Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A New Pet?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 16, 2011
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
So, I decided to log into Test on my work laptop for the first time, so that I could conduct pet research......while I was "working". Since it was my first time in Test on the laptop, I had to wait for all of the updated files to load and saw a couple of interesting things whiz by.

It seemed to be loading/updating pet files at the time, which I could tell because that's all that flashed by, when I saw the Frog animations for the pet that Esperanza discovered. What was even more interesting was that I also saw animations and/or files load for these possible pets: Bird, Spider, Toad and the most interesting ones were for............Bunnycorn and Piranha! Now Spider, Bird and Toad could easily just refer to already existing in the Live game or even the new Spider from the Black Market, but with the discovery of the new plain old Frog.......perhaps they are entirely different pets altogether.

But one thing is for certain-- that loading of the Bunnycorn and Piranha files really got me quite a bit intrigued and excited. Maybe I should try morphing for hybrids in Test tonight!
I saw the Bunnycorn and Piranha load too along with Panda.
However, the Frog was the only one that loaded with animations. I was in the morph tent when I loaded in Test so perhaps the Bunnycorn, Piranha and Panda are just decorations somewhere.

I have seen Guinea Pig and a few others load in Aquila not long after the first pet update released, but since they've never surfaced my guess is that they must just be decorations.

Unless Decius could shed some light on whether these loads are real pets or decorations **Grins**

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ozzie Mozzie on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
I saw the Bunnycorn and Piranha load too along with Panda.
However, the Frog was the only one that loaded with animations. I was in the morph tent when I loaded in Test so perhaps the Bunnycorn, Piranha and Panda are just decorations somewhere.

I have seen Guinea Pig and a few others load in Aquila not long after the first pet update released, but since they've never surfaced my guess is that they must just be decorations.

Unless Decius could shed some light on whether these loads are real pets or decorations **Grins**
Yeah, I sure hope at least one of those 3, or preferably all 3, are pets we can get our morphing mitts on. Test had been up for a little while so when I finally logged onto it with my laptop it went through a ton of animal file transfers/loads. I waited it out at the pirate select screen and that's where I saw the Frog, Bird, Toad and Fish Files (where's Mulder and Scully when we need them) and they all loaded one after another for me with the Bunnycorn and Piranha files in hot pursuit......and most seemed to load the same amount of files and similar ones too, but.....they all actually loaded on the pirate select screen for me-- not sure if they were the same ones you saw in the tent or if where they load makes any difference as to what types of files they were.

So maybe the files I saw load at that time were for decorations or something of that nature-- I sure hope there's a couple more pets thrown in there from that bunch.

Naturally I got my hopes up when I saw the Bunnycorn and Piranha (I somehow missed the cute little Panda files-- must have been while I was passed out cold) since many pirates have been exuberantly clamoring for the Bunnycorn to hop into the Spiral and a Piranha would just be something awesome for us to sink our teeth into.

Hopefully, it won't take long once Test hits Live for many of the Morphing Mysteries to reveal themselves and for players to be emotin' away in the tent after they hit new critter and hybrid gold!

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 9, 2014 wrote:
Frogs crawl?
I thought frogs hopped.
on the ground
they can crawl up walls

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
on the ground
they can crawl up walls
I had forgotten about the tree frogs that used to hang out on the windows (outside) every summer night catching the bugs that came to the light in the window (back in the days when I lived in northeast Texas). The bats flying by the security yard light were neat too.