Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A few questions I had on pet training

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
As I'm getting back into playing this game after a decently long break(last time I played was last summer) and experimenting with a completely stupid / hybrid build, I realize I probably need to actually start using pets because the stuff they give is pretty nice.

My main issue, however, is I don't know head or tail about pet training, so I figured asking some questions would be a good idea.

So, here they are:

1)Is there a way to guarantee a specific talent appears(such as one of the grants: insert power here) or is it just luck? I'm maining asking this because I want to make a pet that gives me a bunch of musketeer epics but don't want to train it to lvl 70 just to potentially not have them appear.

2)How do you get pet snacks easily?
I keep on running out of good ones and the bazaar tends to run out of stock of them. I've tried using Pet Wrangler but they tend to only bring low tier snacks and items.

and lastly,

3) How does morphing work in regards to the allocation of talents?
Same deal as 1), I'm trying to build a musketeer pet for my but I don't want to spend a bunch of gold and money trying to do it just to find out I didn't get any of the (grants: insert epic here) I wanted.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1) Sorry, it's dumb luck all the way. Some talents do seem "sticky" but you can't really guarantee them.

2) What level is your pirate? What level is your crew? The higher the crew level, the higher level snacks pet wranglin' can give you.

3) IIRC, morphing is slightly loaded toward the better traits being passed on. Of course, that still doesn't ensure you'll get what you wanted and your idea of what is a more desirable trait may not match KI's ideal.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bakugan2556 on Feb 19, 2021 wrote:
As I'm getting back into playing this game after a decently long break(last time I played was last summer) and experimenting with a completely stupid / hybrid build, I realize I probably need to actually start using pets because the stuff they give is pretty nice.

My main issue, however, is I don't know head or tail about pet training, so I figured asking some questions would be a good idea.

So, here they are:

1)Is there a way to guarantee a specific talent appears(such as one of the grants: insert power here) or is it just luck? I'm maining asking this because I want to make a pet that gives me a bunch of musketeer epics but don't want to train it to lvl 70 just to potentially not have them appear.

2)How do you get pet snacks easily?
I keep on running out of good ones and the bazaar tends to run out of stock of them. I've tried using Pet Wrangler but they tend to only bring low tier snacks and items.

and lastly,

3) How does morphing work in regards to the allocation of talents?
Same deal as 1), I'm trying to build a musketeer pet for my but I don't want to spend a bunch of gold and money trying to do it just to find out I didn't get any of the (grants: insert epic here) I wanted.
1) There's no guarantee, it's random. But keep morhing with the higher pedigree pets; you'll have a better chance with those.
2) Try setting a few companions to the Pet Wranglin' task - this is the "easiest" way to get pet snacks; or you could try the pet pvp activities, or farm Devilfish Hollow for snacks.
3) When you have morphed a pet, look at it's talents & epics section and compare with the pet that you want to pass on it's traites. If there's an epic or super rare showing in the pet's pedigree, then there's a good chance that you may get that talent/grant.
Or just keep trying......
BTW, a + is one of the super hybrids you can make, I know because I have several.
Good Luck!

Ensign
Mar 08, 2018
anecorbie on Feb 21, 2021 wrote:
1) There's no guarantee, it's random. But keep morhing with the higher pedigree pets; you'll have a better chance with those.
2) Try setting a few companions to the Pet Wranglin' task - this is the "easiest" way to get pet snacks; or you could try the pet pvp activities, or farm Devilfish Hollow for snacks.
3) When you have morphed a pet, look at it's talents & epics section and compare with the pet that you want to pass on it's traites. If there's an epic or super rare showing in the pet's pedigree, then there's a good chance that you may get that talent/grant.
Or just keep trying......
BTW, a + is one of the super hybrids you can make, I know because I have several.
Good Luck!
Agreed