these are most likely not game card pets)
Clown Fish (Small animal, moves quickly and lightly, has red colours)
Tawny Sea Turtle (Small animal, moves quickly and lightly, has red colours)

Purple crawling pets:
Orchid Chameleon (Body close to the ground, has purple colours)

Community Leader
Noble Tyler Strong on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
A red pet that skitters and a purple pet that crawls?

Red skittering pets: (Guessing these are most likely not game card pets)
Clown Fish (Small animal, moves quickly and lightly, has red colours)
Tawny Sea Turtle (Small animal, moves quickly and lightly, has red colours)

Purple crawling pets:
Orchid Chameleon (Body close to the ground, has purple colours)
That does not make any sense to be honest. Clown Fish doesn't skitter, it swims. Tawny Sea Turtle flies in-game and crawls in real life. Both do not skitter.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
That does not make any sense to be honest. Clown Fish doesn't skitter, it swims. Tawny Sea Turtle flies in-game and crawls in real life. Both do not skitter.
It doesn't have to be on land to swim, even a bird can skitter, it's to move very quickly and lightly, that doesn't necessarily mean it's a land based pet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kelsey Fireheart on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
Although not typically what comes to mind when we think of the verb skitter, I actually think that fish, especially certain small types of them, can move in a skittering manner.

Some of the definitions of skitter are:

"to move lightly and quickly or hurriedly" and "to move in or as in a jittery or jerky way"

I don't know if you have seen minnows or guppies or other small fish, but they sure do look to be in quite a bit of a jittery and jerky hurry to me ......must be late for school.

Many small fish, especially in schools, do indeed move in quick, jittery, hurriedly and/or jerky ways. So, by some definitions, skitter can fit the movement type for these underwater critters, since it nowhere states that skittering can and has to only be done above the water-- although, that is what first comes to mind for most it seems, including me.

I personally still don't think any of the game's solely underwater, aquatic critters were meant to be included in the skitter hint, but I kind of think Tyler was on track to include fish as some creatures that can skitter.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Personal opinion / people need to stop over thinking this / and Stop looking up things for definition - I know if i were to try hard enough to look them up / i could find a reason to include every single pet under those 2 words / so let go simple Not complex.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
01Shadowblade on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
Personal opinion / people need to stop over thinking this / and Stop looking up things for definition - I know if i were to try hard enough to look them up / i could find a reason to include every single pet under those 2 words / so let go simple Not complex.
Just a note, that the getting the "true" definitions thing wasn't really done for the purpose of solving the riddle, it was more done to support a fellow pirate and say that it could be understood why he would include fish in the mix of skittering pets.

I do a lot of fishing, and there are many lures that have the term "skitter" used to describe them, some of them are above water "creature" lures and some are underwater "creature & fish type" lures. So, to me when someone says "skitter" in terms of hints, I, naturally, try to think of anything that can possibly skitter-- that's what solving a riddle is, exploring all feasible options. Especially when many out there have been truly trying the "simple" route...over and over again. I personally (and I know many players personally as well), have tried very many of what could be called "simple combination" attempts and they all have failed. When you can try the "simple", possibly 50+ times and not gain success, even if it is actually the right combo-- where exactly is the "simple"? So, when the simple doesn't seem to be so simple, we often try to look outside the box a bit. Simple can also be relevant to whomever is doing the riddle solving. Tyler's thought of skittering including fish, may have seemed a simple solution to him...as it did for me, seeing as I too thought of fish back at the very introduction of the clue.

The definitions were just merely for backing him up a bit and for supporting his thought process.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
01Shadowblade on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
Simple, best guess would be Coral and Orchid. Or Coconut and Orchid, right? But we have tried these combos so so many times.

If we do take out the what if's and the technical definitions, those would be my 2 best guesses, right?

Ensign
Jul 16, 2013
Maybe a crab and a groundhog.

Wait do they already have a pet crab.