Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Need NEW pet with different shapes

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I know we have a LOT of pets / but really could we get something other than different color variations on the same old thing over and over?

How about a squirrel or a wolf or a skunk maybe - or say a giant pet ANT or a Dove / anything new please instead of just the same old shapes

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
I know we have a LOT of pets / but really could we get something other than different color variations on the same old thing over and over?

How about a squirrel or a wolf or a skunk maybe - or say a giant pet ANT or a Dove / anything new please instead of just the same old shapes
Not going to lie here, I would like to see some unique pets - like when the Adorabilis was introduced and it was the same old octopus; why not make it look like the real adorabilis?
On the other hand, changing the colors saves time, the same animations can be used, which allows the code to be reused, saving more time and saving time = saving money.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
I agree. I would really like to see some seahorse and starfish pets as well.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Me too. But as Anecorbie says, a new pet shape takes time for the animations, and I for one hope that the KI programmers and animators are making the next storyline expansion their top priority.

And it must be said that the recent wave of pets these last few months have added some nice new talents and powers to the pool.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I highly agree. Seeing re-skins of previous pets, even hybrids, get very boring quickly.

As King Artorious once said before his departure from KI not long ago in a KI blog post about W101's Darkmoor's dungeon designing, "endless repetition is the death of creativity.".

Believe me, re-skins of re-usable content, enemies, environments, creatures, even pets, they all sound repetitive to me. I'd rather see a lot more new things in P101 instead.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Ah but how many people have forgotten they have another game that they can take animations from

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Krigleblort on Nov 2, 2015 wrote:
Ah but how many people have forgotten they have another game that they can take animations from
If only it were that simple.
There are very few animations for pets that can be used between games.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Krigleblort on Nov 2, 2015 wrote:
They can't really. The other pets don't really attack; they just do that silly little dance or lift a paw or wag their tail as they stand next to you in the dueling circle. Piratical pets get their paws bloody. Sure, KI could bring over the shape of the critter, but someone has to animate it to attack or respond to a critical or die when defeated or whatever.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
If only it were that simple.
There are very few animations for pets that can be used between games.
Yeah, if only, just like making new shapes to replace some enemy & creature mobs' appearances that recycle those already in use from Skull Island, like the Regatta's enemy mobs & bosses...

However, that's a different story.