Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My very 1st egg....and a pleasant surprise!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well, this whole new pet system thingamajig is beginning to grab my attention, by way of storm. I didn't get a lot of time to experiment with it in test and had never really played W101 or experienced morphing, hatchling, pet training, or any other appropriate ing-ings. So, upon logging in and getting Valkoor up and running, I wasn't quite sure what to expect and began to venture into the great unknown.

I had assigned most of my fine, yet befuddling crew on tasks the morning the updates became live and when I logged back in later that day, some of Valkoor's beloved blowhards had completed their chores for the time being.......clearly it was time to collect. To my pleasant surprise one of my "Pet Wranglers" had returned with my very first precious little egg. (How the massive and cumbersome Thunder Hoof managed to transport it without cracking it, is well beyond me)

Four minutes later Valkoor's little egg began to wiggle and crack and roll awkwardly along the planks of his giant galleon. Now came the surprise, after never experiencing receiving an egg.....well, besides after Valkoor mistakenly said "Man the battle stations" in front of Bonnie Anne and rightfully so received an egg on his noggin from her Stock Assault. Valkoor, piratin' is equally for the ladies as well.

The biggest surprise of all once that little hatchling greeted the world with eyes the size of the Marleybone Moon- the little tiny baby Tawny Sky Turtle shared the same name as my twin baby girl.

KI and Decius you have surely been doing your homework and research. Man you guys and gals are goooooooooooooood....beyond well done....kudos to you!

After a touching moment like that, there's no turning back. This new pet system is Golden to me!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Awww that was soooo cute Valkoor, you lucky, lucky pirate! None of my wranglers have supplied me with an egg, yet I live in hope! Congrats!

Developer
The biggest surprise of all once that little hatchling greeted the world with eyes the size of the Marleybone Moon- the little tiny baby Tawny Sky Turtle shared the same name as my twin baby girl.

I'm right there with you. My wife took some convincing, but as I explained: the great thing about "Lord Piggletyschmoops," you're definitely not going to see it on Most Popular Baby Names of 2014.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Congrats Valkoor and what a wonderful omen to have your first rescued pet to have the same name as your little darlin' I am looking forward to many morph opportunities with your scampering rescues.

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Wow, that's a very nice Pet.

On the test realm, I got a Chameleon and a Mini-Minotaur from the tasks. I THINK getting a pet Egg is like trying to get a partner from the Tribal Crew Pack, not sure.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Awww that was soooo cute Valkoor, you lucky, lucky pirate! None of my wranglers have supplied me with an egg, yet I live in hope! Congrats!
Thank you Esperanza. It was quite a nice surprise. I didn't even realize that companions doing some Pet Wranglin' could actually bring back an egg or a pet, so believe me I was thrilled when Boochbeard popped up on the screen and said something to the effect of "one of your companions has brought back an egg, that will soon be hatching". Now I am even more excited to see what else is in store due to our companions hard work and new tasks.

Here's hoping you get a visit from Boochbeard and an egg as well- Good Luck and thanks again!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:D there is even more pet drops you could get to. I got a Violet Pufferfish in test realm (Who I miss dearly, might try hatching for one)

And lol valkoor I guess the mighty pets of kingsisle read your mind :P

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on May 13, 2014 wrote:

I'm right there with you. My wife took some convincing, but as I explained: the great thing about "Lord Piggletyschmoops," you're definitely not going to see it on Most Popular Baby Names of 2014.
NOOOOO WAYYYY- probably only the two people in the world who glorified their little bundle with such grandness...and we're on the same boards.

With a name like that Ratbeard, you must be the greatest Debater in the civilized world......or perhaps your blackmailing/bribing skills are that of a truly EPIC pirate. Better watch out for that 2015 addition now....my goodness, what in the Spiral have you done?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Congrats Valkoor and what a wonderful omen to have your first rescued pet to have the same name as your little darlin' I am looking forward to many morph opportunities with your scampering rescues.
Thanks Chrissy, now I have to just get my crew to span the vastness of the Spiral in search of egg #2 sharing the same name as my other little darlin'.

Talk about finding an egg in a rock quarry!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on May 13, 2014 wrote:

LOL "Lord Piggletyschmoops" Oh that is just perfect. Thank you Ratbeard for once again forcing me to clean my screen of giggle spewed ice coffee. Between you, Sam, Valkoor, Jack and Decius I have the most hyper laptop in Kansas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
In test I received puffer fish, not so great white shark, crawlies, ice beetles, sky turtle, dino lizard and a golden sky snake. At least those are the ones I remember.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Now I'm supremely jealous! Though I'm glad to know that the dino lizards are available, I've been wanting one and was thinking of making a request.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I got an egg! After my last post I logged back on to find that Ju Hao had presented me with an egg!!!!! It hatched into a coconut crawlie, I'm so happy!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 14, 2014 wrote:
I got an egg! After my last post I logged back on to find that Ju Hao had presented me with an egg!!!!! It hatched into a coconut crawlie, I'm so happy!
Well, congratulations to you Esperanza, looks like that little piggy went to the market....and you got to squeel wee-wee-wee all the way home. We are equally happy for you. With your new little coconut crawlie, I wonder if it's favorite snack is Pina Crawladas!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on May 14, 2014 wrote:
:D there is even more pet drops you could get to. I got a Violet Pufferfish in test realm (Who I miss dearly, might try hatching for one)

And lol valkoor I guess the mighty pets of kingsisle read your mind :P
A Violet Pufferfish! Now that's a pet I just gotta have- I can understand why you would miss it. And yes Rachel, like I said, they are good. I'm anxiously awaiting to see what the name of my second hatchling is going to be.

Good luck getting that Purpleish, Puffy pet!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Which one is more adorable?The pet or the baby?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Which one is more adorable?The pet or the baby?
Well, Felix if you are referring to my baby and pet, then my little baroness (that's my baby by the way- she already rules the housedom) wins the Adorable Award hooks down...but that little turtle is pretty adorable as well.

Now, if you're talking about Ratbeard's little miracle on the other hook.....well, have you ever seen a baby rat, that's all I'm going to say about that. But, in all fairness he didn't mention which species of pet received his bundle's fine name.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
YIPPIE, SKIPPIE!!!! Zeena returned from her Pet Wranglin' with a Whiskered Egg, which 4 minutes later hatched into a furry little Imperial Lion! Looks like that MooShu Mystic badge isn't the only way to get one of them little Lions. My hatchling, Sir Fluffy just got to meet his big sis, Baby Zoey!

I now have the majority of my crew doing some Pet Wranglin' just to see what else is out there!