Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Adv. Pet Updates II

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
Pets should be more unique to each rather than just for appearance. If pets grant powers or talents, more people will take interest in what pets are most useful, because basically any pet can be overpowered.

Also, allow pets to be separated by class. Meaning, not every pet should be melee. If the pet is a witch doctor or a musketeer, allow them to be ranged pets. It's a new idea, but I think players will take interest in pets more if there's more power to them.

And most overall, add more things to do in Bestia. Between morphing and pet sparring, it can get a bit boring in the Colosseum.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
RobotPirate30 on Jul 2, 2019 wrote:
Pets should be more unique to each rather than just for appearance. If pets grant powers or talents, more people will take interest in what pets are most useful, because basically any pet can be overpowered.

Also, allow pets to be separated by class. Meaning, not every pet should be melee. If the pet is a witch doctor or a musketeer, allow them to be ranged pets. It's a new idea, but I think players will take interest in pets more if there's more power to them.

And most overall, add more things to do in Bestia. Between morphing and pet sparring, it can get a bit boring in the Colosseum.
Pets do have the potential to grant talents and powers when you level them up. They grant a talent at level 10, and then a power at 20. The cycle between the two alternates every 10 levels.

I think what you have in mind is something along the lines of how the Ostrich in a Pear Tree and the Santa Claws pets come with loyal 2. So if certain pets had base advantages such as being loyal then there would be more of a want to acquire them. However I feel that if this were to come true, we would not see the large variety of pets being used throughout the spiral as we do now. Pirates would all aim to get the pet that has the best base ability and our pets would then be very monotonous.

I would however love to see some pets having ranged base attacks instead of only ranged powers. I was expecting the clockwork spider pet to be ranged because the summon that Ghor has is ranged.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Steven Owlhunter on Jul 6, 2019 wrote:
Pets do have the potential to grant talents and powers when you level them up. They grant a talent at level 10, and then a power at 20. The cycle between the two alternates every 10 levels.

I think what you have in mind is something along the lines of how the Ostrich in a Pear Tree and the Santa Claws pets come with loyal 2. So if certain pets had base advantages such as being loyal then there would be more of a want to acquire them. However I feel that if this were to come true, we would not see the large variety of pets being used throughout the spiral as we do now. Pirates would all aim to get the pet that has the best base ability and our pets would then be very monotonous.

I would however love to see some pets having ranged base attacks instead of only ranged powers. I was expecting the clockwork spider pet to be ranged because the summon that Ghor has is ranged.
A lot of people for a long time have wanted the ability to stitch their pets for the reason you mentioned. Since only a couple types have bonuses to them if you want such a bonus you are stuck to a specific pet type, it would be nice if we could stitch it into something different.

I would also like to see pet gems added to the game as pets take forever to level up and mess up most always, so at some point it would be nice just to slot in the talent we actually want rather than have our pet fail miserably. It takes forever in real time to level up a new pet and unless you have new characters you are working on it really isn't worth even trying to do as it literally will take over a month of time.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
Pets are great, however its taking a good month to level a single pet to 70 is just too long considering some of the rare mix pets we can create. We need a super clean pool and if we get the rare mix just to have it fail at 10.

Players in wiz101 have it made with the Kiosk and being able to copy and make any pet combo you want with hardly any problems. I have proof as I have done so on wiz as well. Toss pirates a bone or something KI?

v/r