Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question (The mechanical owl pet?)

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I figured that OEJ wouldn't say anything while it was in the test realm (and maybe not even now o.o?) but has anyone figured out how to get this pet?

My theory is a Bird+ machine pet has a chance of getting this pet.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2010
I saw regular owls sitting around Captain Steed's Villa in Aragon Skyway. Maybe that's a clue that they're from Valencia? Possibly we might get Owl pets from Valencia and can mix them with the Golem to get the mechanical version?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
OR.......it IS a Mechanical Owl. Perhaps something mechanical drops it? What is the ONLY boss fight in Valencia? Perhaps the final fight in Granchia just got a new drop added to its loot table?

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
It could be a new boss drop or available via pet wrangling

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I also have seen owls in as far away lands as Aquila. In fact I took a screenshot of one keeping a watchful eye on Valkoor- take a look !

This particular owl was in Illios on a bridge to the right after you come from the docks. I have seen quite a few new furry and feathery critters scattered about in new areas throughout the Spiral, including many that are stationary and perched in trees and such- including a white Skarakeet (or could be new bird species) in a tree, just around the corner from the owl.

I'm not sure if these are hints or clues as to the possibility of those animals being dropped in those respective areas, but seeing all of these new critters, like the owl.....sure is a HOOT!

Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
Now here is a theory for you guys. What if the mechanical owl, and little mechanical spider that we see in the morphing tent, are pets from the next book? We already know that someone is making little mechanical birds to fly round some parts of the spiral. Plus we have some snacks for pets that have to origin realm as of yet. It might be that we won't see them until the next book drops. Hopefully they aren't teasing us that much though.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
ShamanBond on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Now here is a theory for you guys. What if the mechanical owl, and little mechanical spider that we see in the morphing tent, are pets from the next book? We already know that someone is making little mechanical birds to fly round some parts of the spiral. Plus we have some snacks for pets that have to origin realm as of yet. It might be that we won't see them until the next book drops. Hopefully they aren't teasing us that much though.
The mechanical Owl on the test realm was in a Pet sparring match though.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2013
maybe it drops from a boss in marleybone? what about the last battle with rooke? or the last dungeon where you fight bishop (where you have to blow up the machine)? maybe the owl is there. Lots of mechanical stuff going on there too, although I don't recall seeing an owl?

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
uh this may not be in sync with the topic but I did fight against a mechanical owl in one of the practice matches

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fiery griffin wind... on May 17, 2014 wrote:
uh this may not be in sync with the topic but I did fight against a mechanical owl in one of the practice matches
Hi Griffin, welcome to the message boards. Yea that is where most of us have seen it. We are just trying to figure out how to get it.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
If the mechanical owl pet appears in a pet practice match, then it's quiet possible that it's a game card pet... or perhaps a hint to an upcoming bundle?

Ensign
Sep 28, 2012
Well, we have the little mecha-spider, unicorn hare, frilled lizard and small cat - all in the morphing tent and I don't think we have them in game yet or no one has gotten one that I know of to date. Those and the mecha-owl might all be in the next expansion or a bundle like Tyler said. I have battled the owl in practice matches as well, but that doesn't mean we have access to it yet.

Decius might be able to give us a hint of whether or not it is possible to get that little guy on live realms.
Just a little hint please

And on a side note to the Devs - Love the tip of the hat to the old school "Clash of the Titans" with this mecha-owl. Bubo lives on

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ShamanBond on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Well, we have the little mecha-spider, unicorn hare, frilled lizard and small cat - all in the morphing tent and I don't think we have them in game yet or no one has gotten one that I know of to date. Those and the mecha-owl might all be in the next expansion or a bundle like Tyler said. I have battled the owl in practice matches as well, but that doesn't mean we have access to it yet.

Decius might be able to give us a hint of whether or not it is possible to get that little guy on live realms.
Just a little hint please

And on a side note to the Devs - Love the tip of the hat to the old school "Clash of the Titans" with this mecha-owl. Bubo lives on
I agree with the nod to Clash of the Titans. I just wish that the name was in our list to add to the nod.