Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Need advice

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 27, 2010
I just finished the quest for my pet and I went to decuis after I finished and thought I would be able to actually spar with someone else but I don't have a choice to spar with someone else I'm stuck just doing the practice mode how can I fix it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
brielle225 on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
I just finished the quest for my pet and I went to decuis after I finished and thought I would be able to actually spar with someone else but I don't have a choice to spar with someone else I'm stuck just doing the practice mode how can I fix it
Welcome to the Message Boards, brielle225! I may be wrong, but doesn't your pet have to be a certain level to engage in player pet PVP?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
All pirates are required to do five practice matches before sparring against other pirates. Once you have done that, you will be able to spar with a single pet. Five more matches will unlock additional pets, and once you have fifteen matches under your belt, you will be able to use four pets in a match if you want.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
This seems to be part of the way they want to teach people how to use the pet arena. You need to play a certain number of practice rounds with your pet, before the pvp pet arena unlocks. Also, as you play in the practice arena, you unlock additional pet slots, to add more pets into the arena, until you can have a full team of 4 pets. Just play the practice mode for a bit and the other stuff will open.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Just thought I'd add, when you have unlocked 4 spaces for pets in the arena, that doesn't mean you have to always play 4 vs 4. You can choose to only add 1, or 2, or 3. In the practice arena, when you do that, you will have the same number of opponents as you put in pets. In ranked, if it can't match your pet's age, I have seen a powerful high level solo pet face off against a greater number of younger pets.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
hi ya and welcome to the boards! everything mentioned above my comment is true, but i would like to add it helps to bring a friend with a pet of similar level in order to get the fastest que-in.. i believe we tested this on a ki-live one, and the system is designed to favor friends on your list before a random match-up..

stormy jen silver