Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How does hybrid pet morhphing work?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Yeah... I am behind... on a lot of stuff?

I was wondering what I must do to get a hybrid pet? I wanna mix these 2 pets I have in mind to create something cool, but it just looks like the first pet. Is this whats supposed to happen?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
To tell you what you need to do would take all the mystery out of it.

Besides Hep Kat'mun has sworn me to secrecy about the secrets of the morphing tent.

I am sure you and your fellow pirates will discover what you are searching for soon.

Come have a sparring match with me some time.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
Only a few, certain combos of pets can morph a hybrid. If you did not use one of those secret combos, the pet morphed will have the appearance of one of the pets, and a combination of talents from them.

Keep trying...you might hit the jackpot and get a hybrid!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on May 14, 2014 wrote:
To tell you what you need to do would take all the mystery out of it.

Besides Hep Kat'mun has sworn me to secrecy about the secrets of the morphing tent.

I am sure you and your fellow pirates will discover what you are searching for soon.

Come have a sparring match with me some time.
So I need to have a sparring match to find out? Or is that just a slogan?

Hmm... guess I have to wait and see what happens when I cross an ebon specter with either a mini minotaur / death-stalker scorpion / other ebon specter... so far all I have been getting is another ebon specter...

Well done btw. I really appreiciate that you did not remove the original pets to create a new one, as that would be a bit sad seeing them vanish without thier free will

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Golden Guardian on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Yeah... I am behind... on a lot of stuff?

I was wondering what I must do to get a hybrid pet? I wanna mix these 2 pets I have in mind to create something cool, but it just looks like the first pet. Is this whats supposed to happen?
Specific breeds of pets when hatching together has a CHANCE of a hybrid. You may be morphing 2 pets that do have a hybrid but have yet to pull a hybrid off it, same chance with the opposite.

Also the hatchling pet usually has the better of the 2 parents so every hatch could get you a much better pet overall.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on May 15, 2014 wrote:
So I need to have a sparring match to find out? Or is that just a slogan?

Hmm... guess I have to wait and see what happens when I cross an ebon specter with either a mini minotaur / death-stalker scorpion / other ebon specter... so far all I have been getting is another ebon specter...

Well done btw. I really appreiciate that you did not remove the original pets to create a new one, as that would be a bit sad seeing them vanish without thier free will
I agree with you Dino, I too am equally impressed at how they implemented this whole new pet system and made so many changes, without removing or doing away with the great pets we already had and could acquire. And the adding of so many new pets and pet possibilities, powers for the pets and ones that your pirate can use- made the updates that much sweeter.

And the training isn't at all like I thought it might be....it's pretty enjoyable and quick- not work at all. The snacks are plentiful and easy to come by with the new Companions Task System and many of them are just flat out hilarious: The Twelve Flavors of Hawkules, Pistachios with Moustachios, Haki Sticks, Glam Chowder, Quesadillo and so many more.

I have a lot to learn about the sparring and morphing as well, but so far I am extremely awed by the amount of work and content put into the new systems and by the simple fun of it. I don't mind learning at all, when it is as enjoyable as this has been.