Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Busy weekend!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I have to say that you all did a wonderful job of keeping the morphing tent busy over the last weekend. But I wonder if in your search of that rare and elusive hybrid, maybe you are thinking just a little to hard.

Lets say I give you a new hint.

This ones got legs, lots of them. When you try the morph combos, the more legs the better.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on May 26, 2015 wrote:
I have to say that you all did a wonderful job of keeping the morphing tent busy over the last weekend. But I wonder if in your search of that rare and elusive hybrid, maybe you are thinking just a little to hard.

This ones got legs, lots of them. When you try the morph combos, the more legs the better.
Oooh, thanks for the new tip Decius. This evening I'm going to put on some ZZ top, grab some crustaceans and arachnids and hit the tent...do tentacles count as legs? Might have to give them a try to.

I loved the Morph-a-thon and it was quite enjoyable to see and help a lot of players get the pets they were looking for. I was able to get in quite a few morphs, but not nearly as many as time would allow. It would have been exciting to see some new hybrids come out of the weekend, but I'm sure it was not for a lack of trying.

Although, if I may make a suggestion for any other upcoming morphing events...maybe offer up bonus entries into the contest for finding 'new hybrids'.

Like, maybe 1 entry for a 'standard pet morph', 2 for 'normal hybrid, 3 for 'specialty hybrid' and 5 or even 10 for a newly discovered hybrid- with only the initial, successful morph that produced the new hybrid qualifying for the 5-10 entries. It may encourage more players to mix up their morphs a bit more. In an attempt to maximize my entries, I primarily morphed for speed, known specialty hybrids or to help others get known pets and or specialty hybrids. Without that extra incentive to go for a new hybrid, maybe a lot of players stuck with the 'known' so that they could get as many entries as possible. That extra incentive just may entice more to actively pursue tracking down new, undiscovered hybrids....maybe, or maybe not?

Either way, it was a fun event and I smiled hugely every time someone I morphed with got a brand new critter. Thanks again for the new hint!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on May 26, 2015 wrote:

After giving this a little more thought, I think my first attempt(s) will be Blues Crab and Scylla Spawn...not sure what the hybrid name could or would be, but I'll think on that too. And maybe the Coconut Crawlie x Blues Crab will get to play as well. I also will try throwing some arthropods into the mix...hmm, maybe Deathstalker x Crimson Crawlie might produce something new?

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Hmm SPIDERS spiders every where - lots more legs on them than on scorpion and crabs
maybe a mix of both

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Thanks, Decius - maybe we were hatching what we WANTED to see as hybrids - cats and frogs and birds. Spiders and crawlies aren't my particularly favorite pets.

Would have thought someone would have come up with ONE new hybrid during the morph-a-thon, and most of the people I encountered were trying known combinations and still couldn't come up with a hybrid. I know I didn't. It's just not easy even knowing which two parents to morph.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
01Shadowblade on May 27, 2015 wrote:
Hmm SPIDERS spiders every where - lots more legs on them than on scorpion and crabs
maybe a mix of both
Well, actually Shadow-- scorpions also have 8 legs, just as spiders do and crabs, in truth, have 10 legs...2 of them being hidden within their shells.

But going by the pets in-game, any of the 3 types would certainly work...I just think there have to be some scorpion hybrids in the mix, and they have an equal amount of legs to spiders.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Maybe a squid? They have more 'legs' than an octopus, so maybe an inky or a blue ringed walktopus? Make a sky squid?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 27, 2015 wrote:
After giving this a little more thought, I think my first attempt(s) will be Blues Crab and Scylla Spawn...not sure what the hybrid name could or would be, but I'll think on that too. And maybe the Coconut Crawlie x Blues Crab will get to play as well. I also will try throwing some arthropods into the mix...hmm, maybe Deathstalker x Crimson Crawlie might produce something new?
Well Decius, the night didn't go quite as I had envisioned it.

Right before leaving work, I jumped on the laptop and gathered up all of my many-legged critters, made room in my pack, sold a few things and set myself up to jump in the game late at night-- for some serious gold farming and fast-paced morphing. I was all prepared to get started on my 1st attempt, Blues Crab x Scylla Spawn (or Coconut Crawlie), when my brain suddenly kicked like a mule and let me know....."You don't have the Blues Crab!" This was devastating news to me and I suddenly had to shift my gears.

It was late at night so not many players were on and for speed and precision purposes, I decided to get the Blues Crab on my own. I already had an adult Rock Crab (Florence would've been her name, if it were an option) and I was able to find my little Blue Ostrich...now, just to get them to play nice together. After that the morphs were flying left and right, this way and that, over and yonder and with the speed of a hoggle chasing mudflaps.

So, here is what transpired-- 'that night in that tent'.

Time spent farming gold and morphing- Approximately 4 1/2 hours
Number of morphing attempts- Around 35, maybe a couple more (used a few Crowns to get in some extra)
Number of Blues Crab attempts- 31
Number of successfully morphed Blues Crabs to 'begin' my strategic-hybrid-hunting-morphing phase- 0
Number of red eyes- 2
Number of tears from 'said eyes'- Countless
Number of laughing, heckling & claw pointing Blues Crabs I saw in my sleep- Don't even want to talk about it
Number of morphs to still come- Infinite (I am going to discover a hybrid...for I am determined)

Needless to say, the night did not go as planned and finally after 4+ hours (with about 3 hours left to get sleep) a friend showed up on my list that actually had the Blues Crab already. But by then I was at the end of morphs and gold, so I humbly called it a night.

But I will prevail...for I simply must!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 28, 2015 wrote:
Well Decius, the night didn't go quite as I had envisioned it.

Right before leaving work, I jumped on the laptop and gathered up all of my many-legged critters, made room in my pack, sold a few things and set myself up to jump in the game late at night-- for some serious gold farming and fast-paced morphing. I was all prepared to get started on my 1st attempt, Blues Crab x Scylla Spawn (or Coconut Crawlie), when my brain suddenly kicked like a mule and let me know....."You don't have the Blues Crab!" This was devastating news to me and I suddenly had to shift my gears.

It was late at night so not many players were on and for speed and precision purposes, I decided to get the Blues Crab on my own. I already had an adult Rock Crab (Florence would've been her name, if it were an option) and I was able to find my little Blue Ostrich...now, just to get them to play nice together. After that the morphs were flying left and right, this way and that, over and yonder and with the speed of a hoggle chasing mudflaps.

So, here is what transpired-- 'that night in that tent'.

Time spent farming gold and morphing- Approximately 4 1/2 hours
Number of morphing attempts- Around 35, maybe a couple more (used a few Crowns to get in some extra)
Number of Blues Crab attempts- 31
Number of successfully morphed Blues Crabs to 'begin' my strategic-hybrid-hunting-morphing phase- 0
Number of red eyes- 2
Number of tears from 'said eyes'- Countless
Number of laughing, heckling & claw pointing Blues Crabs I saw in my sleep- Don't even want to talk about it
Number of morphs to still come- Infinite (I am going to discover a hybrid...for I am determined)

Needless to say, the night did not go as planned and finally after 4+ hours (with about 3 hours left to get sleep) a friend showed up on my list that actually had the Blues Crab already. But by then I was at the end of morphs and gold, so I humbly called it a night.

But I will prevail...for I simply must!
Sleep is very important. I would suggest a good nights sleep before once again attempting to find the elusive blues crab.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
The one with many legs is an "easy" one, don't put too much thought into it. You shouldn't have to roam the entire spiral to find what you need. Your companions might have even brought you everything you need while out pet wrangling one day.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
The more legs the better eh?

Well lets see excluding gift card pets we have:

The Scorpions (8 legs + 2 pinchers):

Death Stalker Scorpion (DSS)
Golden Stingtail

The Octopi: (8 legs)
Inky
Clocktopus

The Spiders: (8legs + feelers)
Black Market Tarantula (BMT)
Tarantula
Coral Widow
Lavalanchula
Black Mambo
Clockwork Spider

So potential combos (based on the most available amount of legs):

1) DSS x DSS
2) DSS x Golden Stingtail
3) DSS x Inky
4) DSS x Clocktopus
5) DSS x BMT
6) DSS x Tarantula
7) DSS x Coral Widow
8) DSS x Lavalanchula
9) DSS x Black Mambo
10) DSS x Clockwork Spider
11) Golden Stingtail x Golden Stingtail

12) Golden Stingtail x Inky
13) Golden Stingtail x Clocktopus
14) Golden Stingtail x BMT
15) Golden Stingtail x Tarantula
16) Golden Stingtail x Coral Widow
17) Golden Stingtail x Lavalanchula
18) Golden Stingtail x Black Mambo
19) Golden Stingtail x Clockwork Spider

20) Inky x Inky

21) Inky x Clocktopus
22) Inky x BMT
23) Inky x Tarantula
24) Inky x Coral Widow
25) Inky x Lavalanchula
26) Inky x Black Mambo
27) Inky x Clockwork Spider - *Already produces 1 hybrid*

28) Clocktopus x Clocktopus

29) Clocktopus x BMT
30) Clocktopus x Tarantula
31) Clocktopus x Coral Widow
32) Clocktopus x Lavalanchula
33) Clocktopus x Black Mambo
34) Clocktopus x Clockwork Spider

35) BMT x BMT

36) BMT x Tarantula
37) BMT x Coral Widow
38) BMT x Lavalanchula
39) BMT x Black Mambo
40) BMT x Clockwork Spider

41) Tarantula x Tarantula

42) Tarantula x Coral Widow
43) Tarantula x Lavalanchula
44) Tarantula x Black Mambo
45) Tarantula x Clockwork Spider

46) Coral Widow x Coral Widow

47) Coral Widow x Lavalanchula
48) Coral Widow x Black Mambo
49) Coral Widow x Clockwork Spider

50) Lavalanchula x Lavalanchula
51) Lavalanchula x Black Mambo
52) Lavalanchula x Clockwork Spider

53) Black Mambo x Black Mambo
54) Black Mambo x Clockwork Spider

55) Clockwork Spider x Clockwork Spider

That's a long list still Decius with probably 10 fails at each attempt too.

~Clumsy Calamity

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on May 28, 2015 wrote:
The one with many legs is an "easy" one, don't put too much thought into it. You shouldn't have to roam the entire spiral to find what you need. Your companions might have even brought you everything you need while out pet wrangling one day.
Ok, so that should probably be Coconut Crawlie and Inky Octopus-- gotcha! I'll get right on it this evening. And don't worry I won't be having another night of the crabby blues...in search of that Blues Crabby! Slow and steady wins the race from now on-- but it's as good as mine!

And as a side note, I sincerely hope that all of you guys' and gals' (at KI and any players as well) families and friends back there in Texas are safe and doing well. With all of the flooding and storming going on, we sure hope you and your loved ones are safe.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
okay then... well strike my list of crazy then

so Wrangled pets - many legs

Inky x Coconut Crawlie

Inky x Ice Scarab

go go go

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
it may be even less complicated than that.

And thank you, the water came all the way into the mud room at my house but thankfully no damage done at Descius's nest.
Some others in town were not so lucky.

There was a report of a koi fish washing up in someones front yard. It made it safely to the shelter and they are looking for its owner.
Talk about a wild ride!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Calamity PixieShad... on May 28, 2015 wrote:
okay then... well strike my list of crazy then

so Wrangled pets - many legs

Inky x Coconut Crawlie

Inky x Ice Scarab

go go go
Crawlie and Icy? Still lots of legs there.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 28, 2015 wrote:
Crawlie and Icy? Still lots of legs there.
I was thinking the same thing...Coconut Crawlie and Ice Scarab. At the top of the Morph-a-thon page is a blue, rather cold looking, Crawlie. Perhaps a Snow Crab...maybe or Arctic Crab? (I hope) Or something more exotic like a Yeti Crab-- ooh, I'm getting excited here!

I think this just could be the 'winning' combo! Now I gotta make my way home, wrestle with some rugrats and then get to morphing! Blues Crab, you just may have to wait.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011

And thank you, the water came all the way into the mud room at my house but thankfully no damage done at Descius's nest.

There was a report of a koi fish washing up in someones front yard. It made it safely to the shelter and they are looking for its owner.
Talk about a wild ride!
Less complicated?!?

Inky x Inky? A Dinky?!?!

Decius can't tell a story without it being misconstrued as a hybrid hint so before Valkoor dissects this with his superior analytic skills let's try a far fetched attempt. :-P

Koi? Wild Ride?

Let's see there are Lava Koi on the way to see Chumba Wumba.

There is an old Disney World ride called Mr. Toad's wild Ride.

So fire toad x lion fish = lava koi

~Clumsy Calamity

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010

Talk about a wild ride!
I tried Inky x Inky dozen of times.

It might be Coconut Crawlie x Coconut Crawlie and Ice Scarab x Ice Scarab.

I feel we are very close.

Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Calamity PixieShad... on May 29, 2015 wrote:
Less complicated?!?

Inky x Inky? A Dinky?!?!

Decius can't tell a story without it being misconstrued as a hybrid hint so before Valkoor dissects this with his superior analytic skills let's try a far fetched attempt. :-P

Koi? Wild Ride?

~Clumsy Calamity
Sometimes its not a hint :P

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Calamity PixieShad... on May 29, 2015 wrote:
Less complicated?!?

Inky x Inky? A Dinky?!?!

Koi? Wild Ride?

~Clumsy Calamity
Lol, nice detective work Cal!

But perhaps he was just being Koi with us, baiting us in, getting us to fish for hints, & make us wriggle a little bit- as to not let us off the hook. He may try to worm his way out of this one, but the net result will be us landing a slippery pet-- yeah...buoyyyyy!

Ok, so you want me to dissect some hybrids...what has this world come to! Forceps...biceps! Let's start by looking at some key words/combos in Scuba Doo's post-- ruh roh, Raggy!

We have: reports, koi fish, washing up, yard, safely, shelter, talk about & wild ride!

Reports- What's another word for report? Yep, briefing? We drop the -ING because there's no mention of it being a financial report. So, that leaves us with brief. Now, we have our 1st true clue. We are looking for a hybrid that wears briefs, possibly named Calvin!

Koi Fish- The word Koi is a fishy word for coy. A synonym for coy is kittenish..so this brief wearing hybrid is going to be part kitten & part -ish. Span-, dan-, varn-...not sure which -ish, but probably f-, for fish, to go along with Koi.

Washing Up- WOAH! This one almost gave it away-- close call Decius! What washes up? Need a moment-- time's up! A bidet of course. And what does bidet rhyme with? G'day of course! So the other 1/2 of this kitten-ish hybrid is from the land down under-- maybe a worm, snake, mole, carrot...interesting!

Yard- A yard is close to a meter. A meter is close to a mater, & a mater is from...the LAND DOWN UNDER!!!
Our hybrid = briefs wearing kitten x potatofish!

Safely- When a potato has fallen it can't get up, so for safety it has Life Alert! So this was Decius's way of alerting us to watch for fallen potatoes!

Shelter- Toss that one out, I got nothing.

Talk about- Rhymes with walkabout-- again pointing to the land down under & fallen potatofish!

Ladies & Gentleman (usually only one in the group)-- we have our last clue along with our hybrid!

Wild Ride- Ever try riding a briefs wearing Kittatofish? Now that's a wild ride!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
of the wrangled-only pets ,coconut crawlie is the only one currently known that even has legs, the other is violet bubblefish, inky drops from locked chests and tentacles are not legs they are arms, ice scarab drops from the vulture boss dungeon, both of the last statements i know because happened to me personally, also he said "companions may have brought you everything you need in one day" and also "less complicated than that" so i personally believe its a punk fish thing...coconut + coconut+ lots of luck= new many legged hybrid...
80 morphs of inky + coconut in 5 hours yesterday brought nothing new though we were all hoping like crazy..and my best buddy erin says i need more sleep so...please help...lets do this coconut + coconut thing get serious team up and lets make decius proud
ty
with ,
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
* Light bulb * * insert Mario Coin sound effect *
"Lots of legs" thinking its a pirate game and it involves crab and a pet achieved through wrangling ( coral widow?)
SPIDER CRAB coral widow and red rock crab? need to try am I close Decius? it has lots of legs :P
Am I close?
you put pork you pine why wouldn't you have a made a joke off of another animal ... that's convenient to do ...
Decius yes or no or close? plz

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 29, 2015 wrote:
Lol, nice detective work Cal!

But perhaps he was just being Koi with us, baiting us in, getting us to fish for hints, & make us wriggle a little bit- as to not let us off the hook. He may try to worm his way out of this one, but the net result will be us landing a slippery pet-- yeah...buoyyyyy!

Ok, so you want me to dissect some hybrids...what has this world come to! Forceps...biceps! Let's start by looking at some key words/combos in Scuba Doo's post-- ruh roh, Raggy!

We have: reports, koi fish, washing up, yard, safely, shelter, talk about & wild ride!

Reports- What's another word for report? Yep, briefing? We drop the -ING because there's no mention of it being a financial report. So, that leaves us with brief. Now, we have our 1st true clue. We are looking for a hybrid that wears briefs, possibly named Calvin!

Koi Fish- The word Koi is a fishy word for coy. A synonym for coy is kittenish..so this brief wearing hybrid is going to be part kitten & part -ish. Span-, dan-, varn-...not sure which -ish, but probably f-, for fish, to go along with Koi.

Washing Up- WOAH! This one almost gave it away-- close call Decius! What washes up? Need a moment-- time's up! A bidet of course. And what does bidet rhyme with? G'day of course! So the other 1/2 of this kitten-ish hybrid is from the land down under-- maybe a worm, snake, mole, carrot...interesting!

Yard- A yard is close to a meter. A meter is close to a mater, & a mater is from...the LAND DOWN UNDER!!!
Our hybrid = briefs wearing kitten x potatofish!

Safely- When a potato has fallen it can't get up, so for safety it has Life Alert! So this was Decius's way of alerting us to watch for fallen potatoes!

Shelter- Toss that one out, I got nothing.

Talk about- Rhymes with walkabout-- again pointing to the land down under & fallen potatofish!

Ladies & Gentleman (usually only one in the group)-- we have our last clue along with our hybrid!

Wild Ride- Ever try riding a briefs wearing Kittatofish? Now that's a wild ride!
I am sure Decius has his head in his hands moaning: "Sheesh if I merely burp they will deduce a hybrid hint out of it, I am afraid to breathe or they will say something about the balloons floating the turtles"

You guys crack me up. Please never stop.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on May 29, 2015 wrote:
of the wrangled-only pets ,coconut crawlie is the only one currently known that even has legs, the other is violet bubblefish, inky drops from locked chests and tentacles are not legs they are arms, ice scarab drops from the vulture boss dungeon, both of the last statements i know because happened to me personally, also he said "companions may have brought you everything you need in one day" and also "less complicated than that" so i personally believe its a punk fish thing...coconut + coconut+ lots of luck= new many legged hybrid...
80 morphs of inky + coconut in 5 hours yesterday brought nothing new though we were all hoping like crazy..and my best buddy erin says i need more sleep so...please help...lets do this coconut + coconut thing get serious team up and lets make decius proud
ty
with ,
stormy jen silver
I got an Inky through wranglin', it's true that tentacles are arms, but they also work for legs - maybe the best word for them are limbs?