Morphing For Loyalty Trait Question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 02, 2010
1
For me the most important thing is how well my pets perform in battle with my pirate. Unfortunately, all but 2 of my pets have only a 20% chance of showing up in battle. So I mostly stick with the 2 that have a 50% chance. It's my understanding that these two have this high percentage because they also have the Loyalty Trait. I recently read that this can be passed on to new pets by morphing. So I've been morphing like crazy. My question is...Does the Loyalty Trait appear from birth or will it appear after I level the pet up? So far none of the offspring have appeared with that icon and are listed at 20%. Thanks for the help -Lindsay

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
88
Long answer:

If you had a pet prior to the May '14 advanced pet update they received a "bonus" loyal trait and have a 50% chance of joining. Pets hatched after this update or received after lose this trait. It can't be passed on.

Newer pets have a 20% chance of joining every round with 2 exceptions. The Ostrich in a Pear tree and the Santa Claws are hatched with a bonus Loyal 2 ability and immediately have a 35% chance of joining. This will pass on to all hatched Santa Claws and Ostrich in Pear tree eggs.

There are also 2 traits that can be learned in the talent gene pool Loyal1 and Loyal2 that will develop as you train your pet. A pet with loyal1 has a 25% chance of joining every round, a pet with loyal2 has a 35% chance of joining. If you have both Loyal1 and Loyal2 I beleive it will will stack and show as Loyal3 but I don't know if it becomes a 40% or if it jumps to 50% like the "loyal pets". That is my theory but I have yet to train a pet that had both loyal traits reveal. If anyone knows the answer (Valkoor?!?!). I'd love to know the answer.

Also not sure what happens if you manage to get extra loyal traits on an Ostrich or a Santa Claws. Haven't expieramented with that one yet.

But anyway hope this helps!

~Clumsy Calamity

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Calamity PixieShad... on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Long answer:

If you had a pet prior to the May '14 advanced pet update they received a "bonus" loyal trait and have a 50% chance of joining. Pets hatched after this update or received after lose this trait. It can't be passed on.

Newer pets have a 20% chance of joining every round with 2 exceptions. The Ostrich in a Pear tree and the Santa Claws are hatched with a bonus Loyal 2 ability and immediately have a 35% chance of joining. This will pass on to all hatched Santa Claws and Ostrich in Pear tree eggs.

There are also 2 traits that can be learned in the talent gene pool Loyal1 and Loyal2 that will develop as you train your pet. A pet with loyal1 has a 25% chance of joining every round, a pet with loyal2 has a 35% chance of joining. If you have both Loyal1 and Loyal2 I beleive it will will stack and show as Loyal3 but I don't know if it becomes a 40% or if it jumps to 50% like the "loyal pets". That is my theory but I have yet to train a pet that had both loyal traits reveal. If anyone knows the answer (Valkoor?!?!). I'd love to know the answer.

Also not sure what happens if you manage to get extra loyal traits on an Ostrich or a Santa Claws. Haven't expieramented with that one yet.

But anyway hope this helps!

~Clumsy Calamity
Howdy Calamity, I got your message!

Actually, I am like you in regards to the fact that I have not had both Loyal1 and Loyal2 show up on the same pet. I have plenty of each but have yet to see both traits manifest on the same pet. If it follows the Sneaky Sneaky, Charming Gaze, Poisonous, Scent, Merciless and other 1's and 2's kind of talents/traits showing up on the same pet and becoming <x trait>3, then I imagine Loyal would do the same.

But now that I think about it I haven't really, personally seen any of those other traits stacked to become Rank3-- except for Charming Gaze 1 + Charming Gaze 2 = Charming Gaze 3. I have a bunch of pets with both Merciless 1 and Merciless 2 in the mix, but I have yet to see both of them manifest on the same pet. Plenty of each, just not together, so I can't say for certain they combine to give you Merciless 3. Same goes for some of the other Rank 1 and 2 traits like Scent, Sneaky Sneaky and Poisonous. I have both ranks in the mix for (or at least I believe), but have yet to see them both show up on the same pet.

As far as Loyal, I do have a bunch of pets with both Loyal1 and Loyal2 (not on the same pets), but the only Loyal3 pets that I have are the ones I had from before the Advanced Pets update hit the Spiral. So I'll have to do some investigating to see if the other 2 ranks can stack in both Rank numbers and in percentage numbers.

Unless a certain Eagle with a tarantula wants to chime in and provide some insight on the matter.
(hint/hint, squawk/squawk)