Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Loyal Pet

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 11, 2011
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
wisdomhurts on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
I have max level pets, how do i get them to be loyal pets?
The only way you can have a Loyal pet is if it was redeemed from a code, dropped from a fight, or bought from the Crown Shop BEFORE the Advanced Pet Update went live. Any pets obtained after the update should not say Loyal.

~SM~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The only loyal pets are the ones you had when the update went live. That way you can tell the first generation pets from the previous version.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
A pet cannot become Loyal if you got them after the update. Upon the update all pets in your character's backpacks became loyal versions (and will stay at a level that keeps there power around what they were)
If they were in the bank at the time they will stay un-loyal till they get moved into the backpack which determines the level.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Pets can become Loyal if that talent is unlocked. I've had two pets do this so far. I think however that I would have preferred a Rare, Ultra-Rare, or Epic talent instead of the Loyal talent.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
There are talents that provide the pet with something like "Loyal 1" or "Loyal 2" which can increase their chances of joining. But as Chrissy, Sorceress, and Rachel said, all the pets pre-May update will all have the word, Loyal, in their titles.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
You do realize you can get loyal pets by morphing. I have gotten two loyal pets out of thirty morphs. It is uncommon but possible.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Loyal pets are only obtained before, to the advanced pet update. So any pet that are obtained on or after the advanced pet update are called pet.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
EMC99 on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
You do realize you can get loyal pets by morphing. I have gotten two loyal pets out of thirty morphs. It is uncommon but possible.
What ones would that be?

Loyal pets are pets that you had before I arrived. They automatically get the loyal talent.

The loyal talent can be unlocked and passed on. It will allow your pet to have a better chance of joining you in combat.

If you are able to get a "Loyal" named pet through morphing that is a bug, and I will have a chat with Hep about it.

Please let me know if that is the case

Thank you.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I have an Imperial Lion that I got after the update and the first talent she acquired was Loyal 1. So Pets obtained after the update can have the Loyal Talent too. I am guessing that this pet only gains 10% on her chance of showing up in battle (total 30%) while the Loyal Pets from before the update have a total of 50% chance to show up in battle.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
What ones would that be?

Loyal pets are pets that you had before I arrived. They automatically get the loyal talent.

The loyal talent can be unlocked and passed on. It will allow your pet to have a better chance of joining you in combat.

If you are able to get a "Loyal" named pet through morphing that is a bug, and I will have a chat with Hep about it.

Please let me know if that is the case

Thank you.
Decius, I have gotten two loyal pets by morphing. An imperial lion and mini minotaur. They got loyal when I morphed. Not talents, but naturally loyal. Both morphs were during the first week of the update when it became live. It could have been fixed by now since I have not gotten any more loyal pets since the first week. Also, I am certain that these pets were post-update because I had never had crowns to but pets, and the mini-minotaur is a crowns only pet and cannot be dropped by a boss. Also, I remember the morphs. I hope you don't have to remove the loyal talents on the two pets, but if you have to, go ahead.