Decius,do these exist?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5491
The Hoodoo Master on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Ranged pets.

Do they exist out in the Spiral?
All my pets seem to have ranged attacks, if that's what you mean.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
anecorbie on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
All my pets seem to have ranged attacks, if that's what you mean.
No,I meant pets who primarily attack in a ranged manner.My coral widow has tailwind,and can atttack from the other side of the battleboard,but that's just one attack,right?In all other cases she walks right up to the target to attack them.

Developer
Ratbeard on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
No.
As you can tell, Ratbeard has been working on his public speaking and oratory skills.

Although he said a few more words last time we had a sparring match!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Ratbeard on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
No.
Well,we've settled this matter.And with as definitive of a ''No'' as that,I can assume,there won't be in the future.So,Jack,should we lock this thread or keep it going?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
As you can tell, Ratbeard has been working on his public speaking and oratory skills.

Although he said a few more words last time we had a sparring match!
LOL I can just imagine.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
797
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
As you can tell, Ratbeard has been working on his public speaking and oratory skills.

Although he said a few more words last time we had a sparring match!
LOL, that's too funny. Ratbeard must be busy with something to have only put 'No.' instead of an explanation for why there aren't ranged-attack pets!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
MistyDragon13 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
LOL, that's too funny. Ratbeard must be busy with something to have only put 'No.' instead of an explanation for why there aren't ranged-attack pets!
Well...Ratbeard does a lot of different stuff.There are a lot of different systems in the game,he has to keep an eye on the existing stuff,like the weapons,the loot tables,and all that other stuff with a numbers.And with the new systems,I'm sure there's a lot of stuff to do,making sure everything is working well for the new pets system,the new companion system,doubloons,pvp and so so so much more.Then there's the little ratling(s) and the stuff that happens outside of the workplace...

I'm not blaming him for the brief response.Now,if he had said ''Yes'' without elaborating,then I would probably be furious!!!!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
797
The Hoodoo Master on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Well...Ratbeard does a lot of different stuff.There are a lot of different systems in the game,he has to keep an eye on the existing stuff,like the weapons,the loot tables,and all that other stuff with a numbers.And with the new systems,I'm sure there's a lot of stuff to do,making sure everything is working well for the new pets system,the new companion system,doubloons,pvp and so so so much more.Then there's the little ratling(s) and the stuff that happens outside of the workplace...

I'm not blaming him for the brief response.Now,if he had said ''Yes'' without elaborating,then I would probably be furious!!!!
Yeah, I totally agree with you on that. Just by reading the forums I can tell that all of the developers have a lot on their plates! Hats off to them for taking the time to answer our questions in addition to everything else they have to do!

Thanks for the support, We do wear quite a few hats each day.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the support, We do wear quite a few hats each day.
Well...aren't most rulers people with funny hats?(the Sultan with his big brain.The tribal elder with his big mask.The doge with his unicorn horn...)

And absolutely no problem.I am aware that those who post aren't the only people who work on something,but they do do a lot.Which is why someone has to tell me what Bonnie Anne does!!!

Sorry...not trying to hijack the thread or anything.

Anyways,I can understand the work...and I'm sure others can too.I am 100% sure that Valkoor knows how busy Ratbeard is outside of the game and the office,and I think everyone here can understand how hard it is to make new stuff,while still keeping old stuff alive.Except your situation is that,but greatly magnified.

And maybe I'm looking to deep into this,but does the word ''hat'' hint at a new pet,coming with a hat.Or maybe something can be done with the Clownfish,it's wig looks like a hat...sorry,not trying to scare you off.We will just have to wait and see...

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
302
The Crimson Crawlie can express the Epic Talent, True Grit. My friend has a mega-loyal one, and True Grit was its best trait. It had a melee normal attack and behaved just like any other pet in PvP unless one of my units shot it. So yes, there already is such a thing.
Ratbeard's terse answer of "NO" tells me that KI must be developing a pet with a ranged normal attack, one or two new ranged epics, and an AI that makes different decisions than the standard pet AI would in combat (maybe based on the summoned skeletal corsair's AI). If so, Ratbeard, we cant wait for you to let that Heck Cat out of the bag.