Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Get control over pet talents and skills

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I think it is about time that players were given more control over what powers and talents their pets get when they are morphing them.

I am very tired of making a pet / training it up any number of levels only to have it get something I do not want on the pet at level 50 or 60 (or even 10 to be honest)

Is there not some way that KI can change this to give players control over what transfers to a pet.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Krigleblort on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:
I think it is about time that players were given more control over what powers and talents their pets get when they are morphing them.

I am very tired of making a pet / training it up any number of levels only to have it get something I do not want on the pet at level 50 or 60 (or even 10 to be honest)

Is there not some way that KI can change this to give players control over what transfers to a pet.
Yeah, its so random I'm quite discouraged too.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I personally feel like the way it is now is fine. And I generally go with the rule that if it doesn't have one of the wanted talents by level 10 / the power by level twenty, then I don't go past that. It tends to conserve pet stacks.

Petty Officer
Jun 01, 2009
Krigleblort on Sep 26, 2015 wrote:

I personally would be perfectly fine paying crowns for some additional control over it.

I don't train a pet past 20 in most cases, depending on the number of talents I am looking for. Level 10 only takes a few minutes, but training to 30 or 50 to see if the epic talent appears isn't worth it to me. Waste of food and pirate energy.

Plus it gives me another excuse to do farm run for gear/loot!