Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

All the grants on the Apex Sharks

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Just wanted to make a thread on the confirmed grants on the apex sharks, and what I think about some of them.
I don't know everything yet, so if you have information, please do share!
(Disclaimer: I have no idea on any power grants atm)

Musket Apex Shark: Grants Burst Fire (+1) talent(Have seen it myself)

Buccaneer Apex Shark: Grants Relentless +1 (cannot confirm myself)

Privateer Apex Shark: Grants Bladestorm +1(I can confirm this): I personally think this should be a Repel Boarders grant or maybe even a Second Chance grant. Something that will make it more of a unique pet to own

WitchDoctor Apex Shark: Grants Witch Hunter (I can confirm this): This is somewhat ironic, considering its signature pet is a signature counter against witchdoctors. Mojo Echo, Mojo Rising, or maybe even a Retribution grant would be cool.

SwashBuckler Apex Shark: Grants Elusive +1(Thanks CaptainBlackWolfMan! )

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
Just wanted to make a thread on the confirmed grants on the apex sharks, and what I think about some of them.
I don't know everything yet, so if you have information, please do share!
(Disclaimer: I have no idea on any power grants atm)

Musket Apex Shark: Grants Burst Fire (+1) talent(Have seen it myself)

Buccaneer Apex Shark: Grants Relentless +1 (cannot confirm myself)

Privateer Apex Shark: Grants Bladestorm +1(I can confirm this): I personally think this should be a Repel Boarders grant or maybe even a Second Chance grant. Something that will make it more of a unique pet to own

WitchDoctor Apex Shark: Grants Witch Hunter (I can confirm this): This is somewhat ironic, considering its signature pet is a signature counter against witchdoctors. Mojo Echo, Mojo Rising, or maybe even a Retribution grant would be cool.

SwashBuckler Apex Shark: Grants Elusive +1(Thanks CaptainBlackWolfMan! )
I agree with what you said about the WD pet. Instead of getting one of those epics that can help WDs (mojo echo, mojo rising) like all the other pets give for their classes, we get stuck with witch hunter, which is a huge anti-WD epic. It can be used to not only deal damage to WDs when casting a spell, but can also trigger other epics such as burst fire, bladestorm, relentless, etc. I mentioned this in another post, but it does not seem like WDs are getting a fair share of usable epics.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The Swashbuckler Shark does have the Grant Elusive talent.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
I hope you note - Some of these powers are NOT NEW.

Grants of Bladestorm and Elusive are already available on existing pets / so Maybe there is another talent from them that you have yet to see -

Ensign
Dec 26, 2013
Swashbuckler pet has grant first strike

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i would hate second chance or repel boarders on a pet. if i could id even have repel boarders removed from my pirate i absolutely hate that power and it regularly does more harm then good. same with second chance, i dont wanna hit a buck with repel, and i certainly dont wanna miss a buckler twice

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
01Shadowblade on Aug 3, 2015 wrote:
I hope you note - Some of these powers are NOT NEW.

Grants of Bladestorm and Elusive are already available on existing pets / so Maybe there is another talent from them that you have yet to see -
Good point, however most(if not all) unmorphed pets that have grants usually have one grant for a power, and one grant talent/epic. The Apex sharks I have seen(in all types) seem to also have a mix of selfish talents(tide, extra accuracy for self, etc.) and pvp talents(charming gaze, merciless, scent, etc.). I could be wrong and if so, more power for us

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I can confirm that the buccaneer apex shark grants relentless; mine has it. As for the swashbuckler shark, I heard that it grants First Strike.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Oh now there is debate between first strike and grant elusive... Interesting lol. A first strike grant would be weird to give to a buckler, but it could be morphed to give it to buccaneers and Privateers . Guess I have to find it out myself!

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Wait, Musketeers can learn burst fire 3 now!?

Also, this means that there will probably be a lot more use of Slashy/Shooty Weapons with Musketeers. Doubletap 3, Bladestorm, BurstFire 3, Relentless 2 could be a terrifying group of powers.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Well now you can have Grants Elusive, Relentless, Turn the Tide, Regroup, First Strike, and Rally pet. If you add in The Axe of The Minotaur Lords, Buccaneer is now a force to be reckoned with. This means Buccaneer can have Relentless 2, Follow Through, Bladestorm 3 (nothing new), First strike 2 (Eyes of the Cobra from Mari), Turn the Tide 3, Pirate 3, Charming Gaze 1, and Vengeance 3. This Class has the most epics still .