Hybrids

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
86
Hey fellow pirates people
I was just wondering if there is any specific chance of getting a hybrid, or if it is just random like boss drops?
Because I've been trying for a Tiger Shark ever since it was discovered, and I was wondering if I should stop at 47 tries for it.

Jacob

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
BrownBeard094 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Hey fellow pirates people
I was just wondering if there is any specific chance of getting a hybrid, or if it is just random like boss drops?
Because I've been trying for a Tiger Shark ever since it was discovered, and I was wondering if I should stop at 47 tries for it.

Jacob
Oh my goodness. You make my 25 tries to get a Grimtooth seem like a walk in the park. *With great solemness and ceremony hands Worst Luck in Morphing trophy.*

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
86
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Oh my goodness. You make my 25 tries to get a Grimtooth seem like a walk in the park. *With great solemness and ceremony hands Worst Luck in Morphing trophy.*
x Gladly accepts the trophy and puts it on a wooden table x
Thanks for the trophy. If only my luck with the Grimtooth passed on for the Tiger Shark... I got the Grimtooth on my first try.

Ah well, back to the Morphing Tent!
x Runs away on his "Mighty Steed"

Jacob

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
535
BrownBeard094 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Hey fellow pirates people
I was just wondering if there is any specific chance of getting a hybrid, or if it is just random like boss drops?
Because I've been trying for a Tiger Shark ever since it was discovered, and I was wondering if I should stop at 47 tries for it.

Jacob
Looks like you have got very bad luck at morphing. Are you morphing with someone else or by yourself? You can only get a hybrid if you morph with another person.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
37
Sorry to hear of your extreme run of bad luck.

It seems most odd that the pirates that have actually found each of the four new hybrids got them all on their first try. Almost like KI waved a magic wand.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
I think its like a boss drop, but that's nothing I spent over ten thousand crowns on bishop, farmed him at least a hundred times, got his worst personal drop (the hat) and allot of the time I get nothing, only twice have I gotten something from his chest, out of at least a hundred times only twice have I gotten something from his chest, just so he could taunt me they were weapons (im after the staff) but I still don't give up and I don't think you should either, I always tell my friends who continually farm and get nothing to never give up hope, and that they'll get it eventually, unfortunately all my friends get all the rare drops basically handed to them, so I have a bunch of friends with all the rare boss drops and all I have is
1 the phule set, its cool but it cant help me in any way, well except mojo blade
2 bishops hat, cant help me at all
3 friar sand weapon, I once got his thing with the three skulls but I sadly sold it along with gortez outfit and the snake crest dropped by pariss (last one because I thought it was ugly and no way I was going to wear that in public)
that's really it, compared to my friends if they want something it only takes a few tries. I have a friend with talos weapon AND hat! but like I said never give up hope

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Looks like you have got very bad luck at morphing. Are you morphing with someone else or by yourself? You can only get a hybrid if you morph with another person.
Not true. I got my Grimtooth and my Emusarus morphing with myself.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
86
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Looks like you have got very bad luck at morphing. Are you morphing with someone else or by yourself? You can only get a hybrid if you morph with another person.
I've been morphing by myself, but if I can only get a hybrid with another person, how did I get my Grimtooth? I hatched my own Ebon Spectre and my own Not So Great White to get Grimtooth.
I'm pretty sure hybrids can be gotten solo.

Jacob

Captain
May 27, 2009
530
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Looks like you have got very bad luck at morphing. Are you morphing with someone else or by yourself? You can only get a hybrid if you morph with another person.
No, that's not true - I got the Tiger Shark morphing solo with my Witchdoctor, first try. My buccaneer got the Emusaur morphing solo after I'd tried about 10 times on various pirates. I am at about 20 tries for the Grimtooth, with no luck either solo or with a partner pirate.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2674
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Looks like you have got very bad luck at morphing. Are you morphing with someone else or by yourself? You can only get a hybrid if you morph with another person.
As the others have stated, anyone can get a Hybrid from solo morphing.

However, all of the hybrids (except for the Emusaur w/ the Orchid Chameleon) so far consist of one pet that comes from the Crown Shop (Tiger, Hammerhead, Ebon Spectre). So, it may be that some pirates don't have any of those Crown pets yet or access to Crowns to get them. Those players may first need to morph with someone whom already has the Crown pet from the winning combo, in order to then try for the Hybrid- solo .

I think only one of the Crown pets in the successful Hybrid morphing, thus far, can also be obtained from drops or companion pet wranglin' (Ebon Spectre). I am not certain whether the Tiger Shark or Hammerhead Shark can also be received as a drop or from wranglin'. I haven't heard of them being available any other way than from the Crown Shop, at least not so far (but it's still relatively early in the whole Morphing/Hybrid stages).

You can most certainly get a Hybrid from morphing solo, providing you have access to the Crown pet first. But some may need to morph with others first, in order to get the Crown Shop pet required for some of the Hybrids.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
86
Finally gotten my Tiger Shark, after 75 tries!

So happy to finally recieve Baby Bear.

Jacob

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
BrownBeard094 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Finally gotten my Tiger Shark, after 75 tries!

So happy to finally recieve Baby Bear.

Jacob
for all that I hope he gives you something really good

Ensign
May 16, 2011
37
BrownBeard094 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Finally gotten my Tiger Shark, after 75 tries!

So happy to finally recieve Baby Bear.

Jacob
OMG! 75 tries??!! That is just ridiculous

So happy for you BrownBeard, I hope that pet gets some awesome talents for you as you well and truly deserve it.

So is the pet morphing broken I honestly am NOT going to persist in trying to find new hybrids under these conditions.

In fact I have all but one completed morphing every crown pet to a non crown pet for no result, not to mention all the other attempts I've done at trying to create the pets I've seen around.

Sorry Decius but I am exhausted and disappointed.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
BrownBeard094 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Finally gotten my Tiger Shark, after 75 tries!

So happy to finally recieve Baby Bear.

Jacob
Congratulations!Wow,75 tries ,if we assume one try is around 20 000 gold,that's around a million and a half gold coins.Hope you're enjoying the pet,I can see it was expensive,time consuming,and nerve-wrecking.But it was worth it,no?

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
86
Yes, Baby Bear was worth it. He got a pedigree of 268, he isn't the best pet, but he is good. He got Relentless and Grant Mighty Charge, currently training him to adult(But by the time this is read he will be).

Got the Mighty Charge and Relentless from morphing my Skull Island Macaw(3rd gen) who had Relentless and Grants Mighty Charge, with someone's Thresher Shark(which is how I got the Thresher). I guess through 3 generations, they were still passed on.

Jacob

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
BrownBeard094 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Finally gotten my Tiger Shark, after 75 tries!

So happy to finally recieve Baby Bear.

Jacob
WOOT! Congratulations. You certainly get the prize for most tenacious pirate.