Hybrids - The Next Target

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
88
So recently we found a new hybrid, the Glowfish!

What is interesting about this hybrid to me is that we've already seen it in the game. It isn't in the sparing ring or a pet we've seen around running around the arena, but it is depicted in the arena.

Once of Decius's hints was that sometimes the best place to hide something is in the open.

Around the walls of the arena are two repeating murals (they are also along the Parthenon looking tops on the sides on the outside) The glowfish is actually on those murals. I'd seen them in the past but they didn't' really mean much until I saw the glowfish.

There are 8 pets shown on these murals. I believe them to be (and I could be wrong please feel free to correct me)

On the first mural I think they are: The Glowfish, The Heck Kitty, The Dinolizard, and the Mechanical Owl.

On the second mural I think they are: Quackasaur, A Lion, A Crab Monster, and a Shark (Thresher maybe?)

Of the 3 I highlighted in red I believe the heck kitty to maybe be a Halloween pet (Kelsey's Theory), and I'm betting the lion is either a drop or an unreleased crown pet also. (maybe that is the missing ingredient to the manticore people have been working on)

I'd like to focus on the crab monster - it is possible that this is just another unseen pet drop or crown pet also, but it seems to have many traits of pets we have already seen in game.

Decius's latest hint was that one half of a combo is from a special egg that your companions bring you. Most of us believe that hint to be to use an egg that is only received from pet wrangling.

That crab monster looks like it may be related to the coconut crawlie (maybe). So I would like to propose the following:

Lets bring back the hybrid attempt a day and see if we can discover this monster:

So lets try the following:

Thursday 8/24: Coconut Crawlie x Tawny Sky Turtle
Friday 8/25: Coconut Crawlie x Armadillo Verde
Saturday 8/26: Coconut Crawlie x Golden Stingtail
Sunday 8/27: Coconut Crawlie x DeathStalker Scorpion
Monday 8/28: Golden Stingtail x Tawny Sky Turtle
Tuesday 8/29: Golden Stingtail x Armadillo Verde
Wednesday 8/30: DeathStalker Scorpion x Tawny Sky Turtle
Thursday 9/1: DeathStalker Scorpion x Armadillo Verde

Lets start with those and see where it takes us.

If you have other thoughts as to parents please feel free to post them and we'll try some.

Some of my more random theories include: (Feel free to try them, but they maybe a longer shot that the first ones listed)

What if it is mechanical? Mechanical Owl x Coconut Crawlie ( I mean the owl is the only new crown shop pet without a hybrid)

It looks a little Jurassic - Dinolizard x Coconut Crawlie

Also if you want to see pictures but don't want to log into the game I posted photos on the Stars of the Spiral Forum here: http://starsofthespiralforums.com/topic/10496483

Happy Morphing

~Clumsy Calamity

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
35
I've tried so far:
Coconut Crawlie x Tawny Sky Turtle 5 time(s).
Golden Stingtail x Tawny Sky Turtle 2 time(s).
Coconut Crawlie x Armadillo 1 time.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
Calamity PixieShad... on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
So recently we found a new hybrid, the Glowfish!

What is interesting about this hybrid to me is that we've already seen it in the game. It isn't in the sparing ring or a pet we've seen around running around the arena, but it is depicted in the arena.

Once of Decius's hints was that sometimes the best place to hide something is in the open.

Around the walls of the arena are two repeating murals (they are also along the Parthenon looking tops on the sides on the outside) The glowfish is actually on those murals. I'd seen them in the past but they didn't' really mean much until I saw the glowfish.

There are 8 pets shown on these murals. I believe them to be (and I could be wrong please feel free to correct me)

On the first mural I think they are: The Glowfish, The Heck Kitty, The Dinolizard, and the Mechanical Owl.

On the second mural I think they are: Quackasaur, A Lion, A Crab Monster, and a Shark (Thresher maybe?)

Of the 3 I highlighted in red I believe the heck kitty to maybe be a Halloween pet (Kelsey's Theory), and I'm betting the lion is either a drop or an unreleased crown pet also. (maybe that is the missing ingredient to the manticore people have been working on)

I'd like to focus on the crab monster - it is possible that this is just another unseen pet drop or crown pet also, but it seems to have many traits of pets we have already seen in game.

Decius's latest hint was that one half of a combo is from a special egg that your companions bring you. Most of us believe that hint to be to use an egg that is only received from pet wrangling.

That crab monster looks like it may be related to the coconut crawlie (maybe). So I would like to propose the following:

Lets bring back the hybrid attempt a day and see if we can discover this monster:

So lets try the following:

Thursday 8/24: Coconut Crawlie x Tawny Sky Turtle
Friday 8/25: Coconut Crawlie x Armadillo Verde
Saturday 8/26: Coconut Crawlie x Golden Stingtail
Sunday 8/27: Coconut Crawlie x DeathStalker Scorpion
Monday 8/28: Golden Stingtail x Tawny Sky Turtle
Tuesday 8/29: Golden Stingtail x Armadillo Verde
Wednesday 8/30: DeathStalker Scorpion x Tawny Sky Turtle
Thursday 9/1: DeathStalker Scorpion x Armadillo Verde

Lets start with those and see where it takes us.

If you have other thoughts as to parents please feel free to post them and we'll try some.

Some of my more random theories include: (Feel free to try them, but they maybe a longer shot that the first ones listed)

What if it is mechanical? Mechanical Owl x Coconut Crawlie ( I mean the owl is the only new crown shop pet without a hybrid)

It looks a little Jurassic - Dinolizard x Coconut Crawlie

Also if you want to see pictures but don't want to log into the game I posted photos on the Stars of the Spiral Forum here: http://starsofthespiralforums.com/topic/10496483

Happy Morphing

~Clumsy Calamity
Great idea Calamity and simply fascinating pet detective work there! I will get to work on some of those pronto. I have started a database at home as well, based on traits/adjectives/descriptions of all of the available pets. Every hybrid so far uses a descriptive word about each one of it's parents -- naturally they would in order to make the pet name make sense based on parenting. But I think there is more to it than meets the eye.

Frostbiter- You have Frost (Ice Scarab) and Biter (Hammerhead).
Grimtooth Reaper- You have Grim Reaper (Ebon) and tooth (NSGW)
Emusaur- Emu (akin to Ostrich) and saur (prehistoric chameleon)
Tiger Shark- Tiger (Sabretooth) and Shark (Thresher)
Glowfish- Glow (Stormtiger) and fish (Clownfish)

Ok so some of these are very vague descriptions that could fit several pets and in hindsight it is easy to say, "oh yeah, that makes sense". But what I am working on is listing all descripted adjectives, words and even the name of the type of pet to try the two-word pairing possibilities that seem to make sense. So I am attempting to work in revers based on traits/adjectives to come up with paired pets that together make sense in regards to name.

One that I am about to try is the possible combining of the Celestial Dragon with the Tropical Sky Snake (possibly others that might make sense too). My hope is that it may lead to something like a Dragonfang pet- Dragon (Celestial Dragon) and fang (Tropical Sky Snake). Now I know that may be quite a reach but I think that looking at the pets in this manner may help with speculative hunches. Plus there's Dragonfang gear in MooShu. But looking at adjectives and descriptive words about each pet, may lead to a pairing that makes sense and works.

So, thanks to your info I am going to look at the murals and try this out. Starting with your Crab Monster theory or hunch -- which is simply great by the way!

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
163
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Great idea Calamity and simply fascinating pet detective work there! I will get to work on some of those pronto. I have started a database at home as well, based on traits/adjectives/descriptions of all of the available pets. Every hybrid so far uses a descriptive word about each one of it's parents -- naturally they would in order to make the pet name make sense based on parenting. But I think there is more to it than meets the eye.

Frostbiter- You have Frost (Ice Scarab) and Biter (Hammerhead).
Grimtooth Reaper- You have Grim Reaper (Ebon) and tooth (NSGW)
Emusaur- Emu (akin to Ostrich) and saur (prehistoric chameleon)
Tiger Shark- Tiger (Sabretooth) and Shark (Thresher)
Glowfish- Glow (Stormtiger) and fish (Clownfish)

Ok so some of these are very vague descriptions that could fit several pets and in hindsight it is easy to say, "oh yeah, that makes sense". But what I am working on is listing all descripted adjectives, words and even the name of the type of pet to try the two-word pairing possibilities that seem to make sense. So I am attempting to work in revers based on traits/adjectives to come up with paired pets that together make sense in regards to name.

One that I am about to try is the possible combining of the Celestial Dragon with the Tropical Sky Snake (possibly others that might make sense too). My hope is that it may lead to something like a Dragonfang pet- Dragon (Celestial Dragon) and fang (Tropical Sky Snake). Now I know that may be quite a reach but I think that looking at the pets in this manner may help with speculative hunches. Plus there's Dragonfang gear in MooShu. But looking at adjectives and descriptive words about each pet, may lead to a pairing that makes sense and works.

So, thanks to your info I am going to look at the murals and try this out. Starting with your Crab Monster theory or hunch -- which is simply great by the way!
I like your adjective theory. After thinking about the most desired Heck Kitty inside of the morphing tent, I've though it could be a hybrid of an Ebon Spectre and an Imperial Lion. I might try this combo when I can find myself an Imperial Lion. Good luck my morphing rangers!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
I have seen a picture of the pet the Scylla spawn are now dropping in the test realm. They look just like the mural.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5473
I'm not sure that the cat in the mural is a Heck Kitty - its ears are round, not pointed; more like a cougar or jaguar it seems to me.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
I have seen a picture of the pet the Scylla spawn are now dropping in the test realm. They look just like the mural.
i saw that to, i believe someone got there wish and i believe she is happy about it to (its Rachel Dreamsong incase i was being to vague) . also there is a corrupt celestial dragon pet. discovered by the same guy.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
88
Alric - thank you so much for the contributions! I appreciate your helping trying my hair brainy idea :-D

Valkoor - oh my goodness that sounds like a lot of work, but a very interesting theory. Keep up the good work and let us know if anything turns up

Chris - let us know if you discover the kitty, there is a lot of people hunting for that pet :-D

Chrissy - I know. :-( I saw the Scylla spawn images too. Just another pet to add into the list. As if there weren't enough combos to try already now there is another potential. Sigh.., oh well! Yay new pet!

Anecorbie - I completely agree with you! Personally I thought it looked like the puma/jaguar mounts, but it also appears to be wearing the heck kitty's necklace. I didn't know if it was an artistic interpretation of the heck kitty in a fight or possibly another pet all together. There are rumors of a black tiger pet loading in the test realm in the morphing tent. Maybe? I'm not sure either. I also thought the dinolizard looked a bit mean. And it's hard to say if that owl is even mechanical. It's possible everything on there is a hybrid. The one I've called a quackasaur might be the emusaur, and that shark could be the grim. Only time will tell as we discover more hybrids, but keep your eyes peeled for anything that looks like those murals :-D

Sparticus - there are many new pets being discovered in the test realm currently. Should be fun to collect them all when test goes live.

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
738
Did we ever figure out the one Decius hinted at?

Rachel Dreamsong on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Did we ever figure out the one Decius hinted at?
Not that I have seen yet.
But I have faith that someone will find it soon.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
271
The crab monster is MOST LIKELY the new Scylla crab thing from the Test Realm. Just a guess.