Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid hatching

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Hey there, question for Decius!

Can you obtain a Hybrid pet through hatching with a Hybrid Pet and any other pet?

Well, a chance of.

Thanks!

Sheldon

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
no hy brids have been made
the golden sky rattler was a glitch

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
AoS Sheldon on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Hey there, question for Decius!

Can you obtain a Hybrid pet through hatching with a Hybrid Pet and any other pet?

Well, a chance of.

Thanks!

Sheldon
There are lots of hybrids out there that have not yet been found.

I have it so that some will produce more hybrids, but some will not.
In example
A + B might = C. But C + X might then produce A , B or X.
If it is set up to keep propagating the hybrid it would work like
A + B might = C. But C + X might produce C or X.

Some Hybrids can not continue on.
Some work like normal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noble Arthur Fairl... on May 29, 2014 wrote:
no hy brids have been made
the golden sky rattler was a glitch
We now have the Grimtooth Reaper using a Not So Great White Shark and an Ebon Spectre. Considering my record, there is no telling how many tries it will take.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on May 29, 2014 wrote:
There are lots of hybrids out there that have not yet been found.

I have it so that some will produce more hybrids, but some will not.
In example
A + B might = C. But C + X might then produce A , B or X.
If it is set up to keep propagating the hybrid it would work like
A + B might = C. But C + X might produce C or X.

Some Hybrids can not continue on.
Some work like normal.
So once we discover one (Grimtooth Shark) could you tell us whether it will propagate so we don't waste our time and gold?

Community Leader
Noble Arthur, I have to agree with Chrissy above. Yes a hybrid has been made. It's the Grimtooth Reaper. It's awesome lol.

But regarding what Decius said, that makes sense. Is the Grimtooth Reaper one of those pets that will not continue to make hybrids of itself? So to get it, you MUST use its parents only?

Decius, can the hybrids make OTHER hybrids?

For example: A + B = C then C + E = F?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
New hybrid found.
Thresher Shark & Sabertooth Bunny = Tiger Shark.
I just adore his whiskers.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
I have been reading some threads in various places about hybrids. One forum mentioned that hybrids cannot be achieved solo, you have to have two players morph to get a hybrid. Does anyone know if this is true?

I have been morphing the Ebon and Not so great shark to try to get the hybrid. I don't mind bad luck, and having to put the time, effort and gold in, but I would like to know if I am beating my head against a wall.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Kelsey Fireheart on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Noble Arthur, I have to agree with Chrissy above. Yes a hybrid has been made. It's the Grimtooth Reaper. It's awesome lol.

But regarding what Decius said, that makes sense. Is the Grimtooth Reaper one of those pets that will not continue to make hybrids of itself? So to get it, you MUST use its parents only?

Decius, can the hybrids make OTHER hybrids?

For example: A + B = C then C + E = F?
Hep Kat'Mun has that ability but for the first round of hybrids out there it is not in use. You can expect the complexity of the system to increase with each major update.

I honestly am surprised that I have now only seen 2 hybrids out there at this point. There are many more for you all to find.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well, perhaps adjusting the odds a bit for how rare it is for a hybrid to happen might help us to find them since we are flying blind here. Since it took me 25 morphs to get my Grimtooth it really slows things down. I have tried many combos but I will admit that I have not stuck with an idea for 25 times or more. I just don't have the gold for it and we keep hoping for a lucky hit or one like when I got my Tiger Shark, that only took 3 tries but I have been helping a friend try to get his and we have produced about 15 Sabertooth Bunnies and several Threshers. If we didn't know it was a proven formula we would have given up on the idea. It is truly difficult to not know what works and then have a proven recipe be so elusive for a hybrid. We are really trying hard Decius, it's just that the odds have not been Eva in Our Fava.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
With all due respect Decius, there are a lot of people out there trying for new hybrids, however usually after 10 - 20 failed morphs of a particular combination we are writing them off as a fail.

There is so many combinations and no idea if they will work compounded by a failed % morph rate.

If you don't have a particular pet for a combination, that you think might work, then asking your friends to do countless morphs for dismal failures is not something I am prepared to do. My friends will go along with me for a few morphs but they have their own agendas.

It would be sweet if the morph success % rate was raised just a little.

Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Hep Kat'Mun has that ability but for the first round of hybrids out there it is not in use. You can expect the complexity of the system to increase with each major update.

I honestly am surprised that I have now only seen 2 hybrids out there at this point. There are many more for you all to find.
Hmm interesting.

Well honestly, it's definitely not from the lack of trying. I know I've tried plenty of combos. I tend to do up to 4 tries each theory unless it's a confirmed theory. This way I give all theories a chance at least. But I run out of gold pretty quickly even if I was maxed. And believe me, I do try a lot of different combos and theories.

For instance, yesterday, I was at max gold and I decided to raise my Seeking Spirit because I got this idea in my head. The Stormtiger Shark had this yellow/green glow that looked like it was from a game card Spirit pet. The game card Spirit had this green/yellow light. Also I was thinking of the Lion Fish and I instantly remembered the glow fish from Wizard101. So I thought maybe Seeking Spirit would also turn the Lion Fish into a glowing fish!

So I raised the spirit pet, then I hatched it 4 times with Thresher cos the body type looks similar. Then 4 times with Lion Fish for the glow fish theory. Then I'd be broke. That's when I take a break. This after chest hunting for hours to get to max gold. It's a long cycle which slows things down.. If I had max gold, that'd be around only 8 tries.

Not only that, some of the hybrids we currently have don't even make sense. So it's even more confusing. I mean think about it.. Ebon Reaper is from Ebon and NSGWS. That is just bizarre! I would have thought it would be from Ebon and Thresher just based on the body of the hybrid. So I could be wrong about how to produce Stormtiger Shark. I might be wasting gold on a combo that just will not work. Not only that, what if it's a pet that's dropped and not a hybrid? All of the clues in the Morphing Tent, around Circus Maximus and even in Practice PvP is still a mystery, so we're never too sure if it's a hybrid or a dropped pet. Not only that, we aren't even sure that they DO exist in-game to obtain.

As for the glow fish, nobody knows if it even exists. It's just a theory. But what if it took me 25 tries? I don't think I would have the patience to do it 25 tries. It could be even higher since nobody's probably trying the same combo.

And all of that was for ONE day of work lol. Not only that, don't forget that it takes a few days for people to train up one of their pets to adult. There's quite a bit of pets to train up too!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
New hybrid found.
Thresher Shark & Sabertooth Bunny = Tiger Shark.
I just adore his whiskers.
How do you get the thresher shark - is he a drop or by wranglin'?

Community Leader
anecorbie on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
How do you get the thresher shark - is he a drop or by wranglin'?
Thresher Shark is in the Crown Shop. :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
Thresher Shark is in the Crown Shop. :)
Thank you ( doh! head slap )

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Ascew on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
I have been reading some threads in various places about hybrids. One forum mentioned that hybrids cannot be achieved solo, you have to have two players morph to get a hybrid. Does anyone know if this is true?

I have been morphing the Ebon and Not so great shark to try to get the hybrid. I don't mind bad luck, and having to put the time, effort and gold in, but I would like to know if I am beating my head against a wall.
I do not personally know, but I would assume you can get a hybrid solo. After all, there are solo morphing stations and you can in Wizard101.

BTW, Welcome to the Message Boards.

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Since the Grimtooth has been confirmed with ebon. I was wondering if the seaweed spirit will work too. i as this because every hatch i do with the seaweed i get a seaweed. even several attempts to morph with a spectre to get a spectre buy end up with another seaweed. i have about 10 now. same thing with coral spider morphes. morph percentage is definatly an issue

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
What do you think will come out if I do a celestial dragon and scrimshaw drake?

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
To Haley Moonheart, Thank you! It is nice to be here, lots of great info!

I wanted to post that it is possible to get hybrids solo, I finally got my Grimtooth Reaper. He is battling with me in Aquila, mostly he gets defeated, but every now and then he lands a 23 points of damage hit! He is tough and bounces back well, and I am training and feeding him as often as real life allows

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Haley MoonHeart on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
I do not personally know, but I would assume you can get a hybrid solo. After all, there are solo morphing stations and you can in Wizard101.

BTW, Welcome to the Message Boards.

Ivette Xavier, Oracle
Hmm, for me I've not been able to get any hybrids solo, hatched my Saber Toothed Bunny and Thresher Shark 15 times by myself.
Yet I got the Skull Island Macaw on my first try hatching with a friend...
Oh well, guess I just have bad luck.

Jacob

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
BrownBeard094 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, for me I've not been able to get any hybrids solo, hatched my Saber Toothed Bunny and Thresher Shark 15 times by myself.
Yet I got the Skull Island Macaw on my first try hatching with a friend...
Oh well, guess I just have bad luck.

Jacob
Only hybrid i have got solo is the blue ostrich. i was under the impression only fandango and ostrich were the only options. i say this because i have about 12 low low level fandangos and one blue ostrich. i would of like to of had 12 armadillows or crawlies. point is. solo, dozen tries. have a good day

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I got my second frostbite shark solo. I also got my tiger shark solo. I also saw another hybrid the emusaur. They are saying it's made from the ostrich and the orchid chameleon. I haven't had any luck has anyone else?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
I got my second frostbite shark solo. I also got my tiger shark solo. I also saw another hybrid the emusaur. They are saying it's made from the ostrich and the orchid chameleon. I haven't had any luck has anyone else?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I haven't tried for it yet, as soon as I get my Chameleon to adult I will be able too. Hope it doesn't take as long as the Tiger Shark(57 tries as of 1 day ago).

Back to the Morphing Tent!

Jacob

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
BrownBeard094 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
I haven't tried for it yet, as soon as I get my Chameleon to adult I will be able too. Hope it doesn't take as long as the Tiger Shark(57 tries as of 1 day ago).

Back to the Morphing Tent!

Jacob
*Huge Chrissy Hug* I think you need it and if I had the power I would magically put one in your pet stable.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
What do you think will come out if I do a celestial dragon and scrimshaw drake?
I tried that today. I got a scrimshaw drake. But since I only tried once, that means nothing. Or everything.